FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sisters United definitely protected Jackie Poplar
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Does it help to be a black pastor in Flint ? I'm glad justice was done.Its something that should be available for everyone.
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:58 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Crowfeeder schreef:
Does it help to be a black pastor in Flint ? I'm glad justice was done.Its something that should be available for everyone.

AMEN !!
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 pm 
oneofus
F L I N T O I D

Vote Leyton so that people do not have thier freedoms taken from them.

Keep race and religion out of it please.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:19 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Race plays a role in Leyton's decisions. Ask him about being threatened by Sisters United.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
oneofus schreef:

The freedom to toke? That seems to be the only thing you're worried about.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thats sure what it sounds like. In a crime ridden city like Flint we need a prosecutor who puts felons away to the fullest extent of the law and dosent plea bargain sentences. As far as who gets to smoke dope legally thats about as immaterial a reason to vote for a weak prosecutor as one could come up with.

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:47 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
oneofus schreef:

I , for one, haven't inserted race or religion into the mix. Leyton is not a good Prosecutor, sure he clears the docket but at what cost? In the pleas bargains it should be the accused who offers pleas ( along with supplications and bribery anything to try to not get a tough sentence ) NOT THE PROSECUTOR. The criminals here know Leyton willl probably offer a plea so they don't sweat first degree murder, they know with Leyton's track record they will bet Manslaughter and though sentenced to 12-20 years probably will get out in 5 years because the prisons are so crowded. And to the people who support Leyton for the perception he is sympathetic to Medical Marijuana laws you now have I offer this observation, he didn't honor the promise to pursue charges in the case for Adam McIntosh and that was in court documents. His pledge and publicly stated stance to those in the medical marijuana people will draw fire , and it is a good chance he will also renege on that too.
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:11 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Both Leyton and Walling give in because of Sisters United and The Concern Black Pastors
Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sisters United definitely protected Jackie Poplar. Remember the time they stormed City Council? Why do you think Donna Poplar has her job. They definitely violate IRS rules with their political activities!
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:22 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Searched for: SISTERS UNITED, INC.
ID Num: 764711
Entity Name: SISTERS UNITED, INC.
Type of Entity: Domestic Nonprofit Corporation
Resident Agent: BARBARA CULP
Registered Office Address: 3022 MARTIN LUTHER KING BLVD FLINT MI 48505
Mailing Address: MI
Formed Under Act Number(s): 162-1982
Incorporation/Qualification Date: 5-31-2000
Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN
Number of Shares: 0
Year of Most Recent Annual Report: 07
Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors: 05
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

They supported walling and even did promotional channel17 Comcast shows for him. When Carolyn Sims had a recall they supported her as they did Jackie Poplar. They violated their charitable status with their political activities.

From an M-Live story

po36
Sisters United endorsed him instead of Williamson! Over 6,000 blacks supported Walling the lessor of two evils in stead of Williamson.

Don't bring in Pres. Obama! All of america voted for change, and Walling should not use Obama to futher his political ambition!

Sisters United endorsed Obama! I am not Ms. Poplar, and they are my "sisters" again with your racist attitude! Yes they are my sisters and they want be endorsing Walling at any cost!

Inappropriate? Alert us.Reply Post new

isocrates March 10, 2009 at 12:32PM
Follow

Po36,

I speak for myself, not the Walling campaign. If you want to know what the Walling campaign is doing, you can visit their website: www.votewalling.com

I mentioned President Obama to point out that attitudes in America have changed and that anyone that votes for a candidate just because of the color of their skin is an idiot.

You keep repeating that Eason is the most qualified candidate? How does running a non-profit agency into the ground qualify a person to be mayor? What else has Eason accomplished? Please be specific.

If your sisters united supported Walling as the lesser of two evils, then they are mere political hacks whose endorsement has no value. Have they taken any principled stands on anything?
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

They were originally formed to provide scholarships.Then they tried to influence politics. Tina Fielder (Gibson), Denise Smith Allen and even Vera Rison were members. They had their own web site .
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just for grins, I went to www.sistersunited.org & found this.....

I put some in bold.

Sisters United In Human Service, Inc. (SUIHS) is a volunteer human service organization of Muslim Women and was formally established in Atlanta, GA in February 1998. Prior to its establishment, its founding members served as community volunteers for decades–individually and collectively–in service organizations throughout the United States.

SUIHS membership reflects a rich diversity of experiences, accomplishments, talents and insights consistent with the diversity reflected in the universal way of life of their faith, Al-Islam. These individuals also bring a treasured diversity in cultural, social, and regional backgrounds, in ages, interests, professional and service orientations, and in their affiliate Masaajid (houses of worship) and Islamic communities. They are each tied together by their desire to serve and work for the pleasure of Allah, Most High --a desire that is given powerful and sacred expression through their ongoing service and outreach efforts to mankind. Members are involved in several religious and community programs and halfway houses, offering direct support to those in need. Their efforts also provide a valued relief and support system for other groups who sponsor outreach programs.

NOTE: I know it's not the same group. I said it's just for grins.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Dave, may be no connection at all, but it does make one wonder how the local group decided on its name?
Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

During the Walling - Williamson race, Donna Poplar was quoted in the Journal for being angry that there was two White candidates. Then Sisters United held a press conference in front of City Hall to announce their endorsement. They also put together more than 1 Comcast 17 show for Walling for his election. Some Democratic politicians have told me they feared Donna Poplar because she was such a fierce campaigner.
Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:53 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: