FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Smith Village Redevelopment plan By j.carpenter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

just got confirmation on two issues:

1- The subcontractors from Smith Village Construction (Charles Young Jr.) have not been paid,

2- Smith Village Construction is suing the City in Judge Fullertons Court.

The sub contractors liens on these houses must be paid.

The lawsuit will slow down any attempts to clear titles on the 5 houses already partially completed.

The shenanigans of Walling and Eason in the selection of contractors, including the violations of law and HUD rules, will cost the taxpayers millions.

The first lawsuit involving the development of Smith Village has not been resolved and is showing activity after being missing-in-action for 8 months.
Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

HEY MIKE - WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOUR LACK OF TRAINING ,METHODOLOGY OR EXPERIENCE IS GOING TO MAKE THIS PROJECT SUCCESSFUL? WALLING AND HIS TEAM OF EXPERTS HAS IT SO SCREWED UP IT WILL TAKE A MIRACLE TO SAVE IT NOW.I KNOW,LETS TURN IT OVER TO THE LAND BANK. YOU KNOW THE KILDEE TEAM THAT CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN HOUSES. MAYBE YOU CAN REFER BACK TO MY SUGGESTIONS MADE BACK ON MARCH 7, 2011? REMEMBER THAT DATE? BEFORE A BASEMENT WAS DUG?
. TELL YOU WHAT, I WILL HELP THE CITIZENS OF THE VILLAGE FOR ONE DOLLAR. THE ONLY CONDITION IS THAT YOU AND YOUR PANEL OF EXPERTS STAY OUT OF MY WAY AND I WILL DEAL WITH HUD. I HAVE DEALT WITH THEM IN THE PAST AND FOUND THEM TO BE HELPFUL AND REASONABLE PEOPLE. TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AT MOTT AND UPTOWN AND LET ME KNOW. REMEMBER ONLY ONE DOLLAR.
Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

As long as the right pockets are getting filled, nobody at city hall or other downtown locations cares. It's the taxpayers that take the hit for corruption, not the ones involved in it.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Have the Construction Liens been resolved ?

Kurtz: Construction set to resume in Flint's Smith Village

By Kristin Longley | klongley1@mlive.com
on September 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM, updated September 26, 2012 at 9:31 PM

FLINT, MI -- The city of Flint says work is resuming in the Smith Village housing development after delays that kept some would-be residents from moving into their homes.

Emergency financial manager Ed Kurtz said the new developer hired by the city has received the deeds to the 25 houses that are currently at the site, and can begin getting the homes ready for occupancy.

The new developer, Ginosko Development Co., was recommended by the Michigan State Housing Development Authority, Kurtz said.

"We spent yesterday walking through the first 11 houses we have purchase agreements on," Kurtz said this afternoon at a news conference. "We made a detailed list of everything that needs to be done to get occupancy permits."

Potential Smith Village residents have recently raised concerns that their houses still are not finished. Some have been waiting to move in for nearly a year.

Kurtz said the city signed a settlement agreement with the previous developer, Smith Village Construction Services, who was let go in May and later filed a lawsuit against the city.

Kurtz said he didn't have the details of the settlement immediately available at the news conference, but said it amounted to about a $600,000 payment to the previous developer in exchange for the deeds to the houses already built .

The attorney for the previous developer could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday.

Kurtz said the city is hoping to have 39 houses built before the end of February. All told, the city must complete a total of 83 homes, with at least half for low-income residents.

Eleven buyers have signed purchase agreements for Smith Village homes, he said.

The project is being funded mostly by federal Neighborhood Stabilization Program funds, officials said. About $900,000 from the city's water and sewer fund went toward infrastructure at the site, Kurtz said.

The project started in 1998 with funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Development, but has stalled throughout the years. The city must complete the project or risk a $1.1 million penalty from HUD, according to a letter sent in September 011.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John Carpenter will be on the radio tomorrow at 10 am. talking about Smith Village.

The station is 600 am the Mike kilbreath Show

The time is 10:00 am

The call in number is toll free 1-866-992-2275
Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:26 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE MORE THAN ONE VILLAGE WITH A IDOIT MISSING? I JUST DROVE THRU SMITH VILLAGE AND UNLESS YOU DRIVE THRU YOURSELF YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAS TAKEN PLACE RECENTLY. HOMES ARE STILL BEING BUILT WITHOUT STREETS, WITHOUT SIDEWALKS,WITHOUT UNDER GROUND LIGHTING AND WITHOUT BUYERS . THEY ARE STILL BEING SHIPPED FROM INDIANA BECAUSE WE NEED TO GET THEM READY QUICK FOR ALL THE BUYERS? WAIT A MINUTE MAYBE WE NEED THEM FOR THE VANDALS? I ALSO NOTICED WALLINGS PICTURE IS MISSING FROM THE SIGNS, CANT SAY THAT I BLAME HIM,I WOULDNT WANT MY PICTURE ON THIS PROJECT. PS: IF YOU DECIDE TO SEE THIS MESS FOR YOURSELF, BE SURE TO DRIVE YOUR 4X4 OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE HALF OF THE PROJECT.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I drive by on King every Sunday morning on the way to church. It's really a mess.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

With the recent violence across Saginaw Street from Smith Village I wonder why anyone would want to live here. The victims even crossed into University Park.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:32 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: