FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 2010 Winter Tax adds 6.71 mills for Genesee Towers judgment

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Just received 2010 Winter tax bill with 6.71 mills added for Genesee Towers Judgment "in compliance with the circuit court judgment." I'd like to see the language in the judgment that states this is the way the judgment must be satisfied. Anyone have a PDF of the judgment they can post?

This is on the back of the statement:

****A special tax levy has been placed on the 2010 winter bill in compliance with the circuit court judgment #04-80506-PZ, concerning the Genesee Towers office building. This levy is only for the 2010 winter tax bill and will not appear on any future tax billings.****
Post Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The federal court has a link to pacer and you will be able to print the judgement out. It is cheaper than Circuit Court. You will need only your identification and exact change. You can't have a cell phone with you.
Post Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:56 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

PACER is for federal court. The tax statement shows it is a circuit court judgment so it cannot be obtained through PACER.
Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If it was Circuit Ciurt then the case is in the County Clerks office . I don't know why I thought it went to Federal Court.
Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:56 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I do not think this is legal and wish someone would file suit.
I bet the city collects more money than what they are suppose to
buy the towers for.

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Just received 2010 Winter tax bill with 6.71 mills added for Genesee Towers Judgment "in compliance with the circuit court judgment." I'd like to see the language in the judgment that states this is the way the judgment must be satisfied. Anyone have a PDF of the judgment they can post?

This is on the back of the statement:

****A special tax levy has been placed on the 2010 winter bill in compliance with the circuit court judgment #04-80506-PZ, concerning the Genesee Towers office building. This levy is only for the 2010 winter tax bill and will not appear on any future tax billings.****

Post Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: