FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: jackie Poplar served with lawsuit

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

John Carpenter has sued the City of Flint and Jackie Poplar for some indiscriminate comments she made when Kay Muhammed was made the head of Transportation.

As Council President, Jackie reads the rule about speakers not making slanderous remarks about people or institutions. But that never stops her acid remarks about people she doesn't like.

The case number is 11-095207-CZ Yuille. Pat Clawson served her tonight.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:39 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

John Carpenter vs. City of Flint, Jackie Poplar, and Dayne Walling. Filed 01/10/2011, with Jury Demand. Plaintiff's attorney is F. Anthony Lubkin, sound familiar?

Mr. Carpenter should know there's no money to be had.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Remember the Craig Hatch lawsuit for slander. There must be malice or the council has immunity.

I know John Carpenter well and this is not about money. It is about Poplar and Muhammed attempting to discredit him and slander him. He is an honest man and that is why he and Brown did not get along.
Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well, I always thought John was a smart guy but she did say he has bazooka stock or something right?

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
John Carpenter has sued the City of Flint and Jackie Poplar for some indiscriminate comments she made when Kay Muhammed was made the head of Transportation.

As Council President, Jackie reads the rule about speakers not making slanderous remarks about people or institutions. But that never stops her acid remarks about people she doesn't like.

The case number is 11-095207-CZ Yuille. Pat Clawson served her tonight.

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ryan- i am told that Kay Muhammad is related to both Jackie and Donna Poplar by marriage. That may explain the remarks made by Jackie against John Carpenter.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:41 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Carpenter turned down a structured settlement offer from the City on behalf of Poplar and Walling.

On July 25th, 2013 the US Court of Appeals 6th Circuit reversed the lower courts decision to dismiss the case and remanded it back for further proceedings.
Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:17 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: