FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Williamson's Police Department restructure plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I like Ted's version better. I'm not a fan of the jounral's political correctedness. We should keep two or 3 police dogs. Their cost is minimal if not zero. Their food and veterinary bills are donated. The dogs can potentially save an officers life. Solve crimes, find missing children etc. The delay in going to the county to get a dog could potential cost a life or help a prisoner escape.
Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 pm 
stunned not!

Give it some time you will find out why narcotics was removed and don is at the head of it. He will be busted eventually.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:58 am 
David

quote:
stunned not! schreef:
Give it some time you will find out why narcotics was removed and don is at the head of it. He will be busted eventually.

How do you know this is true? What other information to do you have to back this allegation up?
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:02 pm 
a g hedberg

That's a bunch of crap. In my opinion if it would to say happen drugs getting taken out of the police dept. I bet the mayor would not know of it.

If there is proof of this present it . Or get real your like a old busy body no one here will buy that. I'm sure your posts are appreciated. However the fact is people who use this site are mostly involved in some way in the community, counsel meetings, news watchers, makers and real voters etc. So to say that back it up or bring the beef. Or you will be overlooked in a hurry. Even guests have a URLs that can be looked at. happy holidays to ya
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:55 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Multiple shootings in FlintEarly morning violence lands three in hospital
Shannon Johnson
FLINT (WJRT) - (12/23/06)--Three men were in critical condition Saturday night after three separate shootings in Flint.

The location of the first shooting is unknown, but Flint Police were called to a local hospital where they found a wounded 30-year-old Koeland Beasley.

The second shooting happened at the "Wild Things" Club just before two Saturday morning. That's in the 1200 block of Glennwood.

The victim of that shooting was Dionte Wilson. He is believed to be in his early twenties.

Yet another shooting happened on Fifth Street between Begole and Patrick - that's near Hurley Medical Center.

Police found Darius Lynch shot at that location.

It's not known at this time if the shootings are related.

Wow, all this restructuring sure seems to be working out well....
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
stunned not! schreef:

LOL I've heard that from very reputable people! I still find it hard to believe. It all goes back to the Dealing with Doyle's and Don's semi partnership. Sounds believable. However, I don't have any proof/documentation. Maybe someone should pull up his old case file from the court house! I'm not ready to step that far out on a limb at this time. Wihtout some cold hard facts.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Multiple shootings in Flint Early morning violence lands three in hospital
Shannon Johnson
FLINT (WJRT) - (12/23/06)--Three men were in critical condition Saturday night after three separate shootings in Flint.

The location of the first shooting is unknown, but Flint Police were called to a local hospital where they found a wounded 30-year-old Koeland Beasley.

The second shooting happened at the "Wild Things" Club just before two Saturday morning. That's in the 1200 block of Glennwood.

The victim of that shooting was Dionte Wilson. He is believed to be in his early twenties.

Yet another shooting happened on Fifth Street between Begole and Patrick - that's near Hurley Medical Center.

Police found Darius Lynch shot at that location.

It's not known at this time if the shootings are related.

Wow, all this restructuring sure seems to be working out well....

This is just a last ditch effort to get Flint to the NUMBER ONE position before the Year ends!

I couldn't agree more. This restructuring is working out beautifully isn't it!

Hey, I was doing some more research and it seems that Flint Police are arresting the same criminals for break ins and car theft but letting them go to commit the same crimes the same night. Getting picked up by the same officers almost immediately. Hmmm And people think having more officers on the streets will fix that problem. Seems only logical that if we open the jail that this would get these criminals off the streets! That wouldn’t work in the Mayor’s Master Plan.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Get a police Chief that knows what he is doing, had a plan and has been on the beat before. I recommend retired Flint police officer Gary Hartley to be the next Police Chief. Just go talk with the guy, you will know what I mean.

That would help turn around the police department.

Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Personally, I would prefer someone with a proven track record. Someone who already knows how to use less officers and get more results!

Although I wouldn't deny that just by having some leadership in the Flint Police Department, Should have some positive results.

However, I believe even if we still had Cheif Barksdale it would be tuff under the current conditions of haivng to redirect officers off 911 calls for the Mayor's whims. Or not having a place to put the criminals once they've been arrestted.

If the Don would just open the jail. The police department would be able to do it's job effectively. But, that wouldn't leave that option open for him to do it just before election time. Just as his predessor has done in the past. Hmmm anyone else watching what this clown is doing??
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:42 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: