FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Don is the man!! I just seen him on TV 12 !LOL
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John W.

Chief Barksdale was a crook! Crime was down nation wide when he was chief.
The ecconomy is getting worse and crime is picking up..

Bring Back President Bill Clinton I say!
Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:02 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, that's great. Why am I only hearing about him now! and only online? Where is his support at council meetings?
Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I'll try and mention Hartley when I speak next time. I was real impressed with officer Mark Williams that has done some training work and is very experienced and is an awesome speaker. He sounded better than Jesse Jackson. We do have a position for deputy chief. Why not Chief hartley and deputy chief Williams? I think that combo would put officer morale from the "bottom of the ocean"(Keith Spears) through the roof. lol
Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:48 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Are you on Crack? While crime may have been down Nationwide. It's been on a downward trend in Flint Directly effectted by and consistant with Chief Barksdales Leadership. Are you saying the economy in 2003 was better than the economy of 2006? Really? As if economics has anything whatsoever to do with Crime. Not one legtamate study ever shows this conclusively?
Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
John W.

A Better Ecconomy means less crime.
Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:16 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

According to Dick DeVos the crime rated in Michigan when up over 13 percent in the last four years.

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Phil

So I don't get it, if all these people would support Gary Hartley to be the new CHIEF, why isn't anyone else talking about it?

Terry Bankert, The Manley Brothers, The Afro American Police League, etc.

They all support him, so why is there nothing in the Journal about it or the uncommon sense? I got his number from here and call Mr. Gary Hartley, he is an awesome guy. You all should call and talk to him. Very Very Knowledgable! Very Qualified, he has lots of good ideas!!!
Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:13 pm 
Phil

As I sit here at this library, others asked me what I was typing about, when I told them 2 of the 3 knew Gary Hartly. I say lets get this man in the position and get FLINT turned around.
Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:14 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I supported Hartly for chief and Williams for deputy in my speech. No one else named any names.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:06 am 
John W.

Why isn;t the press reporting this? I talked to Gary Hartley today, he is ready for the challenge.. Please call him with any questions or help (810)-845-5114
Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:29 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
John W. schreef:
Why isn;t the press reporting this? I talked to Gary Hartley today, he is ready for the challenge.. Please call him with any questions or help (810)-845-5114

why isn't the press reporting WHAT???

the fact there are people out there who may be qualified to be police chief and may be interested in the job?

So what...thats true of any job.

Unfortunately, you, me, this site the city council do not appoint the chief of police for Flint.

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:06 pm 
Josh Freeman

why isn't the press reporting WHAT???

the fact there are people out there who may be qualified to be police chief and may be interested in the job?

So what...thats true of any job.

Unfortunately, you, me, this site the city council do not appoint the chief of police for Flint.[/
quote]

I think that the Biggiemeister may be on to something... it isn't the presses job to be outraged by the fact that there are more qualified folks out there than Hagler.... that would be up to the residents of Flint...

We have seen movement by Don's Robots on the Council when pressure is put on them.... That same pressure needs to be put on Don to make him aware that we care about more than just getting our street paved...
Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:45 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
John W. schreef:
A Better Ecconomy means less crime.

Really? Try proving it! I have found a lot more examples where when crime was lowered drastically, that the economy then grew. But few, that the economy grew and crime actually went down.
Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:18 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: