FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: City only pays for less than 40 officers?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Once again I am being told the city only pays for less than 40 officers. The command structure has eliminate the Captains and only has Lts. Most positions are grant filled positions or the COPs millage. money not used by the police are used elsewhere.

Oddly there is a rumor that Rhoda Matthews may be paid for training police volunteers, crime watch and min-station personnel. This is as bad as Raynetta Speed setting up trainings for some of the same things. Civilians at the south side mini-station are already training these positions.

In the past Officer Hudson Green did most of the training and the training was consistent. The officers running the mini-stations and the staion coordinator also monitored the training. How can Rhoda-with no police experience- coordinate and train these individuals?

RHODA MATTHEWS WILL HOWEVER PROBABLE BE PAID OUT OF THE POLICE BUDGET, AT LEAST IN PART.

DELRICO LOYD HAS INDICATED THE CITIZENS MAY BE ASKED FOR A POLICE MILLAGE. (WE ALREADY PAY A COPS MILLAGE) WE HAVE A FOOT PATROL GRANT.

bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

You will not see Foot Patrol in its true form as it was sold to the public. The police are now being told "Well, when we say Foot Patrol, we don't literally mean on foot, we mean talking to residents more." In addition, even if they wanted to do this insane suicidal traditional foot patrol with single digit officers patrolling the streets, they can't. There's simply too few officers to handle the ever increasing call volume that continues to come in. Hmmm, average of 8 or 9 officers on street trying to clear a board of 20 to 40 calls (at least) that never drops below 15 with new ones constantly coming in, AND most of the calls require 2 officers. In addition, when officers start their shifts, they're already 20 to 40 calls down, go figure.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 pm
Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:32 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Walling has to go and i think he is a racist.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:37 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: