FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: East Side vs North Side: What's Worse?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
BornAndRaised80sDowntown
F L I N T O I D

I usually dare not venture off into the northend of Flint. For one, I'm a southside chick (meaning most of my friends and family are on the southside also). For two, the crime is out of control on the northend.

A lot of my friends live on the East side, and have so for a long time. What I've noticed is an overspill of northside thugs migrating to the East side. If you venture through the neighborhood near Angelo's, on the east side of Franklin, north of Davison, you will see exactly what I mean.

The prostitution problem on Mabel and Jane are far worse than what Dort Hwy has ever seen. I was visiting a friend on Bennett the other day and we counted 25+ gun shots heard within a one hour time span. Not once did we see a cop car.

WTF is going on???

Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I heard the Cobras have regrouped closer to Kearsley Park and I believe some north end Crips moved to the east side. They previously had the East Side Crips and the vernon Avenue Crips.

gang activity is definitely on the rise over there.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BornAndRaised80sDowntown schreef:
I usually dare not venture off into the northend of Flint. For one, I'm a southside chick (meaning most of my friends and family are on the southside also). For two, the crime is out of control on the northend.

A lot of my friends live on the East side, and have so for a long time. What I've noticed is an overspill of northside thugs migrating to the East side. If you venture through the neighborhood near Angelo's, on the east side of Franklin, north of Davison, you will see exactly what I mean.

The prostitution problem on Mabel and Jane are far worse than what Dort Hwy has ever seen. I was visiting a friend on Bennett the other day and we counted 25+ gun shots heard within a one hour time span. Not once did we see a cop car.

WTF is going on???

If a house, car, or person is not hit, the police will not respond. A neighbor was told this when a bullet hit the block club sign in her yard. Last week, several shots were fired into the back of a house on the street one block east of us. a car was sent to take a look 2 hours later. Don't fault the police, there just aren't enough of them. They had trouble yesterday covering 2 shootings in a short time span due to lack of manpower.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BornAndRaised80sDowntown
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I heard the Cobras have regrouped closer to Kearsley Park and I believe some north end Crips moved to the east side. They previously had the East Side Crips and the vernon Avenue Crips.

gang activity is definitely on the rise over there.

Yes, you are right!

The Cobras' activity slowed down quite a bit about 10 years ago, but during the last year or so, I've seen their network regain some momentum. The ESC and Cobras have been having some lightweight beef recently. I suspect the tension will grow this summer. We'll see.

Post Mon May 23, 2011 10:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hopefully they have learned to shoot straight and only kill off each other.

Post Tue May 24, 2011 7:03 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Hopefully they have learned to shoot straight and only kill off each other.

That's the problem; they throw lead in all directions & hope they'll hit their target.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I know they do friggin morons.

Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:39 am 
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

I live on the eastside closer to Center Road and have noticed tags from Center Road straight up Davison Road through the area down by Franklin and past to Louis. There are various writing but the main one is "hack", do any of you know what gang this would be affiliated with?

The craziest has spread further and a bunch of these morons are now over here living in and around American Mobile Trailer Park. There have been two shootouts over here in the past two weeks.

We are probably still safer than on the northend, but if I heard they have MSP officers patrolling over there.
Post Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

If there Are not enough police how can there be ten cop cars at the 7/11 within two minutes after a call to 911 abt a suspicious customer. I'm going to have to have the employee email me the video he took and get an interview.

BTW Anyone know the current criteria for a Flint officer to actually be allowed to drop a arrested criminal off at county jail? Shop lifting, stabbing, concealed weapon, attempted murder what point do they currently cut off Flint from being able to deposit criminals.?
Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
rgillmi schreef:
I live on the eastside closer to Center Road and have noticed tags from Center Road straight up Davison Road through the area down by Franklin and past to Louis. There are various writing but the main one is "hack", do any of you know what gang this would be affiliated with?

The craziest has spread further and a bunch of these morons are now over here living in and around American Mobile Trailer Park. There have been two shootouts over here in the past two weeks.

We are probably still safer than on the northend, but if I heard they have MSP officers patrolling over there.

There is at least one gang video out there that shows American Trailer park.

For arsons the eastside has all other parts of town beat. Gangster Disciples and others are moving into the eastside more than in the past. East Side has always been a drug distribution center and there will continue to be wars over drugs.
Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

On my way back from Meijers on Pierson i drove some north end neighborhoods and I was apalled at the neglect in some. It was eerie to drive by some very well kept and newly renovated homes and just a short distance away find whole blocks of abandoned and strippeed neighborhoods.
There is very little to some of these homes as they appear to be down to the bones of the structure. How sad it must be for the people who maintain and improve their homes to have to see these battered homes so close to them.
Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
rgillmi schreef:

The grafitti you are describing is probanbly "tagger" groups. Tags such as just names is very common during college breaks as many tagging groups are college students or younger, Art Wenzlaff of the International Institute once worked with a group of taggers and created beautiful murals down on the riverbank.
Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
quote:
rgillmi schreef:

The grafitti you are describing is probanbly "tagger" groups. Tags such as just names is very common during college breaks as many tagging groups are college students or younger, Art Wenzlaff of the International Institute once worked with a group of taggers and created beautiful murals down on the riverbank.

I think someone painting "murals " on the sides of buildings just encourages others ( far less talented individuals ) to follow the lead. I say don't let anyone to paint murals on the walls of buildings in the inner city of Flint just makes the place look more like a ghetto/barrio and who the hell wants that image? If you want artwork go buy it and put in your own walls. I sure don't want to look at the crap that passes as art on most of the murals I have seen in Flint. One I can't stand is the one someone painted on the old Citizen's bank building on Lewis Street . I will spring for the 50 gallons of paint to cover that monstrosity . I would rather look at "institutional grey" or " green" than that eyesore.
Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Except for the taggers the amount of grafitti out there is significantly less than years ago. Store owners keep painting it off. The aggressive anti-grafitti campaign by Williamson eased some of the problem and the nuisance task force, a volunteer group , has carried on the job. Areas that were once filled with grafitti are now clear.
Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:34 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Except for the taggers the amount of grafitti out there is significantly less than years ago. Store owners keep painting it off. The aggressive anti-grafitti campaign by Williamson eased some of the problem and the nuisance task force, a volunteer group , has carried on the job. Areas that were once filled with grafitti are now clear.

Sounds like Williamson did some good things then. Why the hell did people keep wanting to recall him then? Sure he spent time in prison but to my way of thinking, for a politician to serve in prison BEFORE being in office is just like being " proactive". He simply got it out of the way first before the public became aware of abuses of power he did WHILE in office. Now, if there are things that come to light that he did while in office he can get a pass on those convictions. And at today's cost of court expenses he saved the tax payers money. That's Don Williamson for you, always being considerate and fiscally responsible !
Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:24 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: