FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Eliminate nonessential jobs at city hall

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

DCED is a hot bed of contention. Four employees have filed Civil Service complaints and the city is constantly postponing their hearing. The problem is the reorganization, which threw experienced employees to the curb in favor of political appointees and friends. The high seniority employees had to be tested and HUD participated in the creation of the testing process. These new employees have no experience and have not been tested.

The council committee meetings were rife with discussion of the deficit in this department. Kincaid noted DCED could lay off 4 people right now and end up with a surplus. Freeman noted the Business manager position was $60 k plus benefits but Eason claimed he was paid completely with grant funds.

Eason seemed o be confused by the funding issues. He alleged general fund dollars funded all Brownfield, environmentals, Renaissance Zone credits, Brownfields,EDC, FAEC and Oak Business Center. The city should be charging back to the organizations like EDC, FAEC, and Oak Business Center so the city is not bearing the cost.

Brian Hester is in a position that most consider nonessential. According to my sources, the city already has spent $25k of general fund dollars on this position. Word is floating around that a greater position is being created for him. Allegations are that his position was not posted.

Kevin Miller was doing food demonstrations before he was hired into DCED and he openly admitrs he has no idea what he is doing. When asked how he got hired, he stated he had a friend. Why hire receptionists when we have clerical laid off?

When the blight team first hit the streets they openly admitted to individuals I know they were hired through friendships amongst the administration. The city had trained code enforcement and other individuals that were laid off that could have performed these duties.

I was informed the city told a person filing a FOIA for a CHDO application for a company requesting federal HOME dollars, was told the document did not exist. What they did give the person was an unrelated document containg a letter authorizing the very same Community Housing Development Organization status they had just been told did not exist. Obviously someone in the department of DCED does not know the department has a tracking system or the document contains information they want to hide. Not the first time they have lied for freedom of information act requests.

Word is Walling is alllowing DCED to be renovated and will buy new furniture.
Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:53 am 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

America, we are better than these last eight years. We are a better country than this.
Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: