FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman robbed at gunpoint outside Clio Road Market
Published: Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:40 AM Updated: Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:44 AM
David Harris | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A woman was robbed at gunpoint outside the Clio Road Market just after midnight Thursday.

The suspect was described as a teen male. The store is located on Clio Road, north of Dayton Street.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man sent to hospital after being shot in hip area
Published: Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:48 AM Updated: Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:52 AM
FLINT, Michigan — A man was shot in the hip area around 4 a.m. Thursday on Saginaw Street near Hamilton Avenue.

The man was taken to Hurley Medical Center where he underwent surgery. His condition is not known.

The circumstances of the shooting were not released.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Stun gun used to assault man on Robert T. Longway Boulevard
Published: Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:53 AM Updated: Friday, November 12, 2010, 7:56 AM
FLINT, Michigan — A man was assaulted by a husband and wife and their other family members around 7 p.m. Monday on Robert T. Longway near E. Boulevard Avenue.

A 34-year-old man and his 30-year-old wife approached the man. The woman used a stun gun that knocked him to the ground.

Several family members then began kicking him.

The suspects fled when the police were called.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man arrested for Oct. 16 Lapeer Gardens shooting of 20-year-old
Published: Friday, November 12, 2010, 9:20 PM Updated: Friday, November 12, 2010, 9:46 PM
Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — Police have arrested a suspect in the fatal Oct. 16 shooting of 20-year-old Dominick Barney, according to a news release.

Barney was found shot in the mouth that afternoon in the hallway of a Lapeer Gardens apartment building on Lapeer Road near S. Dort Highway.

The male adult suspect is lodged in Genesee County Jail.

The shooting was the first of two that occurred within one week of each other at Lapeer Gardens.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man injured when Flint street collapses underneath him
Published: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 8:49 AM
Kristin Longley | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A Flint man injured his right leg when he sank into a hole on the 300 block of W. Witherbee Street, according to Flint police reports.

The man told police he was walking down the street and talking on his cell phone at about 3 p.m. Thursday when the street collapsed underneath his foot.

His right leg sank into the concrete past his knee, the report said.

The man called 911 and the Flint Fire Department responded. Firefighters had to break the pavement around the victim's leg to pull him to safety, the report said.

The fire department estimated the hole to be about 4 feet by 2 feet and 15-20 feet deep.

The man was taken to Hurley Medical Center, where he was treated for a leg injury.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:18 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Allegedly a third individual was spared after she hid. The chatter on the street is the male was dealing druge, mostly pills. The female did nails in her home and was very good at what she did.

This Pastor has the church on Chevrolet and Hamilton. He never misses a photo op.

Double homicide in FlintSaturday, November 13, 2010
Tags:violence, death, homicide, flint, local, iris perez
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo
Iris Perez
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team
FLINT (WJRT) -- (11/13/10) --- The Flint community was reeling Saturday night after a double homicide.

Many details surrounding the deaths are still unclear, but police report that two people, one male and one female, were found dead in a home on the 1,400 block of Kearsley Park Blvd, which is on the Eastside of Flint. Flint police received the call a little after 11 Saturday morning.

The victims names are being withheld pending the notification of relatives.

As the community waits for answers, they said the bottom line is that the crime has got to stop.

Pastor Robert McCathern is comforting a crowd of men and women who all feel they may be, in one way or another, related to one of the two victims.

"I got a call from some of my members that one of the members was involved in the murder and was murdered," McCathern said.

With no official confirmation on exactly who's involved, he's focused on the crux of the matter. "Violence breeds violence, so our concern is how do we help them mediate, how do we help them process?"

Many waited hours just to try to learn what happened and if the rumors were true.

"I can't even find the words to say how bad I feel about it," said Flint resident Velma Anderson

Either way, many are simply tired of the crime.

"It's an atmosphere that's just pain and misery that we see over and over in the city of Flint," McCathern said.

"I wish all this violence would stop with these young people," said Flint resident Tracy Franklin. "They're throwing their lives away over nothing. People will kill you over $2 nowadays, it's not even worth it."

The investigation is still ongoing, so those with information are urged to call Crime Stoppers or Flint Police.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:57 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint residents shaken up by Saturday's double homicide, not surprised
Published: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 1:18 PM Updated: Sunday, November 14, 2010, 1:21 PM
Allison Bush | The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — Several Flint residents who live near the intersection of Kearsley Park Boulevard and Illinois Avenue, where a double homicide occurred Saturday morning, said they were shaken up by the incident.

"That really hit close to home," said Diana Pifer, who has lived in her house down the street for more than 40 years. "It's getting really scary, it's getting beyond real."

Pifer said her main concern is that she has no idea why the homicide happened.

"When you don't know who did it, or why it happened, it just leaves you kind of concerned, and wondering what is going on," she said.

Resident Christopher Summers, who lives a few houses down from where the double homicide occurred, said he wasn't shocked by the incident.

"I'm not really that surprised, with as violent as the city has been the last few years," he said.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:39 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Depending on whether the homicide at Clovertree was a single or double, we're now at 59 or 60.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Clovertree is technically in Flint Township and not Flint. Journal confused me too with the Flint designation.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:08 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

On the scanner right now, woman shot in the head on Golf Lane. Condition unknown, cars & ambulance being dispatched now.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That is Mott Park. A friend of mine who lives on Sunset, south side of Mott Golf Course, is planning on letting thei townhouse go for taxes in 3 years because of rising crime.
Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:10 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

Golfside is Mott Park. Gulf Ln is in the Regency Apts.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Yup, Evergreen Regency. I thought Golfside was near Flint Golf Club.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

The only Golfside I'm aware of is in Mott Park.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Thanks-Golf Lane didn't show up as a street on city web site. Tragic to lose a mother with 2 young boys.
Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:31 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: