FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Number 21?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Per the scanner, man shot in the head at Shady Acres trailer park. No word on condition as yet.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Several of us heard it on the scanner, but I haven't seen a media report yet. Censorship so we don't really know how bad it is?
Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:12 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Also heard an officer talking to a sergeant about someone at Hurley that had been shot. The officer wanted to know if the sergeant would be sending out a detective. The sergeant said no, just get a statement & fill out the paperwork, no investigation needed.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

#14 is the lady shot at Hamilton and ML King. #15 is the man stabbed weeks ago who died in the hospital.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:45 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've been hearing that the lady shot at D&H was pregnant. If so, we're at 16.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 pm 
tmonahan01
F L I N T O I D

ABC12 reported that of the 15 homicides, 6 were female. Last year, with what 66 homicides only 7 were female. So let me just do some basic math. 15 homicides a quarter (summers are actually worse than winter but lets just ignore this to ere on the side of caution but always remember there is a direct correlation between murder rate and ice cream sales just not a causal relationship) Back to my math. 15 a quarter times 4 quarters is only 60 homicides. I say only as a function of the math, not as an "Oh, thats all" kind of reaction. I could not find homicide rates by quarter but bet Jan to March is the quietest. Could be wrong, but lots more gunfire in July than January. I am actually very concerned for all our safety this coming summer. Even the flagrant traffic violations are getting more prevalent and aggressive. When the light turns green, look both ways.

Oh wait. Never mind, I forgot we have a ceasefire.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:40 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The neighborhood around Welch and Dupont all the way to Dupont and Grace as well as Dupont and Paterson has residents terrified for their well being because of gang activity. Blocks around this area is being bombarded with gunfire, Residents are still being told to just get on the floor and wait the gunfire out.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:28 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Police identify victim in deadly shooting outside Flint store
Published: Monday, March 28, 2011, 3:40 PM Updated: Monday, March 28, 2011, 3:45 PM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — Police have identified the victim in a Sunday night fatal shooting.

Laverne Lee Hirnes, 35, died after being shot near King and Hamilton Avenue around 11:34 p.m., according to police.

Hirnes was found shot to death in the parking lot of D&H Market on King Avenue, police said.

Police did not release any suspect information.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-5245 or Sgt. Shawn Ellis at (810) 237-6919.

Comments Feed View: Oldest first | Newest first

misslisa1975 March 28, 2011 at 5:10PM
Follow

D & H market....we have a nickname for that store....death and homicide....that is not the first person who has been killed in the parking lot of that store and most likely not the last!

Inappropriate? Alert us.Reply Post new

FlintRobber March 28, 2011 at 8:23PM
Follow

Lol. Or drugs and hookers. On a serious note, these Flint hoods have really gone to hell.

Flintdivebarguy March 28, 2011 at 10:35PM
Follow

Have this parking lot under constant police surveillance! Why not have cameras at some of the most dangerous areas of the city? If this idea is taken under consideration, please don't announce that cameras will be placed said locations. I can see some moron writing the story giving criminals fair warning. The tapes can be an " anonymous " source. Just my two cents.

had-to-get-out March 28, 2011 at 11:09PM
Follow

I stayed in Flint 52 years until last Oct. I knew this would be the year they would be killing more women.I use to love to work in my yard,until last year a man try to rob me. That's when I had to get out of Flint. I work for GM for 30 yrs. not to be killed in this city so I just moved. I look at the news and think God for moving me out of here. So sad how a place I lived in is so BAD now. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU WHO IS STILL THERE. [ TRUST THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART] He will take care of you.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man dies two weeks after being chased and stabbed following home invasion
Published: Monday, March 28, 2011, 3:56 PM Updated: Monday, March 28, 2011, 4:31 PM
FLINT, Michigan — A man who was chased by three men and stabbed in the back on March 11 has died, police said.

Police have not called the death a homicide. An autopsy is to be performed on Tuesday.

The 53-year-old man was listed in critical condition the day of the stabbing after police found him wounded in the upper back on Damon Street near King and East Stewart Avenues at 1 p.m, according to police.

There were three suspects in the stabbing.

Police believe the three men chased and stabbed the man after catching him during a home invasion attempt on Edmund Street.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 422-5245 or Sgt. Shawn Ellis at 810-237-6919.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Death of man stabbed after alleged home invasion attempt ruled homicide
Published: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 9:55 PM Updated: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 10:41 PM

FLINT, Michigan — The Genesee County Medical Examiner's office has ruled the Monday death of man stabbed more than two weeks ago a homicide, according to police.

Police identified the man as James Underwood, 53.

Police believe Underwood was chased by three men and stabbed in the back on March 11.

He was listed in critical condition the day of the stabbing after police found him wounded in the upper back on Damon Street near King and East Stewart Avenues at 1 p.m, according to police. Underwood died on Monday.

There were three suspects in the stabbing.

Police believe the three men chased and stabbed Underwood after catching him during a home invasion attempt on Edmund Street.

No arrests have been made.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 422-5245 or Sgt. Shawn Ellis at 810-237-6919.
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Four more dead in less than 10 days!
Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I've been hearing that the lady shot at D&H was pregnant. If so, we're at 16.

Street talk is the person who murdered her murdered two others and she was a witness to one of the other two.
Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave It is now 20 !

Two men killed in Flint early Sunday morning
Published: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 3:41 PM
By Ryan Czachorski | Flint Journal The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan -- Two men were found dead on Dupont Street after being shot early Sunday morning, according to police reports.

One victim was identified as Kadeem Kadar Carter, a 20-year-old male. The other victim has yet to be identified, police said.

The Genesee County Sheriff's Department heard gunshots fired in the area of Clio Road and Dayton Street at about 4:15 a.m., and saw a vehicle speed away, police said. The vehicle was found stopped on Dupont Street near Hamilton Avenue, according to police reports.

Police found Carter and the other suspect in the car after it was stopped. No suspects have yet been identified, police said.

Flint resident Alvin Gayden lives in the area, and said he woke up around 4:30 a.m. to find the police cars in the street. Gayden said he had not heard any gunshots, and an officer told him that two people were dead in the car.

Despite the incident not taking place near his home, Gayden said it was troubling.

"It goes on so much, it doesn't make you feel very safe," Gayden said.

Anyone who has any information on the crime is being asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-5245 or Sgt. Shawn Ellis of the Flint Police Department at 810-237-6919.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:58 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Possibly 21. On the scanner right now, Fleming & Pierson for a hooting, one down on the ground.

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Candace Burns
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team
FLINT (WJRT) -- 04/10/11) -- An early morning shooting in Flint left two people dead Sunday.

The shootings happened at around 4:30 on the 2000 block of Dupont Street near Josephine.

Police are still investigating, but neighbors are shocked.

"It's sad to see," said neighbor Diane Love. "We are in the beginning of the year and it hasn't even gotten warm yet and crime has started like this."

It is just a little more than four months into the new year and already Flint's Homicide rate stands at 20. This time last year Flint had only six homicides.

There are few details about the city's most recent span of violence, but two people are confirmed dead after apparently being shot to death while sitting in a car on the north side of Flint.

"I don't understand why people are just taking peoples' lives like it doesn't mean anything to anybody. It's really sad," Love said.

Last week there were four shootings in a 15-hour span. Two of those shootings were deadly.

Early Thursday morning 23-year-old Clifton Burns was shot and killed in the 700 block of Copeman. He was sitting in his car near his home when two gunman approached him and opened fire.

Later Thursday morning, 33-year old Louis Stevenson was left in critical condition after police said he and another man shot at each other on Berkley near Chevrolet.

At last check there have been no arrests for either of those shootings.

Thursday afternoon, 25-year old Davarius Griffin was shot and killed outside an abandoned building at the Atherton East Apartment Complex.

Another man was shot in the foot during that incident and is said to be in good condition.

The suspect believed to be responsible for Griffin's death, 23-year-old Diondric Merriweather, was arraigned Saturday and faces six counts including murder and armed robbery.

Meanwhile, many in the Flint Community are left wondering what to do to stop the violence.

"I don't know what we can do or what the city can do to stop the violence that's going on," Love said.

Mayor Dayne Walling said the city is working hard to stop the violence, but he urges the community to get involved and talk with police officers to help get the criminals off the streets.
Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: