FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Smith Village Redevelopment plan By j.carpenter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

OOPS The four homes that seem to have vanished were GCARD homes and not nipp homes.

The mess continues with homes being set at the wrong grade, streets being paved that will need to be repaved,and under ground electric being run overhead. Wait until the low income buyers get this bill. Wait a minute, the developer is responsible for the conversion? No wait, the city is being stuck with the infrastucture cost remember? Bend over tax payer, you havent seen the end of this mess.
Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

Hey Mike- Have you had a chance to look into this development yet? Let me help you remember. Your buddy Walling had his buddy Eason pull the RFP for a consultant and" handle the project in house". He forgot to mention who the person was that would be responsible for supervision. Looks to me that half the homes required for finish and occupied by december 31 may not be on schedule? Maybe HUD means 2012? Why not call the press and bring us tax payers up to date?
Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John- the concept you are describing that was part of your vision is what is being called the new Urbanism. It is being used all over the nation to create a pedestrian friendly, walkable community. You were ahead of the times in Flint.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:48 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

Hey Dayne,have you checked out your smith village sub lately? Be sure to put your car in four wheel drive. By the way where are the people that were going to move in by the end of december ? Oh thats right it was moved to the end of January right? Darn,maybe the end of February or the end of March? I dont think so. You could ask your new best buddy Mike to cancel this contract and go back to page one of this posting and follow the steps that i told you to follow before you got us in this mess in the first place?

Oh what the heck its only $30 million wasted of our hard earned tax dollars.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:18 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

i too drove through Smith village. I maust have missed the completed homes. I did see almost unpassable streets, muddy unfinished driveways and missing windows. Almost every house had some working on them and laGuardia Security just sat on Williams and Chippewa.

young must have been drinking the Kool Aid when he declared victory at the recent press conference.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Interesting to hear a scanner call last night for squatters in unfinished houses in the Smith Village area.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That is funny as a friend of mine was somewhat sleepy and thought they said waters instead of squatters. The La guardia vehicle usually sits in one place, so I don't know how efffective they can be. That might explain why several houses had single trucks in front of them. Checking them out maybe?

Young declared victory, but these homes don't appear anyway near ready to move in. You need a 4 wheel drive to even approach some as there are no driveways.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:10 am 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

CITIZEN UPDATE-One or more people reporting promises of move in by the end of december, one Gave a $1000 deposit and promised home by dec. 15th. There apt. lease ran out dec. 31 and she moved in with her parents and he moved in with his parents.Clarence Youngs (the developer) wife the real estate person will not return calls.Said they dont have money for attorney. Also back door kicked in and sink and copper missing.Some buyers promised this area will be safest in Flint with two police officers assigned to security.Wouldnt that leave just one for the rest of us? I also heard that an attorney with several city lawsuits was considering a class action lawsuit.
Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:01 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Alarm went off at New Zion Baptist in the 1600 block of Chippewa This is in Smith Village close to Mary Street.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat May 19, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

JOHN YOU WARNED THE CITIZENS OF FLINT!
Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:22 am 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

CITIZEN UPDATE-FIRST,I WROTE THE STEPS TO BE TAKEN IN DEVELOPING THIS PROJECT IN MARCH OF 2011.THIS WAS MONTHS BEFORE ALL THIS FIRE,READY,AIM CRAP THAT WALLING STARTED.

CORRECTIONS-DEVELOPER IS CHARLES YOUNG NOT CLARENCE
DEPOSIT REPORTED AS $1000 WAS $500
DEPOSIT WAS TAKEN BY MARY TAYLOR REALTOR AND
EXCUSE FOR NOT RETURNING DEPOSIT WAS "YOU
ALREADY PICKED YOUR CARPET AND BRICK" IM NOT
SURE WHAT THIS HAD TO DO WITH THE HOUSE NOT
BEING READY AND THE DATE BEING FORGED BY THE
REALTOR.

WILLIAMS STREET HOMES-WHEN I STARTED THIS PROJECT,WILLIAMS ST WAS TO BE USED AS A PRIMARY ACCESS STREET TO SMITH VILLAGE AND NOT TO HAVE HOMES FACE A NARROW 40 FT. STREET. ANY DESIGNER OF SUBDIVISIONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE THIS LOGIC. THAT IS UNLESS YOUR FIRM IS SELECTED BASED ON BEING FRIENDS OF WALLING AND NOT THE BEST FIRM IN THE FIRST PLACE. IM SURE HE TOOK BIDS AND PROPOSALS FROM OTHER FIRMS? I PROBABLY JUST MISS POSTINGS?

OH WELL, ITS JUST WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU ELECT SOMEONE WHO LACKS TRAINING,METHODLGY AND EXPERIANCE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

HEY MIKE,YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF THIS MESS? CALL ME AND I"LL SHOW YOU AS LONG AS YOU KEEP WALLING AWAY.
Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:02 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John-Since another devlopment had been planned until it was axed by Carolyn Sims and Ernestine Cooper of the Smith Village Citizens District Council, what happened to the original plans and the plans developed by Wade Trim. Were changes made that required more engineering? Will the Williams Street infrastructure be torn up to provide water and sewer for the homes that were not planned to be built there?

I see the masonry work has not been completed although the bricks are on site. Does this mean the contractors have not been paid? After all the brick masons would not have been hindered by any weight restrictions because the materials are already there.

I see Caolyn Sims had a sheriff sale on her home and they held an estate sale.

The first phase of this development under Stanley was for the homes behind the old kennedy center. Stanley at least knew to put the infrastructure in first and much of the water and sewer on at least one street should have been completed. Has someone lost the blueprints?
Post Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When the project was trying to recruit from individuals living in Flint Housing, a handicapped individual was approached about buying a home here. They tried their best to convince her that she qualified. However, she was very aware of her financial situation and she refused. Had she bought into the project with the increased taxes she would have not been able t pay for the house.

Renters in the Zimmerman Center area are said to be moving out in large numbers. They reportedly say they can find safer rentals at a lower cost in other communities.
Post Sun May 20, 2012 10:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John-I just drove Smith Village. There may be some excavation work. Brown allocated funding for infrastructure.

Avenue A and Chippewa Streets are basically gone with ruts down to the base. Black drain tubing runs everywhere, so obviously no connections to the storm sewers. several of the homes still have the white insulatio from Michigan lumber and no siding or brick.

The infrastructure was probably the last thing on Eason's and Walling's minds as the word on the street is they wanted people to see houses going up before the election.

Sadly I hear Eason may be considered for the top job in Flint Housing.
Post Sun May 20, 2012 2:02 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

WEBS-I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE BROWN GOT THE MONEY TO START THIS PROJECT UP AGAIN? BROWN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE. WALLING IS 100%RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TAXPAYER JOKE. BROWN PROBABLY TOOK MONEY FROM SOME OTHER WORTHY PROJECT?

IF FLINT HOUSING WAS DUMB ENOUPH TO HIRE ROD SLAUGHER THEY ARE DUMB ENOUPH TO HIRE EASON.

JUST WAIT UNTIL THE LIMITED SECURITY LEAVES,THE THEIFT WILL BE OUT OF CONTROL.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 4:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: