FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Another embarassing past lawsuit for Greg Eason

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Greg;s resume seemed to be spiraling downward as he moved from CEO/Pres of the Center for Banking Education in the Detroit area and eventually running a consulting company for nonprofits out of his home. In between he ran a company called Center for Progressive Learnng.

An employee filed a lawsuit against Eason and the company stating it had been a practice to use credit cards to pay business expenses and be reimbursed. Filed in Oakland County, Debra benoit v Center for Progressive Learning and Gregory Eason, 03-05214-NO, Judge Kuhn, alleges Benoit used her credit card to purchase necessary materials in the amount of $8,868.90 to keep the business running after being notified that Eason was ill and would be for an indefinite time period.

After making partial repayment, Eason then refused to pay the balance of $28,000 plus interest, Benoit went on a long term disability related sick leave and alleged Eason harassed her at home and demanded she return to work. the pleading indicate he not only threatened to terminated payment of her entitled benefits until she returned to work, but he allegedly suspended her benefits. The allegations state Eason refused to process her insurance claims for extended wage loss benefits and she received no workers comp.

Eason counterclaimed stated Benoit contacted Deane Poole of the American Bankers Association and James kurt of the Michigan bankers Association and alleged unethical and/or unbusiness like behavior. The attached letter, in my opinion, appeared to be a request for payment of the monies owed. Karen Eason was the Board secretary for the corporation. Benoit reminded the letter recipients that the corporation would have been impacted had she not bought the supplies needed fo the winter semester . Benoit further stated the ABA benefitted by the book sales and the MBA received commissions on the book sales and enrollments.

The final judgement was for $10,000 to be paid to Benoit in three installments. Eason did not prevail in his counter claim and his lawyer asked to withdraw as his attorney.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:10 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Eason has lots of company with other government officials who owe the IRS money. During the years he owned Center for Progressive learning (2000 to 2006) He generated a tax bill for 2005, which remains unpaid. The lien in the amount of $16,907.59 was recoded with the Register of Deeds on July 10, 2009
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:11 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

You do realize you are talking about our next Mayor? He might not want these things made public.
Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:53 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Warning or a threat?
Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Further evidence of Eason's downward spiral are the 2 sheriffs sales in 2006 on properties Eason bought in 2004. Both documents for the sale refer to Greg Eason, a separated man, whose address is 1534 South Franklin Avenue.
address #1- 526 West Ruth owing $46,361.53
address #1- 720 Dougherty owing $83.655.47

Also when Kate Fields first presented her RFP for the energy grant, Eason's resume for CEO was included in her proposal.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Warning or a threat?

I think it can qualify as both.
Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:50 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
insider schreef:
You do realize you are talking about our next Mayor? He might not want these things made public.

When's Walling resigning?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I received my second warning- this time through the street gangs telling me to back off. I guess i should be afraid-very afraid.
Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: