FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Had enough, want to change school board in Flint?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Tommorrow Saturday
10/7/06
Meeting in the office of Terry Bankert
1000 Beach St
Flint MI across from jail
topic
1. Is there a need to host an education program for parents and those interested in the Flint School system. To better understand its issues, budget and reform?
2.Is there a need to host a seminar on how to run for the Flint School board.

If yes
WHy?
WHo?
When?
Where?
What specific topics need to be explained
A couple people have been invited I do not expect that many. Also I'll post to this thread during the meeting .

Do you think superintendent Milton should be fired?
Do you think we need a new Flint Board of Education?

Terry Bankert
1-810-235-1970
attorneybankert@yahoo.com
Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Through the indirect artifice of an online meeting the Enough is Enough subcommittee of The Flint Citizen Internet Advocacy was formed on 10/7/06 at a meeting publicized on Flint Talk.
See:
http://www.flinttalk.com/about955.html
or
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flintcitizen/

The committee plans to find partners to conduct a workshop in January of 2007 on the important issues facing the Flint Board of Education.
Date NOT SET
Agenda
10-noon- Important Issues facing the Flint Board of Education
12:30 to 2:30 -How to Run for the Flint School Board.

If you or you group would like to partner this group please post here to Flint talk.

Terry Bankert
attorneybankert@yahoo.com
Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
get the money

If Anthony has to repay the money then Milton should.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:29 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
get the money schreef:

regarding Mr Anthony,

As Ernie Harwell used to say, he's "LOOOOOOOOOOONG GOOOOOOOOOOONE"

Did you see Channel 5's David Custer [ex-66 Fox News reporter] chasing Mr Anthony as his movers loaded up his stuff into a rental truck, and Anthony ducking into an SUV, protected by some flunkies [who verbally threatened Custer and the camerman] and roaring off into the night.

Clearly getting out of Dodge, late on a rainy night before Mr Slowpoke County DA David "HUH??" Leyton arrived with a warrant since Julius had not registered with the state's sex-offender registry?

They ain't geting money from someone they can't locate, nor have the will to look for.

Miltie and his supporters will whistle and pretend they are hard at work and nothing wrong here..... he's damaged in the eyes of the community, so Miltie will throw some bones to the more activist, noisy parents and groups, but its only to buy their silence and time, since they think they are on the inside and can now be part of the decision making process.

But I think its a long shot that he and the board are up to the challenge in the medium term. They can't even get supplies to the classroom after 3 months for pete's sake. Thats basic blocking and tackling that should be rote regardless of the strategy that special consultant Julius was supposedly so indispensible for. What a tragedy. What a cruel joke.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:17 am 
rapunzel

Is this the first time that supplies were late? hmmm...

Noisy parents rather than noisy union? Buy their time...

We could have been very vocal but sought change as business as usual OBVIOUSLY was not working.

Yes, I have sat on committees with input going to file 13.
Is it worth it to try again...only time and effort will tell?

If not this will be my last try...on a positive note.

I marched for K-16. I know my way to Lansing.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:04 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
get the money schreef:

regarding Mr Anthony,

As Ernie Harwell used to say, he's "LOOOOOOOOOOONG GOOOOOOOOOOONE"

Did you see Channel 5's David Custer [ex-66 Fox News reporter] chasing Mr Anthony as his movers loaded up his stuff into a rental truck, and Anthony ducking into an SUV, protected by some flunkies [who verbally threatened Custer and the camerman] and roaring off into the night..

LOL That was the best news report EVER! David Custer really went above and beyond to get that news story. He seems like a real young kick ass news anchor. I like when reporters get in these crooks faces!
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Former Flint Teach

I say Kathy ELLwood and Ryan Eashoo in 2007 for Flint School Board. Get some people on there that care.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:43 am 
Former Flint Teach

WAIT.. Hold the ballot presses, minus Herbert "Ghetto" Cleavesssz
and add Terry Bankert.

Terry Bankert is yet another good flint stone, very caring person
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:45 am 
Bryan

Unfortunately people lie. The school board did not investigate Anthony's background.

I think the school board, with the exception of Ms Perry, should reimburse the district for some of the money wasted on Anthony.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:47 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I would love to see Terry Bankert replace sellout/internet is not for me Cleaves.

When is the school board election date?
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:29 am 
Joe

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
I would love to see Terry Bankert replace sellout/internet is not for me Cleaves.

Adam, you thinking about running? You could team up with Eric Mayz
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:31 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Joe schreef:
quote:
Adam Ford schreef:

Adam, you thinking about running? You could team up with Eric Mayz

kind of a male, Flintstone "Salt & Peppa" team?

Adam, can you rap? I'm sure Eric can. If not start learning how to snap & pop....

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:13 pm 
AlGarcia

WOW..real meat on the bones issues being discussed. Almost makes me want to move back to Flint....OK, maybe not but this is TRUE debate that Flint needs to discuss open and honestly. Kudos to all. Even before Milton was hired, I was on "another site" talking about why it was a bad idea. Flint needed to hire dedicated people who know and care about Flints children. Not some resume lying, hire my sex offender best friend outsider from New York who really never understood the problems within the city of Flint. I bet Milton feels stuck and can't leave, hiding behind his 6 figure contract with the Board, laughing all the way to the bank. What a waste of taxpayers money. I didnt know the city of Flint had that type of money to waste. I would be OUTRAGED if my hard earned money was being wasted like that. My kids get a great education with some of the highest educated teaching staff in the country and have every educational tool they need and I know my local school district doesnt have that type of money to waste. Why arent more people up in arms? Is it that money has been wasted for so long that whats a few more hundred thousands of dollars?
The sad part of this whole thing is that once again....the children of Flint are the ones who suffer the most! What a sad pathetic state of affairs.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: