FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Squatters always win! read this sad story!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Here a sad story: Friends let a friend stay are a family own house on the east-side for free.

He got sick and when went to the hospital and will not be coming back.

Unbeknownst to my friends the guy that got sick let someone stay in the house and is still living there.

My friends ask the person to leave and the person said no I live here and have mail.

My friend called the police and nothing could be done because the person has mail with the address of the house and keys to the house. The police said my friend have to evicted the person living in the house.

Well my fiends said the heck with it it would be cheaper to have the electric service pulled and let it go to demo.

Another friend said he would take it and now he is dealing with the same problem. To add insult to injury we only know the person squatting in the house first name.

So how can he evict with only a first name?

Before you ask, the friend in the hospital does not know the last name either and wants no part of the situation.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Owner, his guardian or attorney-in-fact, files landlord/tenant complaint against (name of known occupant, or John/Jane Doe) and "all other occupants." Serve the people with copy of complaint personally and by mail to that address. Follow through with hearing, then eviction papers. Or see an attorney and have him/her do it.

If this person is collecting SSI checks by mail, would be interesting to take this photo to local Social Security Administration and see if she can be identified by the address. Let them know she is squatting.

Also, if owner is sick, may be classified as "vulnerable adult" or vulnerable senior. Maybe contact Sheriff Department on behalf of sick owner to see if they can help. You'd have to explain the conditions that owner is unable to act on his own behalf.

Just some ideas.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There may be a similar situation on Ballenger , just south of Miller. A house on the east side of the street has a message painted that a bum lives there who is destroying the house.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:42 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
There may be a similar situation on Ballenger , just south of Miller. A house on the east side of the street has a message painted that a bum lives there who is destroying the house.
I believe you mean just north of Miller Road at the corner of Brandon. From a search of tax, title, probate records, this looks like one of those complicated cases where someone was supposed to be taking care of owner's assets. There's a probate file (not deceased estate) with an Order Confirming Sale of Real Estate filed on 6/22/2011 but it would take a check of the court file to see if this property is included on the Order. This property is shown as "Posted" on the city's tax record.
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: