FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: And, the new City Council president is - - -

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

FLINT, Michigan — City Councilwoman Jackie Poplar was elected council president Monday night, replacing 1st Ward Councilman Delrico Loyd.

The nine-member city council elects its president every November for a one-year term.

Poplar, who represents the 2nd Ward, was elected on a 5-4 vote, with the other four voting for 5th Ward Councilman Bernard Lawler.

Council Vice President Dale Weighill, of the 7th Ward, was elected on a 5-4 vote to a second term as the council's second in command, with the others voting for Lawler.

Voting in the majority were Loyd, Poplar, 4th Ward Councilman Joshua Freeman, Weighill and 9th Ward Councilman Scott Kincaid.

Voting for Lawler were 3rd Ward Councilman Bryant Nolden, Lawler, 6th Ward Councilman Sheldon Neeley and 8th Ward Councilman Michael Sarginson.

Poplar, the only woman on the council, said she was honored to be named president.

"I always have and I always will continue to work for the people," she said. "There's nothing changed. I'm still a servant for the city of Flint, Michigan."

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

MY GOD Flint is doomed. Shocked

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
twotap schreef:
MY GOD Flint is doomed. Shocked

AMEN. She is not intelligent enough to deal with Walling. Allegedly Lawler had 5 votes committed but someone reneged on their promise. I am told it was Poplar. The administration orchestrted this and they have made promises to Poplar, which she has bragged about at council. It is tiresome having all of these back room deals. Nolden and Lawler did not support the awarding of money to the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce. Could this be their punishment. Poplar did not even want to give Nolden any committee appointments.
Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:54 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Any idea where at city hall they park that little car that all the clowns climb out of?

Living in Flint has it's advantages. You don't have to run away to join the circus, you're already there.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Oh god! Not that stupid woman! She is a half-wit,, wait ,she makes half-wits look intelligent. She is lame, she is totally unfit to be a caregiver for Sea Monkeys ( brine shrimp, a clarification for Jackie Poplar fans) .Wonder how many arms she is going to get away with twisting, how much money she can squeeze out of people. You people in Flint wonder why that town doesn't get any better? It's because you let people like her run things. In most successful and thriving towns people like Ms. Poplar would not be allowed to even voice her opinions in public. She is a liability for that city. She should have a guardian over her.
Do you get the idea I don't like her? If so you aren't one of her fans.

Bet Ted will come out of the woodwork to defend her, he has before .
Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Voting in the majority were Loyd, Poplar, 4th Ward Councilman Joshua Freeman, Weighill and 9th Ward Councilman Scott Kincaid.
These are the strongest voices on the city council. If Poplar hasn't taken leads from them for this position, she will definitely have to learn fast. No more arguing and derogatory remarks to speakers at the public podium at council meetings. Rather than saying we're doomed I'd rather believe she'll be lead by strong minds and voices behind the scenes while we watch and wait. If it doesn't happen we must be assertive voices to our council representatives to make it happen.
Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:

quote:
These are the strongest voices on the city council. If Poplar hasn't taken leads from them for this position, she will definitely have to learn fast. No more arguing and derogatory remarks to speakers at the public podium at council meetings. Rather than saying we're doomed I'd rather believe she'll be lead by strong minds and voices behind the scenes while we watch and wait. If it doesn't happen we must be assertive voices to our council representatives to make it happen.

No,, I think DOOMED is far more accurate. It's like being on a ship that hits heavy waves and running to the bridge to find Daffy Duck ( in Poplar's case , Daffy with a chip on his shoulder) at the helm. Abandon ship mates!
Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm 
ANTI-LEYTON
F L I N T O I D

THE FRICKEN HAT LADY IS PRESIDENT, LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FLINT SUCKS

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: