FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: UAW endorses Scott Smith
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just got a robo call from the UAW the message was that "we're" (they're) tired of all the city hall corruption, and with the Grand Jury investigation, the taxpayers will pick up the tab for everyone's attorneys. The caller urged everyone to vote for Smith.

Interesting.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

What does anyone think of Smith? Any impressions of the man?
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:32 am 
stevemintline
F L I N T O I D

"The UAW has not endorsed Scott Smith"

-Art Reyes, President, UAW Local 651
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:07 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The computer call I got said they are endorsing him. Phoney? I don't know.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
stevemintline
F L I N T O I D

According to Art and several other local UAW officials, the call is fake.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Rarely does the UAW endorse before a primary. They usually only endorse during a general election and they may not even endorse then.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:42 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Who has the money to pay for robocalls? Walling seems to be spending a lot of money uselessly.

Has anyone driven by the house Smith "donated" to the fellow from New York with the yellow school bus? It's on Miller Road, has half a dozen Smith signs in the front yard, a little blue car in the drive with huge Smith signs, lots of trash beside the house. And Smith says he's going to take care of blight. He gave the fellow the house with thousands of dollars owing at the county for back property taxes. Some gift!

Edited 07/25/2011 9:30 AM to acknowledge I was wrong about believing the house was donated by Scott Smith because of all the Smith campaign signs in the yard. Embarassed Register of Deeds shows Kevin Smith quit claimed to John G Poupore on 05/23/2011.

Instrument: 201105230048630 Volume Page:
Recorded: 5/23/2011 3:34:53 PM Prepared: 05/23/11 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: QUIT CLAIM DEEDS Interest: Consideration:
Grantor: SMITH, KEVIN
Grantee: POUPORE, JOHN G
Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: WESTLAWN SUBDIVISION, Lt: 131, PrpId: 4023212024, St: 2608 MILLER RD, , , City Code: 54
Marginal:

Instrument: 201012010080333 Volume Page:
Recorded: 12/1/2010 12:51:06 PM Prepared: 11/24/10 Mailed: 02/17/2011 Pages: 1
Document Type: QUIT CLAIM DEED-TREASURERS Interest: Consideration: 2000
Grantor: COUNTY OF GENESEE TREASURER
Grantee: SMITH, KEVIN EDWARD
Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: WESTLAWN SUBDIVISION, Lt: 131, PrpId: 4023212024, St: 2608 MILLER RD, , , City Code: 54
Marginal:

Last edited by 00SL2 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:17 pm 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

The house looks much better than it did, the trash is from construction and the new roof that was just completed, only time will tell if it will get nice and stay nice, I understand the house will belong to the guy with the bus, so we can hope it will be nice, but I say for now let him finish the construction.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:28 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
cleartheair schreef:
The house looks much better than it did, the trash is from construction and the new roof that was just completed, only time will tell if it will get nice and stay nice, I understand the house will belong to the guy with the bus, so we can hope it will be nice, but I say for now let him finish the construction.

Wonder how Scott Smith is going to explain/excuse this robocall. What do you bet he will claim it wasn't any of his people who was behind it but rather someone from ( Walling, Mays, Buchanan or other candidate's) camp who was "behind it" to discredit him?
What is even more shocking that the UAW endorsement still may hold some weight in that city. To me it's like some dying religion . Unions in the U.S. have been gutted . And the old ally of the unions, the Democratic party, helped to bring down the unions as much or more than any Republicans . If you have doubts about that think back on what Bill Clinton said about Right to Work Bills, think back on who appointed Mikey Cantor, the NAFTA negotiator . And who was it that signed NAFTA into law? BILL CLINTON ! Chew on that you union zombies when you go back into a polling booth next time.
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:59 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
cleartheair schreef:
Since when does construction trash get put into black trash bags and why don't the black trash bags get set to the road for pickup? Let who finish the construction, the new owner who has Parkinson's? I don't agree that it looks any better, it looks like the "blight" Smith seeks to fight, and with the excess Smith signs in the yard of someone he gave the house to it seems he would be a little more concerned about the immediate unslightly ppearance. My personal opinion is that Smith gave the man much more than he's able to handle or care for, financially and physically.
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:04 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

I see Smith signs all over town. Does he own all those houses?
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:10 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
liontamer schreef:
Who's to know how many he actually owns without having a middle initial or other info to do search. Could possibly do by searching tax billing address if you care enough to take the time.
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:40 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

Don't care enough....bigger fish to fry. Thanks.
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:38 pm 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
cleartheair schreef:
Since when does construction trash get put into black trash bags and why don't the black trash bags get set to the road for pickup? Let who finish the construction, the new owner who has Parkinson's? I don't agree that it looks any better, it looks like the "blight" Smith seeks to fight, and with the excess Smith signs in the yard of someone he gave the house to it seems he would be a little more concerned about the immediate unslightly ppearance. My personal opinion is that Smith gave the man much more than he's able to handle or care for, financially and physically.

Who are you to be so perfect? Many people put construction trash out every week, in fact the city will pick up cabinets and many other large pieces of construction trash. I am not sure how this matters to you, considering the vast corruption in Flint. And how do you know what is in the bags? could all be pizza boxes. As for your babble about blight, the house now has a new roof and the porch has been rebuilt, how is that blight? BTW if I were the cops I WOULD ticket the cars parked on the lawn during construction.

You said let who finish the work, OBVIOUSLY the construction workers working on the house, DUH!

Again who are you to say the guy does not deserve or should not be allowed to own a house, so you decide who can own and who has to rent? Besides rentals hands down look worse than owner occupied homes.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:35 am 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
liontamer schreef:
Who's to know how many he actually owns without having a middle initial or other info to do search. Could possibly do by searching tax billing address if you care enough to take the time.

Tax records show that Scott Smith, Kevin Smith, and all the other relatives put the houses into LLCs to protect their identities, a search of those companies will show combined they have around a hundred houses and counting in Flint. This house appears to have belonged to Kevin Smith of K Smith construction, a fired Flint cop.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: