FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Starting up again.
Seneca & Dartmouth.
Adams - Oren - Bonbright area - found a pile of shell casings in a driveway.
Page & King - 2 suspects seen by caller.

All 3 in roughly 20 minutes.

Neighbors worry about safety after man killed by stray bullet in Flint home
By Laura Angus | Flint Journal
May 19, 2010, 3:44PM
FLINT, Michigan — After a stray bullet killed a man inside his home Tuesday afternoon, neighbor Judy Franks said she’s ready to move — with or without her husband.

Lionel Neal, 60, was found dead of a gunshot wound in his bedroom about 5:40 p.m. when his wife returned to their home on Paterson Street near Oren Avenue.

About an hour earlier, police had received numerous calls about shots fired in the area. Investigators believe one of those bullets went through a window of Neal’s home and struck him.
Sarah A. Miller | The Flint Journal Flint police respond to a shooting at 204 E. Patterson in Flint Tuesday where a man was killed by a stray bullet entering his bedroom window.
A family member at Neal’s home declined to comment Wednesday, calling the killing “senseless.”

Franks said such gunfire has become a regular occurrence in her neighborhood, and she no longer feels safe inside her own home.

“It could have been me,” said Franks, 55.

City Councilman Bernard Lawler, who represents the 5th Ward, called Neal’s death “tragic” and said his heart hurts for Neal’s family and the community.

“It’s like we’re living in a war zone, and this has to stop,” he said. “We have to take action in our community to say, ‘We’re not going to tolerate this anymore.’ ”

There have been 18 homicides in Flint so far this year, according to Flint police.

Another neighbor of Neal’s, Gevonne Green, 28, said he has lived in the neighborhood for only a month and is scared for his safety.

“A bullet doesn’t have a name on it,” said Green, who believes more police on the streets would be the only way to make the city safer.

In March, the city laid off 46 police officers as part of budget cuts.

Lawler said he understands neighbors’ concerns after the shooting but urged them not to live in fear.

“We can’t allow these criminals to take over our neighborhoods,” he said. “We need to stand together and take action to take back our neighborhoods.”

He said he and other city officials and leaders are working to introduce a crime-prevention model in Flint that has reduced crime in other cities nationally. Lawler also encouraged residents to start or get involved with neighborhood crime watches.

Anyone with additional information is asked to call Sgt. Jeff Collins at (810) 237-6911 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 422-JAIL (5245).
Post Wed May 19, 2010 3:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont feel safe in your home? boy thats a fact drywall is a piss poor bullet stopper.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 5:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman reports to Flint police that her son was shot in the shoulder by a friend
May 20, 2010, 7:39AM
FLINT, Michigan — A woman reported to police that her son was shot in the shoulder by a friend around 10:20 p.m. Tuesday near Grace and Mason streets.

The woman said she was in bed when she heard a gun shot, according to police reports. Her son yelled that he had been shot and needed to go to the hospital.

The woman drove her son to the hospital where he was listed in fair condition and his gunshot wound to the right shoulder was treated, according to the report.

The son told police he and a friend were playing with a revolver when the friend pulled the trigger, according to police reports. The friend fled the home with the gun, headed in an unknown direction.
Post Thu May 20, 2010 10:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bullet shot through house while resident at church
By Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal
May 19, 2010, 9:20PM
FLINT, Michigan — A man told police that a bullet was shot through his bathroom window while he was at church from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, according to police reports.

The bullet traveled through his bathroom window and into his kitchen, hitting and damaging a chandelier, he told police.

There are no suspects.
Post Thu May 20, 2010 11:01 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police investigating two separate shootingsWednesday, May 19, 2010Related VideoAll Live Video : All Video » Stray bullet kills Flint man
Flint police investigating two separate shootings
Tags:flint, police, local, lori dougovito
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo
Lori Dougovito
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team
FLINT (WJRT) -- (05/19/10)--Flint police are investigating two shootings in the city. There are two victims and two very different sets of circumstances.

The shootings occurred less than 12 hours apart in two separate areas of the city. A stray bullet is apparently to blame in that first shooting.

Police say Lionel Neal was alone inside his own home when he was hit. Neal died.

In the second incident, a woman was critically injured. People in that neighborhood say they believe her shooting was intentional.

The yellow tape was up and dozens of markers were down and around the crime scene even hours after the shooting early Wednesday morning.

Police say 20-year-old Brittany Williams was shot in the back inside a home on Vernon on the city's east side.

A man who did not want to be identified said there's been no shortage of problems in the area.

Police continue to investigate. Kim Thompson and Vernon Miner watched detectives working from across the street. They say they heard gunshots around 3:30 a.m.

"There were, like, 20 shots," Thompson said. "I looked out the window and saw people screaming, running to cars and then they left."

A family of eight with five kids included lives in the home right next door to the one that was hit. They say two stray bullets made it into their home but no one was injured.

That was not the case for a man simply sitting inside his own home Tuesday afternoon. Police say a stray bullet struck and killed him.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Post Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Welch and MLK jeez I remember when it was Welch and Detroit St great area and no crime.

I used to walk back & forth from Dartmouth on Detroit St. to school at St. Mikes every day. I'd walk at 9pm from Marian Hall at Detroit & 3rd Ave. where I volunteered to run the elevator, without any problems. Don't think it would be safe to do that today, even carrying a Thompson.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu May 20, 2010 1:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Webs,

That shooting on Vernon was right across the street from my house. We were woken up to the sounds of automatic weapons going off. There were at least 50 holes in that house. It is a well known dope house. That is the 3rd time in a month that house has been shot. The first time one of the little punks got our house several times, while aiming for theirs.

The other two times there were only a couple of shots and both in broad daylight before noon. That house was shot a couple of times on Monday morning too. Our new neighbors that had the misfortune of living next to these scumbags have only been here for a week. After Tuesday, even though she loves the house where she is at, she was ready to move. I didn't blame her, but we want people like her family to stay, not those scumbags pushing her out of home she really likes.

The scumbags were having a party in the basement, the girl was shot because she happened to be upstairs in the restroom when the shooters let loose. Even with all the people that flew out of there before the police arrived, there were still quite a few well known hookers being brought out of that house.

They were the only real problem in our neighborhood. They have vacated the premises and I have heard they will not be returning. Good riddance!!! Me and our other great neighbors are all breathing a sigh of relief and plan to have a block wide BBQ to celebrate their departure. Since the police did not have the manpower to raid them, it had to come to this. I'm just thankful none of my honest decent neighbors were hurt. It is truly a shame that it had to come to that to be able to get rid of them. It was a close thing too, because the stray bullet went right through my other neighbors living room.
Post Fri May 21, 2010 10:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Lacy W

The shooting and property damage to innicent bystanders is a big problem facing Flint now. I was on West Witherbee with friends and was dismayed to find out that three houses were shot up just a day before I stopped in.

One home is abandoned and across the street. They may have been shooting at someone on the street because two are the houses are great people and not antone doing wrong.
Post Sun May 23, 2010 8:20 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If the bangers won't stop shooting, at least they could practice, so they only hit what/who they're aiming at. Or, maybe they're not aware of those things called sights.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your asking a lot of the bangers since they are uncapable of doing anything else right besides the price of ammo has risin so much them poor boys cant afford no practice ammo.

Post Sun May 23, 2010 1:18 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe the "Homeboy's Night Sights" aren't properly adjusted.

Post Sun May 23, 2010 1:27 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just on the scanner, 15 people with ball bats fighting on Winthrop. Only 2 cars available & supervisor said not to send only 2 to a fight that large. Dispatch trying to round up enough cars to send. One car at scene, fight over before they got there.

Post Sun May 23, 2010 6:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Saturday night, just after midnight, we heard shots that lasted fornearly five minutes. More than one weapon. A smaller burst about 4:30 pm

A friend near Miller rd. heard gunshots around 11pm same night.
Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:14 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I wouldn't fight a shotgun either! The major problem is this crime was committed in one of the citys development zones.

Woman reports carjacking in Flint
May 24, 2010, 7:29AM
FLINT, Michigan — A woman was carjacked in Flint around 9:40 p.m. Sunday near 5th Avenue and Mason Street.

The woman told police two men, approximately 17 years old, stole the car she was driving, which belonged to someone else, according to police reports.

The suspects are both described as in their late teens, 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds, according to police reports. One suspect was armed with a shotgun and was wearing a black and red New York ball cap and black hoodie. The second wore braids and a dark face mask.

The vehicle was described as a green 1997 Buick Century.
Editor's note: This post was updated.
Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:31 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Saturday night, just after midnight, we heard shots that lasted for nearly five minutes. More than one weapon. A smaller burst about 4:30 pm

A friend near Miller rd. heard gunshots around 11pm same night.
Could the Saturday night shots near Miller Road have any relationship to this story reported Saturday on the 11 o'clock news? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else. When I saw the story they showed a video clip of the wrecked car at the Rock.
Joel Feick
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team

FLINT (WJRT) -- (05/22/10) -- A deadly crash in Flint ended in a ball of flames Saturday night.

The incident happened at the corner of Twelfth and Hammerberg around 11 p.m.

Police report a car travelling 80 to 90-miles-per-hour slammed into the concrete wall where the two roads meet. The car burst into flames and the driver was killed.

The ramps to Interstate-69 were shut down during the investigation, but reopened Saturday.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Post Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: