FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor's car stolen?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

My phone started ringing at 8:30 am and hasn't stopped. It seems the mayor had his car stolen, presumably from his home, sometime yesterday. Word is he called the Police Chief in Grand blanc, who sent an officer as Walling did not want any police traffic on the incident.
They allegedly found the car an hour later and called for a dog to search for the culprit. Does Flint even have any more dogs? Could have borrowed the dog from another jurisdiction.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:20 am 
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

welcome to flint mr mayor too bad they didnt find the car stripped
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:02 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Q: How do you tell the difference between your car and the mayor's car??

A: If the mayor's car is stolen they actually recover it!
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Probably wasn't stolen, found it filled with empty beer cans and used condoms from the Mayor's all night bender and he forgot he left it there when he stumbled home the night before!!
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
It seems the mayor had his car stolen, presumably from his home, sometime yesterday. Word is he called the Police Chief in Grand blanc, who sent an officer as Walling did not want any police traffic on the incident.
Why no "police traffic" on the incident? Did he know who took it? Special favors for the mayor? Not like any other resident?
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:52 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I see a couple comments on the Journal's web site article identifying those shot at Evergreen Regency mentioning this. One poster wanted to know if the dog was a tracker or a drug sniffer. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Real question: Do any of you think if it was YOUR car that was stolen they would bring in a dog of any kind? Drug Sniffer...Tracker...is that the point? Seems like they'd tell any other citizen "be glad the car wasn't stripped and set on fire" and that would be the end of it.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:02 pm 
bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

Flint does not have any dogs, and NO, if you're car is stolen, no dog will be brought in, period. In fact, you will wait until the board is nearly clear (if that even exists anymore) until you get an officer take your report. However, not the Mayor. My sources say the chief called immediately to have someone look for his car, while other people would have to wait at least 4 to 6 hours for a police response. And then, the word is (again for reliable sources) that the mayor said he didn't want to make a complaint. This of course was an attempt to keep it out of the papers, officially anyway.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:11 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Usually if someone doesn't want to make a complaint about a crime that's been committed it's because they're trying to protect someone they know. Who's he trying to protect? That's the story, and someone in the media should be on top of it.

Or did he leave his key in the car? Or loaned it and it wasn't returned when it was supposed to be?
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

yea 00SL2, something sounds fishy. It's not as if your car being stolen is embarrassing, so why try to cover it up? The media should definitely be looking into this. Until then I am sticking with my "all night bender" theory!
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

With the beating he's been taking in terms of public opinion I'd say it would definitely be embarrassing -- in light of the police layoffs, fire layoffs, shootings, arsons, the "truce", the shooting down of the city council's suggestions to cut costs, bickering over the budget with them -- If it's true then he'd go from being thought of as an aloof, soft idealist with poor judgment to being a simple laughingstock. So I can see embarrassment being a motivator without some kind of exotic shadiness being involved. There's enough shadiness going on with the political games and favors that seem to have become expected of elected officials here.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:53 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

good walling deserves it

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:16 pm 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Walling is denying the report of his car being stolen.In fact you could say we have his word on it ( the anti is up ) Where are the facts ? If proven true this would be a double embarrassment for him.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:52 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE schreef:
Mayor Walling is denying the report of his car being stolen.In fact you could say we have his word on it ( the anti is up ) Where are the facts ? If proven true this would be a double embarrassment for him.

Triple, even.

A hat-trick of mortification...
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: