FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Jail to be opened?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
insider
F L I N T O I D

Rumor has it that the City's Jail we be opening soon, or at least announced to be opening soon.
Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:05 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Interesting as previous cost projections were that it cost about $2 million per year to operate the jail. Where is the money coming from?
Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Go back and read the article in the Flint Urinal and the Channel 12 press conference and the one that Adam posted in face book. I believe even though no one came right out and said it that it is possibly the State Under Snyder paying for it to reopen. Or at least they are going to help. The Flint city jail could actually turn a profit for the city if they run it correctly. I know walling knows this but I don't know that he is actually going to do it. I'd like to thing he will. But I haven't discussed that with him to know for sure.
Post Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Even if the state opens the jail it will only be a temporary fix. When the money ends, the problem returns.

When the state began closing prisons and criminals were being given probation for offenses that warranted prison our crime rate began to rise. Far too many criminals caught committing crimes with weapons had their weapons charges go unprosecuted. A large number of these gun cases had the offender go on to become a muderer.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Exactly, Take Tyrone Ward. Weapons charge not prosecuted. House arrest/probation. Because Mommy was a Magistrate in Flint. If ya get picked up with a weapon and it's illegal You better have the Judge in your pocket.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mommy may have influence but her son is a gangster disciple

SID Number: 3104181W
Name: TYRONE BRANDON WARD
Racial Identification: Black
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 195 lbs.
Date of Birth: 12/23/1989 (21)
TYRONE BRANDON WARD Image Date:
MDOC STATUS
Current Status: Probationer Supervision Begin Date: 02/10/2011
Assigned Location: Genesee/Flint/Probation Supervision Discharge Date: 08/10/2012
Security Level:
ALIASES MARKS, SCARS & TATTOOS
None
Body Piercing- Left Ear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Body Piercing- Right Ear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tattoo- Chest - By any means necessary

Tattoo- Left Face - (Under left eye) LLL

Tattoo- Left Forearm - Life Love Loyalty
Tattoo- Left Forehead - Loyalty

Tattoo- Left Hand - (Top hand) handgrenade - ball & chain - Brass knuckles

Tattoo- Neck - Marijuana leaves across neck-TIL Da World Africa - Continent

Tattoo- Right Face - heart with wings
Tattoo- Right Forearm - Fear God

Tattoo- Right Hand - (Top hand) gun, sidda, sword-bullets switchblade, barbwire

Tattoo- Upper Left Arm - Microphone music notes

Tattoo- Upper Right Arm - Flintstone & Bam Bam

PRISON SENTENCES
ACTIVE
None
INACTIVE
None
PROBATION SENTENCES
ACTIVE
Sentence 1
Offense: Weapons - Carrying Concealed Minimum Sentence:
MCL#: 750.227 Maximum Sentence: 1 year 6 months
Court File#: 1027413-FH Date of Offense: 07/22/2010
County: Genesee Date of Sentence: 02/10/2011
Conviction Type: Jury
INACTIVE
None
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:56 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

No one knows it but the city jail has been open since the floods forced the District Courts to re-locate in the City Hall. The sheriff's Dept. has been running the jail for temporary housing when prisoners have a court appearance. The jail is in perfectly good shape. Don't know why it would take $2 million annually to run it. Sheriff can run it much cheaper, not sure if he wants to unless State comes up with cash.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The $2 million figure was bantered about when the impound lot was open so there may have been costs related to the impound lot.
The latest figure is $1.6 million.

The jail is also opened when there are warrant sweeps and stings financed by other sources such as Weed and Seed.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 am 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

Didn't know about the warrant sweeps use of the jail....but it reinforces the fact that it is a very usable facility....but much different than the County jail. the Flint jail is right out of Mayberry and Barney Fife. No frills...boring...lonely time. Good for a wake-up call to those who think incarceration is a piece of cake. I believe in the Scared Straight Program for teens who are on the verge of dioing something stupid.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: