FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jesse Jackson

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
TRB

You're Invited to the Genesee Coordinated Campaign Rally

Featuring Rev. Jesse Jackson
Friday, September 22nd
3:00 p.m.

U.A.W. Local 599
812 Leith Street
Flint, MI
Join Senator Debbie Stabenow and Rev. Jesse Jackson as they energize the crowd and discuss the importance of voting for Democrats this November! For more information, call Woodrow Stanley at 239-7981.
www.michigandems.com
Paid for by the Michigan Democratic State Central Committee, 606 Townsend St., Lansing, MI 48933.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This message distributed by
Terry Bankert
http://attorneybankert.com/
Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:14 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

This was a great event. I didn't agree with a lot of the stuff that was said but it was great to have such a national renown figure in Flint. Jesse Jackson is a very good public speaker and he made some very good points. I was disappointed Don Williamson did not attend but I'm glad Sheldon Neely and Woodrow Stanley were able to attend. I though Stanley did an excellent job as master of ceremonies. I think Jesse Jackson would have made a good president if he wasn't a sellout on the pro-life issue. I think Bouchard is the better choice for U.S. senate to help bring the Republican party back in line. I'm a litle disappointed that Stabenow voted for programs like the bridge to nowhere. I think Bouchard is the better choice to help bring conservative politics back to Washington and not go along with the liberal spending Republicans that are making Republicans like me look bad.

Hopefully in the future Genesee county Republicans can pull something off like this. Jesse Jackson is an excellent speaker and probably one of the best in the country. It was definately worth crossing over party lines to attend this event.
Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:11 pm 
Wood Ether

Kudos Adam for not being such a Republican puppet. Nice to see you can admit that Jesse has many good points. THe dude does not get the credit he deserves for his diplomacy AND role he has played in releases AmeriKKKan hostages, Honky Flinterneters hate Blacks- nice to see that you can think for yerself on this issue.
Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:06 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I mainly went for jackson's speaking ability. It was nice to see someone of that stature on a national level at such a small event.

Thinking back to last night I don't consider myself an expert on civil rights but thinking of top black civil rights leaders Martin Luther King, Malcolm x come to mind. Both of them were assasinated. I saw no Flint police officers at the meeting last night and only one county sherriff. For a majority black city to not protect one of, if not the main black civil rights leaders when he comes to Flint seems unacceptable to me. This is even more striking when we are able to get so many officers to a housing commission meeting. I also thought it strange that the mayor didn't attend such a high profile event even if Stanley was the MC.

It was also interesting that Jackson did carry Michigan in 88.
Post Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:46 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"AmeriKKKan hostages, Honky Flinterneters hate Blacks- nice to see that you can think for yerself on this issue"

Hey Wood, you ought try not being a hater "yerself".

Ironic you can appreciate the quality in others but not show much of the same in your comments above.

Its easy to villainize the other side....'pubs calling the dems names and vice versa...its always been easy to hate what we fear, don't understand or disagree with. Its harder to not hate, and to try to understand; but only then can we hope to reach understanding and cooperation.

Kudos to Adam to having the curiosity to attend and soak in and reflect upon the words and ideas of Mr Jackson.

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:08 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: