FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I'm Glad We Have Less Police!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DEMCAD
F L I N T O I D

I have lived in Flint for 26 of my 28 years. I graduated from college with a BA, I've never been convicted or even charged with a crime. I've never felt safe in this town and I'm disappointed by the increase in homicides, but frankly, I'm relieved to see less cops on the streets. I'm not a criminal, but as a black man, I am just as worried about the abusive, corrupt police as the criminals. At least now, I am less likely to be the next Oscar Grant.

I'm a little relieved that there are less bullies with badges in Flint.

I guess this is a good side to the layoffs.

I really don't feel safe around cops.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Do you feel safe around gang bangers & drug dealers?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
DEMCAD schreef:
I have lived in Flint for 26 of my 28 years. I graduated from college with a BA, I've never been convicted or even charged with a crime. I've never felt safe in this town and I'm disappointed by the increase in homicides, but frankly, I'm relieved to see less cops on the streets. I'm not a criminal, but as a black man, I am just as worried about the abusive, corrupt police as the criminals. At least now, I am less likely to be the next Oscar Grant.

Next time you might feel threaten don't call a "bully with a badge" call a "gangsta" and see what you get.

Your bullies with badges may be heavy handed but that is far better than the alternative.

Get yourself a gun because the police can not be everywhere, or do you believe that guns are evil? Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Pan8
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Less Cops???I would imagine most Flintoids would be relieved to see less baggy pants hiphoppin illiterate armed gangbangers out pimpin around. I believe its been amply proven they are 99% of Flints ever increasing violent crime problem.

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
DEMCAD schreef:

Thankfully, you were able to find a way to interject race into your nonsense. Overall, I'm not sure if you are serious.

After a quick view of your youtube account, I found you purchased a handgun. Was this to protect yourself from the criminals or the police? If your answer is the police, you are lying. If you answered the criminals, you've contradicted yourself.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Recently a serious situation arose in my neighborhood. All summer many of us have fought some new neighbors with drug dealing teens and an influx of thugs. I have been noticing in the last 10 days ago that the problems were abating. Then I saw a community officer watching and opening letting the druggies know they were under observation. My anxiety levels dropped significantly and I sincerely thank that officer and others for making their presence known. We need more not less officers. I live in a racially mixed neighborhoood and I know my neighbors share my views.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:12 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Demcad shows a video allegedly camping out in an abandoned building with both a shotgun and a glock!

Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day: DEMCAD
Posted on June 17, 2010 by Robert Farago

I’m sorry I have to do this. I’m delighted to find an African American defending Second Amendment rights. DEMCAD’s opening arguments are nothing new: guns don’t kill people )people who say guns don’t kill people with guns kill people with guns who are trying to kill them). Dictators heart a disarmed populace. Those of you who’ve HIAB (Heard It All Before) are advised to skip ahead to 2:58. DEMCAD struggles with the Mossberg’s safety—clearly unaware which position indicates safe (backwards). He looks at the gun with bewilderment, and then racks the weapon to prove it’s empty. Uh-oh.

At 5:31 DEMCAD asks about home defense shotgun rounds. Holy shit, is that a brace of bullet bandoliers? DEMCAD fesses up to his ignorance on the stopping power and penetration issues surrounding shotgun shells—even as his finger relentlessly probes an empty casing slot (ew).

This is not good. First, whoever sold DEMCAD his weapons stands accused (here) or dereliction of duty. In RI, buyers have to sign a form that swears to the fact that the gun shop owner explained all the gun’s safety features. Needless to say, no such thing occurs. But it damn well should. I don’t know how a gun dealer can sleep at night wondering if his customers know enough about their new guns to keep and use it safely. I guess they don’t. Wonder, that is.

Second, forget those stupid cable locks. Why don’t all guns come with snap caps or dummy shells? Again, if I were selling guns to people who weren’t expert in the ways of firearms (discovered through a few simple questions), I’d throw in some inert ammo, guide them through the proper procedures, give them the practice ammo and tell them to practice.

Still, third, and there’s no getting around this, it’s the gun owner’s responsibility to know WTF they’re doing with their guns. BEFORE they feed them ammo. While you might applaud DEMCAD for using YouTube to ask for expert advise on Glock cleaning and shot shell selection, I don’t. The information is already out there. Google “home defense shotgun” FFS. DEMCAD should have done his research quietly, in the privacy of his own home.

And then gone to a gun range.

I’ve never been to a range yet where there wasn’t a professional ready, willing and able to help a newbie achieve basic proficiency and/or learn safe gun handling skills. Gun safety courses are available across the length and breadth of this great nation, and they cost a lot less than those shells hanging off of DEMCAD’s door.

Anyone who ignores their responsibility to learn basic gun safety is an irresponsible gun owner. Period. In fact, I’ll go beyond that. Any gun owner who doesn’t think through their home defense strategy is also irresponsible. They should have a weapon AND a plan on how they might—operative word “might”—use it.

DEMCAD’s right: guns are tools. But so are people who buy them without FIRST learning how to respect their power.

About Robert Farago
Robert Farago is the Publisher and Managing Editor of The Truth About Guns (TTAG). He started the site to explore the ethics, morality, business, politics, culture, technology, practice, strategy, dangers and fun (yes fun) of guns.
View all posts by Robert Farago →
This entry was posted in Irresponsible Gun Owner.... Bookmark the permalink.
← Boston Globe Op Ed on Gun-A-Month Club: Save the Children!Topeka City Council Rejects Open
Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:25 am 
insider
F L I N T O I D

DEMCAD, are you scared of all cops, or just the non-black ones?

quote:
DEMCAD schreef:

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:46 pm 
DEMCAD
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:

Next time you might feel threaten don't call a "bully with a badge" call a "gangsta" and see what you get.

Your bullies with badges may be heavy handed but that is far better than the alternative.

Get yourself a gun because the police can not be everywhere, or do you believe that guns are evil? Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Pan8

The next time I feel threaten, I'll grab my Glock 22 or my Mossberg 590.

lol
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:19 am 
DEMCAD
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BAH836 schreef:

Thankfully, you were able to find a way to interject race into your nonsense. Overall, I'm not sure if you are serious.

After a quick view of your youtube account, I found you purchased a handgun. Was this to protect yourself from the criminals or the police? If your answer is the police, you are lying. If you answered the criminals, you've contradicted yourself.

Frankly, I was concerned that the Obama administration was going to threaten my right to my a gun. I bought my guns to protect myself against all threatens. I don't care what they wear.
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 am 
DEMCAD
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Demcad shows a video allegedly camping out in an abandoned building with both a shotgun and a glock!

Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day: DEMCAD
Posted on June 17, 2010 by Robert Farago

I’m sorry I have to do this. I’m delighted to find an African American defending Second Amendment rights. DEMCAD’s opening arguments are nothing new: guns don’t kill people )people who say guns don’t kill people with guns kill people with guns who are trying to kill them). Dictators heart a disarmed populace. Those of you who’ve HIAB (Heard It All Before) are advised to skip ahead to 2:58. DEMCAD struggles with the Mossberg’s safety—clearly unaware which position indicates safe (backwards). He looks at the gun with bewilderment, and then racks the weapon to prove it’s empty. Uh-oh.

At 5:31 DEMCAD asks about home defense shotgun rounds. Holy shit, is that a brace of bullet bandoliers? DEMCAD fesses up to his ignorance on the stopping power and penetration issues surrounding shotgun shells—even as his finger relentlessly probes an empty casing slot (ew).

This is not good. First, whoever sold DEMCAD his weapons stands accused (here) or dereliction of duty. In RI, buyers have to sign a form that swears to the fact that the gun shop owner explained all the gun’s safety features. Needless to say, no such thing occurs. But it damn well should. I don’t know how a gun dealer can sleep at night wondering if his customers know enough about their new guns to keep and use it safely. I guess they don’t. Wonder, that is.

Second, forget those stupid cable locks. Why don’t all guns come with snap caps or dummy shells? Again, if I were selling guns to people who weren’t expert in the ways of firearms (discovered through a few simple questions), I’d throw in some inert ammo, guide them through the proper procedures, give them the practice ammo and tell them to practice.

Still, third, and there’s no getting around this, it’s the gun owner’s responsibility to know WTF they’re doing with their guns. BEFORE they feed them ammo. While you might applaud DEMCAD for using YouTube to ask for expert advise on Glock cleaning and shot shell selection, I don’t. The information is already out there. Google “home defense shotgun” FFS. DEMCAD should have done his research quietly, in the privacy of his own home.

And then gone to a gun range.

I’ve never been to a range yet where there wasn’t a professional ready, willing and able to help a newbie achieve basic proficiency and/or learn safe gun handling skills. Gun safety courses are available across the length and breadth of this great nation, and they cost a lot less than those shells hanging off of DEMCAD’s door.

Anyone who ignores their responsibility to learn basic gun safety is an irresponsible gun owner. Period. In fact, I’ll go beyond that. Any gun owner who doesn’t think through their home defense strategy is also irresponsible. They should have a weapon AND a plan on how they might—operative word “might”—use it.

DEMCAD’s right: guns are tools. But so are people who buy them without FIRST learning how to respect their power.

About Robert Farago
Robert Farago is the Publisher and Managing Editor of The Truth About Guns (TTAG). He started the site to explore the ethics, morality, business, politics, culture, technology, practice, strategy, dangers and fun (yes fun) of guns.
View all posts by Robert Farago →
This entry was posted in Irresponsible Gun Owner.... Bookmark the permalink.
← Boston Globe Op Ed on Gun-A-Month Club: Save the Children!Topeka City Council Rejects Open

This article is so funny to me. There's not shred of evidence that I've ever done anything irresponsible with any gun in any of my videos. LOL

Any why did that guy even mention the color of my skin? LOL

Why is that relevant?

I think it's obvious why that guy was trying to trash me.

And he rants about gun safety courses. Most people forget 80 to 90 percent of that material anyway. As a college graduate, I know that everybody forgets most of the material after they graduate.

You learn by acquiring the basic rules and practicing. Not by some 2 hour class where they hit you with information overload.
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
DEMCAD schreef:
quote:
pan8 schreef:

Pan8

The next time I feel threaten, I'll grab my Glock 22 or my Mossberg 590.

lol

And do what with it? According to your videos, you have decided to store your guns unloaded and you "hide" your ammo in a place away from the guns to prevent someone who breaks into your home from using them against you. You think an armed intruder carries an unloaded gun just in case his victim is able to get it away from him and use against him? With your logic/ strategy, you might as well grab a hammer instead. On second thought, I'd rather you throw your camcorder at an intruder.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:15 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
DEMCAD schreef:
Frankly, I was concerned that the Obama administration was going to threaten my right to my a gun. I bought my guns to protect myself against all threatens. I don't care what they wear.

I respect that, but they're useless unloaded. Might as well have that hammer I just mentioned, because without being loaded, it is a blunt object and nothing more.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
DEMCAD schreef:

This article is so funny to me. There's not shred of evidence that I've ever done anything irresponsible with any gun in any of my videos. LOL

Why is that relevant?

And he rants about gun safety courses. Most people forget 80 to 90 percent of that material anyway. As a college graduate, I know that everybody forgets most of the material after they graduate.

You learn by acquiring the basic rules and practicing. Not by some 2 hour class where they hit you with information overload.

You made a documentary titled, "GLOCK 21 REVIEW". It has numerous instances of irresponsible activity.

First off, you should not have ANY play in the recoil spring guide rod when it is properly seated between the slide and the barrel. In your video, you are seen attempting to place the slide/ barrel assembly back onto the frame of the pistol. The rear of the recoil spring guide rod strikes the front of the frame due to the guide rod being seated at an angle (improperly). You are then seen/ heard "adjusting" the guide rod so that it clears the front of the frame. This "adjustment" is only made possible due to your failure to properly seat the guide rod. I view your failure to complete the simple task of assembling your handgun as irresponsible.

Secondly, Your "slapping" the trigger of your glock rather than properly "pulling" or more appropriately "pressing" it is cause for more concern. You are seen "slapping" the trigger with such lack of precision that one time your finger actually "strikes" the trigger, but does not move it enough to fire the gun. You are seen anticipating the recoil (flinching) and then abruptly "slapping" the trigger again, but this time with enough rearward movement to actually fire the gun. I view your complete lack of education or understanding in the proper firing of the gun as another irresponsible action.

Guns are serious business and it is in your best interest to become educated in their proper operation. Try "slapping" the trigger of any double action only or double/ single action handgun or rifle for that matter. I guarantee you will not be able to fire the gun using this method. Triggers are meant to be compressed, not beaten until the gun fires. If the manufacture wanted the trigger beaten to fire the gun, you would have found a hammer to hit them with in the box next to your gun.

You open the "racial door" numerous times in every video you create by repeatedly using phrases like, "As a black man... As a black American..." etc. You even had this line in the first post of this thread, "I'm not a criminal, BUT AS A BLACK MAN, I am just as worried about the abusive, corrupt police as the criminals.". How is it that you can now complain your race is being called into question when it is YOU who constantly and repeatedly bring it up? Is it relevant only when you bring up your race, but irrelevant when others do the same?

I found the author's words to be spot on, especially after viewing your videos. It is not wise to operate a vehicle without first becoming trained on how to safely do so. Guns are no different.

One line in the article mentions gun safety courses. That is hardly a rant, but, since you mentioned a safety course, if you forgot between 80 and 90 percent of what you learned in the course, it is obvious you would still be 10 to 20 percent more educated about guns/ gun safety than you are now.

How do you expect to acquire the basic rules of gun operation/ gun safety if you don't seek to be taught. There is also no reason to practice using your current methods as they are improper.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am 
DEMCAD
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BAH836 schreef:
quote:
DEMCAD schreef:

Why is that relevant?

You made a documentary titled, "GLOCK 21 REVIEW". It has numerous instances of irresponsible activity.

First off, you should not have ANY play in the recoil spring guide rod when it is properly seated between the slide and the barrel. In your video, you are seen attempting to place the slide/ barrel assembly back onto the frame of the pistol. The rear of the recoil spring guide rod strikes the front of the frame due to the guide rod being seated at an angle (improperly). You are then seen/ heard "adjusting" the guide rod so that it clears the front of the frame. This "adjustment" is only made possible due to your failure to properly seat the guide rod. I view your failure to complete the simple task of assembling your handgun as irresponsible.

Secondly, Your "slapping" the trigger of your glock rather than properly "pulling" or more appropriately "pressing" it is cause for more concern. You are seen "slapping" the trigger with such lack of precision that one time your finger actually "strikes" the trigger, but does not move it enough to fire the gun. You are seen anticipating the recoil (flinching) and then abruptly "slapping" the trigger again, but this time with enough rearward movement to actually fire the gun. I view your complete lack of education or understanding in the proper firing of the gun as another irresponsible action.

Guns are serious business and it is in your best interest to become educated in their proper operation. Try "slapping" the trigger of any double action only or double/ single action handgun or rifle for that matter. I guarantee you will not be able to fire the gun using this method. Triggers are meant to be compressed, not beaten until the gun fires. If the manufacture wanted the trigger beaten to fire the gun, you would have found a hammer to hit them with in the box next to your gun.

You open the "racial door" numerous times in every video you create by repeatedly using phrases like, "As a black man... As a black American..." etc. You even had this line in the first post of this thread, "I'm not a criminal, BUT AS A BLACK MAN, I am just as worried about the abusive, corrupt police as the criminals.". How is it that you can now complain your race is being called into question when it is YOU who constantly and repeatedly bring it up? Is it relevant only when you bring up your race, but irrelevant when others do the same?

I found the author's words to be spot on, especially after viewing your videos. It is not wise to operate a vehicle without first becoming trained on how to safely do so. Guns are no different.

One line in the article mentions gun safety courses. That is hardly a rant, but, since you mentioned a safety course, if you forgot between 80 and 90 percent of what you learned in the course, it is obvious you would still be 10 to 20 percent more educated about guns/ gun safety than you are now.

How do you expect to acquire the basic rules of gun operation/ gun safety if you don't seek to be taught. There is also no reason to practice using your current methods as they are improper.

So basically, you have no evidence of me doing anything irresponsible.

Making minor errors doesn't make you irresponsible. Let me inform you what a irresponsible gun owner does. A irresponsible gun owner engages in activity that puts himself or others in danger.

You have failed to prove that I put anyone in danger.

Am I still learning how to use the weapon? Of course, learning is an ongoing process.

Nevertheless, I always check to make sure the gun is unloaded when I pick up a gun. I never point the gun at myself or others. I don't play with it like a toy (unlike some of the idiots who criticize me.) I don't pretend to be an expert and I'm always seeking more information.

No one has ever been threaten, killed or injured by my usage of a gun, car or anything. So to accuse someone of being irresponsible without due evidence is dishonest.

Now in regards to your comment about race. It made no sense for the blogger to mention the color of my skin when he was criticizing my vblog. Race had nothing to do with it. Law enforcement, however, has a lot to do with race. Because black people are regularly beaten and killed (e.g. Oscar Grant) by police officers. When i9t comes to police, being black matters. When it comes to the justice system, being black matters.

So am a black man who is much more likely to be falsely accused, injured or killed by a cop, I have every reason to be worried about their presence.

Are all cops bullies? No, but the good cops are the exception, not the rule.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: