FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: HERE IT IS! OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE TRUMP TAKES CREDIT!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

President Obama's long-form birth certificate was released today, in an effort to put to rest rumors of the president's origins. (Credit: CBS/Mark Knoller )

In an effort to finally put to rest questions about where he was born, the White House on Wednesday released President Obama's long-form birth certificate.

Mr. Obama had in 2008 released on the Internet his "certificate of birth" -- a short-form birth certificate provided to all Hawaiians as proof of birth in state -- but that failed to quell rumors that the president was born outside of the U.S.

Those rumors were brought back into the forefront of discussion in recent weeks thanks to questions from Donald Trump, a potential 2012 Republican presidential contender, who has said he is unconvinced of the president's origins. A recent CBS News/ New York Times poll showed that one in four Americans incorrectly believe Mr. Obama was born outside of the United States.

The White House today said it took the effort to release Mr. Obama's long-form birth certificate so that the nation can move on from this "fake issue."

"At a time of great consequence for this country - when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue," White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer wrote on the White House blog. "The President's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country."

As the White House continued to receive requests for the president's birth certificate, Mr. Obama finally directed his legal counsel to ask the Hawaii State Department of Health to break their protocol and release his long-form birth certificate. According to the White House, the state granted the exception in part because of the tremendous volume of requests they had been getting.

The White House today also handed out to reporters in the press briefing room copies of Mr. Obama's birth certificate.

"The President believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn't good for the country," Pfeiffer wrote. "It may have been good politics and good TV, but it was bad for the American people and distracting from the many challenges we face as a country."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20057812-503544.html

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Every birth certificate I've seen has the state seal embossed in it to show it's a true copy. I don't see that in this one.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was holding my most recent copy of mu birth certificate and I could feel but could not easily see the embossed seal.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:50 am 
Germilax
F L I N T O I D

Well now I see postings that Obama is not eligible due to his father being a foreign nation and not a citizen at the time of his birth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJlHfTEvlCY&feature=youtu.be

~Germilax
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Obama only had to be born in the United States.

What you are posting Germilax is old news

You need to watch more national debates!

All this silliness only detracts from the main problems the country is facing. These birther politicians need to realize they cannot create a law that is harsher than the federal standards. They are so going nowhere.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:53 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

IF he is not eligible, for whatever reason, the facts will be so well hidden they'll never come to light. Time to move on to something important; like, is he doing a good enough job to warrant reelection?

Today, he flew to Chicago to tape the Oprah show, then flew to New York for 3 reelection fundraisers. Must not be anything important happening that would require his presence in DC.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes I wonder if Obama and Walling share tips with each other on how to talk out their asses.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Germilax
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Obama only had to be born in the United States.

What you are posting Germilax is old news

You need to watch more national debates!

All this silliness only detracts from the main problems the country is facing. These birther politicians need to realize they cannot create a law that is harsher than the federal standards. They are so going nowhere.

Just posting the info. I could care less at this point. He does nothing but coast through as President. Everything he does attempt to do looks like he is advised by a first grade class... I take that back... the first graders would do better.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I have to ask all the "afterbirthers' you know the ones who always claimed that barry was born here why he spent a million bucks trying to keep the certificate a secret.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:03 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I have to ask all the "afterbirthers' you know the ones who always claimed that barry was born here why he spent a million bucks trying to keep the certificate a secret.

And of course when they point out that the burden of proof is on your shoulders, you do something like, "Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 1 million dollars, durrrr."

I'm just guessing of course, but it seems fairly accurate based on the quality of both the available evidence and your general ability to reason accurately.

In case you did not quite understand what I'm saying, twotap, I am calling you an idiot. Of course I am still waiting for all those people who "claim" that you are not an idiot to answer why you spend so much time pretending to know what you are talking about when you are so obviously full of shit.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:34 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We have to meet face to face sometime so you can repeat that to me in person. Ill let you know the next time I come down to that shithole town you live in with mommy and daddy while you sponge off them. Maybe we can meet up you little afterbirther. Laughing LOL college cultural area I believe what a joke.

By the way whiz kid just why did Barry spend a million bucks on lawyer fees trying to keep his birth certificate from public view after the Clintons demanded it?

Now onto his college grades.Did he earn his lofty rank or did the racist hand of affirmative action elevate little Barry. What do you think punk? Laughing

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

When I first saw that President Obama's birth certificate had been released, I had two simultaneous thoughts:
1) is this really necessary?
2) was that so difficult?

It's just such a distraction. By not releasing it before, it made the "birthers" look extreme and nutty (which on most accounts, they are). And by grouping the "birthers" in with the Tea Party or Republican party as a whole, it discredits those groups of people. With Trump rehashing this issue, along with the growing number of discontent among people who voted for President Obama in 08, releasing it now created a few advantages. It satisfies the majority of casual questioners, creates a whole new group of nutty people who question its validity to blame on conservatives, AND creates a pointless new story to distract us from more important issues.

In tandem, the whole Trump running for President thing is annoying because the media continues to characterize him as a "possible favorite" of conservatives. I personally don't think he'll run, or that he has any intention of running for the Republican nomination. Instead, he's just taking away time to talk about serious, qualified candidates.

At least, that's what I believe. [/i]
Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I think the really goofy folks are the 'afterbirthers" who gave obama a pass after Hillary asked to see his proof of American birth and he spent a million bucks in lawyer fees avoiding it.

At least thats what I believe. Very Happy

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:39 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

True. I don't understand why they went to such extreme measures to fight its release, just to release it now. It's all so annoying.

But right now, I would rather talk about the Obama administration's failing and darn right scary policies rather than his place of birth.

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

It was a violation of Hawaii law to release the document. Obama had to ask them to release the long form.

There is absolutely no evidence that he spent anything to protect it. Another urban legend!
Post Sun May 01, 2011 5:14 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: