FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Smith Village debacle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

While Young tells the State of Michigan that the above is his Board of Directors, through Guidestar.com his 2009 form 990 financial report to the IRS says his Board is:
Pres. Charles Young Jr, 5211 Linden, Flint Mi 48504 (20 hrs per week)
VP. Charles YoungIII, 12550 Stoneridge Lane #103, South Rockwell MI, 48179 (30 hours per week)
Sec. Rumia Ambrose-Burbank, 7328 Millrock Avenue, Troy (20 hrs per week)
Treas. Brian Freeman, 2179 Rose Hollow, Southfield Michigan, 48075

This nonprofit corporation was formed in 2005 as a Human Service Organization whose mission statement was to provide Parent Learning Tools for Community Awareness and Uplifting

Ambrose_Burbank was Youngs former partner in SDE Business Partnering who split to her own company. I seriously doubt she has 20 hrs per week to spend on a nonprofit far from her home and very successful business.

Brian Freeman is also the preparer of the financial documents per the corporation bylaws. He states he prepared it as the owner of Robertson Tax Services at the same address as the accounting firm for Complete Financial Services, 16250 Northland Dr, Ste 242, Southfield, MI.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Joanne Burks and Lela Johnson are employees of the OU Group and at one time they had received stock in the for profits.. That stock was recinded when they entered into contracts with the city and the county.

Nicole Brown was employed by Young as part of SDE Business Partnerinhg and now with OU Group.

However in his statements to both the city and the county Operation Unification showed no employees.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:36 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Operation Unification did make a motion (should have been a resolution) in their board meetings for their mission to include housing so they could obtain federal grant monies for houding.

However, Since the board that made the motion is not the same board that Young told the IRS was in place, is that motion valid. Operation Unification did show construction income for 2008.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:57 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The attorney the city contacted for the switch (Pat Parker)spoke to council and council asked some questions. However, no one asked if HUD had approved the reasons for and the actual change in contractors.
Why didn't anyone question the impact in the procurement system for federal funds?

Freeman asked if 25 buildable lots were available for building on and Eason said no. But he also said they were changing developers because no dirt had been dug for the construction. Since the city was in charge of obtaining the property from the land Bank and the land is not ready, whose responsibility was this? John Carpenter had 8 double lots ready when he left and the current lot size is smaller than the double lots. Problems have arisen for construction in the past when the city could not have the plats laid out in a timely fashion. Since streets and other features are being altered this could be a timeconsuming matter.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Does anyone else remember when Eason accused council of involving him in a investigation by the Office of Inspector General when they switched a contract after the procurement process had taken place?

This contract was bid and Metro Housing was approved.

This also brings about some other questions.

Can Metro afford to complain when they could be black balled by the city for future funding?

Who decided on Charles Young as a subcontractor and was that agreement made as a condition of the original grant? Is a kickback system in place, like a "Pay to Play".

Since the council is requiring developers like those building the Social Security and new State FIA building use at least 20% of local subcontractors, who selects these subcontractors and how are they selected?
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Searched for: S.E. METRO PROPERTIES, LLC

ID Num: E0478N

Name:S.E. METRO PROPERTIES, LLC

Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company
Resident Agent: BRET RUSSELL
Registered Office Address: 31114 BINGHAM RD BINGHAM FARMS MI 48025
Mailing/Office Address:

Formation/Qualification Date:2-21-2008

Jurisdiction of Origin:MICHIGAN

Managed by: Managers

Organized on 2/21/08 as Michigan Ukranium Capital International LLC
Assumed name of Tri-County Properties on 11/4/08
Amended name to SE Metro Properties on 12/29/08
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:03 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Charles Young - is this the world famous Chuckie????

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No . This Charles Young worked for EDS and had a failed computer business here before he went to detroit and started SDE-Business Partnering. He grew up in Beecher.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Darn. Our Chuckie could have made things interesting.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The OIG details Fraud Warning signs-one of which is a newly formed company. This company now has a $9.9 million contract in Smith Village. Eason originally wanted to give them $11 million. See AM Advantage story about this contract.
Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:42 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
No . This Charles Young worked for EDS and had a failed computer business here before he went to detroit and started SDE-Business Partnering. He grew up in Beecher.
SDE Business Partnering LLC is a foreign corporation (formed in Delaware). Copy of any service of process is also to be provided to a company in Missouri.

Searched for: SDE BUSINESS PARTNERING, LLC

ID Num: B9274A

Name:SDE BUSINESS PARTNERING, LLC
Type: Foreign Limited Liability Company

Resident Agent: CSC-LAWYERS INCORPORATING SERVICE (COMPANY)
Registered Office Address: 601 ABBOT ROAD EAST LANSING MI 48823

Mailing/Office Address:

Formation/Qualification Date:2-25-2002

Jurisdiction of Origin:DELAWARE

Managed by:

Status: ACTIVE, BUT NOT IN GOOD STANDING AS OF 2-15-2011 Date: Present
Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

SDE Business partnering LLC in their initial filings in Michigan showed World Wide technology, 127 Weldon Parkway, St Louis, MO as a member. davis Steward signed as CEO (314) 569-7000 until the 2005 report when Charles Young Jr. began to sign.

Also:
Searched for: SDE BUSINESS SERVICES, INC.

ID Num: 52820A

Entity Name: SDE BUSINESS SERVICES, INC.

Type of Entity: Domestic Profit Corporation
Resident Agent: CHARLES YOUNG

Registered Office Address: 734 NATALIA DAVISON MI 48501
Mailing Address: 400 RENAISSANCE CENTER # 1010 DETROIT MI 48226

Formed Under Act Number(s): 284-1972

Incorporation/Qualification Date: 8-8-2006

Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN

Number of Shares: 60,000

Year of Most Recent Annual Report: 07

Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors:

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

On Mayor Walling's radio show today, I am told that Eason announced many of the new homes to be built are going to be purchased by employees of Citizens bank and Hurley Hospital.. Eason and Tracy Atkinson are to have said that 12 were already pre approved.

I am told Eason said the Detroit Developer had 49 % of the corporation. Also allegedly 12 of the proposed homes have been pre approved. Security will be hired to protect the construction site.

Neal Straham is the registered agent of Smith Village Development Group out of Detroit,. However, Smith Village Construction Services LLC shows Bret Russell of detroit working out of OU Homes office on 2050 Warner.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Take a gander at these guidelines:

"The New Smith Village Neighborhood, A Mayor Walling 21st Century Sustainable Communities Project, The Right Neighborhood, The Right Home, The Right Price"

http://www.newsmithvillage.com/buyahome.html

They must be basing these guidelines on someone who doesn't have a car and walks to work at Citizens Bank or Hurley Medical Center.

Citizens Bank employees financing homes with employer as lender?
Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I heard my message wrong as Citizens is financing. Eason is projecting selling 50 homes to Hurley employees.
Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: