FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Beware of Flint Police in Chargers!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The traffic enforcement unit, aka the glory Boys, got to take a class and they can now carry assault rifles. The street calls this rifle the "they ain't playing" gun. Remember the Glory Boys don't answer 911 calls unless they choose to. So next time you get stopped by someone in a Flint Police Charger, don't piss them off as they have their rifle.

You're probably safe at lunchtime as they can often be found at Luigi's on Davison Road.

And what is the deal with a 2 day training for foot patrol to learn how to deal with gangs? It takes a lot more training than that.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Flint has traffic enforcement?????? What are they going to do with the 16's, shoot out tires? The 16's would be more appropriate for the gang squad, if we had one.

It took 2 days to tell the foot patrol that the vests will not stop an AK round?

Forget the Chargers, this is what the PD REALLY needs - - - - -
http://www.dillonaero.com/docs/DillonTacticalVehicle-1.wmv

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If Flint didnt have to lay out 8 million bucks for some worn out building maybe they could buy a couple. Rolling Eyes I dont know why they need 16s dog the bounty hunter does just fine with a paintball gun. Wink Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if they have a loaner we could get for a couple weeks?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I imagine you could end all the north ends crime problems in 2 wks with one of those wreaking havock on the baggy pantie tough guys. Feets do your stuff. Laughing

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:42 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

All FPD officers/ supervisors should be trained and allowed to use patrol rifles because many of the criminals in Flint are equally or better equipped. The transition to the patrol rifle is nearly complete in most other PD's in the country, but not surprising, the FPD is behind the times.

EDIT:
I don't care for the implied assertion that the traffic officers are doing something wrong by eating during their shift. Usually your comments are logically sound and better than that.

As for gang training, I agree two days is not sufficient.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:39 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

NO PROBLEM WITH THEIR EATING DURING THEIR SHIFT. But must they all eat at the same time and same place. This is a big city and lots to patrol.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:41 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BAH836 schreef:
All FPD officers/ supervisors should be trained and allowed to use patrol rifles because many of the criminals in Flint are equally or better equipped. The transition to the patrol rifle is nearly complete in most other PD's in the country, but not surprising, the FPD is behind the times.

EDIT:
I don't care for the implied assertion that the traffic officers are doing something wrong by eating during their shift. Usually your comments are logically sound and better than that.

As for gang training, I agree two days is not sufficient.

Ahh,, the resident copper is here again. Going to shock the hell out of you and agree that two days training isn't enough. Also agree that FPD is behind the times. Typically I don't like you too much but I am going to ask you a question that I haven't heard anyone ask a cop during this current crisis Flint seems to be going through. Question is: how do you think the city should find the funding to put the cops back to to levels the city needs for good coverage on all shifts? Another question ( and this is a harder one to answer) , what do you think can be done to mend the soured relations between the mayor's office and the police?
Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Police started carrying patrol rifles after the North Hollywood bank robbery in the 90s .The robbers had far superior firepower than the sidearms and shotguns that the LAPD had.Patrol rifles have far more power with greater accuracy at long distances than a pistol or shotgun. They are an offensive weapon where the pistol is defensive. If Flint PD is just now gong to them, they are at least 12 years behind the times.

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If these weapons have been needed for 12 years, then why are we wasting time training traffic personnel , who don't even help those in the field. Some of the 17 trained should have been trained a long time ago. Who's fault is that?.
Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

It took 2 days to tell the foot patrol that the vests will not stop an AK round?

Link
Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Untangleingwebs, I don't know why or who's at fault. I just know that I wouldn't want to be patrolling the streets of Flint without a patrol rifle available.

Good video Adam. I'll guarantee you that those vest's are high dollar.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I guess I'm just old fashioned. I'd prefer an M-14 to a Mattel.

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:35 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Good idea for sure.I hope they are getting M4's .
Someone told me once that a pistol is what you use to fight your way to your rifle.This is because a pistol is near useless beyond about 50 yds.Our Police need the best they can get.
I think that patrol rifle is the better and more accurate term.Assault rifle is a media term often used by gun grabbers, as it is value laden and negative .
Are these are the civy semi auto version? With quality night sights?
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I guess I'm just old fashioned. I'd prefer an M-14 to a Mattel.
Me too,I guess I'm just another sentimental old fa*t .I like the AK47,especialy the ChiCom 56 version.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: