FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Car Stolen in Ohio

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

What a horrible experience. My wife and I just started our vacation to Mackinac Island for two weeks and spent the night at a Holiday Inn in Dayton, OH. Came out the next morning only to discover my 1992 Buick Roadmaster gone. I live in Florida but had the car registered in Michigan and we visit Michigan often. Makes you just hate the world. The car was packed to the hilt with our laptop, camera, DVD player, and all our new vacation clothes.
I'm thankful we were not hurt since this all can be replaced. Richard
Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:02 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

ouch!!

Sorry for your loss and inconvenience. Hope you didn't leave too much personal info on the laptop.

I wonder if they saw the out of state plate and figured...fat pickings here?

What a shame, and being out of town its harder to work with the authorities on follow-up etc.

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:18 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I got a call from the sheriff last night saying they found my car abandoned along I-75 south of Dayton, OH. It appears to be driveable but will know more later today after talking to the tow company.
Richard
Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:04 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
I got a call from the sheriff last night saying they found my car abandoned along I-75 south of Dayton, OH. It appears to be driveable but will know more later today after talking to the tow company.
Richard

Richard,
well that is partial good news. hey look, if it had happened in FLint, the Mayor would have had your car towed and to add to your loss, you would have had to pay $160 or more for towing/storage.

Now that is CRIMINAL!! Instead of calling the victim to come to the car and retreive it [either your own tow, or drive away if possible], they automatically take possession of it and charge the victim...even if its the same day as the loss.

Lesson: don't stop and stay in a Flint hotel and take that chance!

Post Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:32 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: