FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Metal thief arrested after owner of vacant Flint house walks in on burglary

Published: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 7:00 AM

By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A man was arrested after being caught stealing metal from a vacant home on Wednesday, according to a police report

The owner of the home recieved a phone call from a neighbor at 12:45 p.m. notifying him that someone was taking items from the house on East Stewart Avenue near King Avenue.

The victim told police he went to the house and found a 47-year-old man inside, trying to steal air ducts, a furnace and piping.

The suspect was arrested at the scene and lodged at Genesee County Jail, according to the police report.
Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Shots fired during large fight in Downtown Flint

Published: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 2:20 AM

By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal

View full size(Dorothy Edwards | The Flint Journal)Police cars and a fire truck speed into Downtown Flint after a large fight broke out as bars began to close around 2 a.m. Friday.
FLINT, Michigan — Gunshots were fired downtown during a large fight as bars began to empty just before 2 a.m., police said.

Police vehicles from Burton, Mundy Township and the Sheriff's department sped to the scene to help Flint police, but the area was cleared up quickly.

The fight occurred in the central 'flat lot' at Kearsley and Saginaw streets in the city's downtown area, a part of the city where gunfire is extremely rare.

Police said one person may have been taken to the hospital in a private vehicle, but ambulances on scene didn't transport anyone and it was unclear if there were any serious injuries.
Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:26 pm 
jwowwflint
F L I N T O I D

[quote="untanglingwebs"]FLINT (WJRT) -
Three shootings, two are deadly in Flint. The gun fire spurred one of the victim's family to call for end to the city's violence.

The first two calls went out around 2:30 p.m. One on the 300 block of East Dayton, the other on North Saginaw. Shortly after that another shooting on the 500 block of East Jamieson.

Flint Police Lt. T.P. Johnson is the lead investigator. "We trying to find out if they are related, how and who the players were."

When police were called to the 300 block of East Dayton, Tina Jones said she heard the commotion from inside her home. "I started hearing a bunch of gunfire. We need more police out here. I never see police out here till something like this happens."

Police said the victim from the shooting on Dayton was running away from another individual.

"They were exchanging gun fire, this victim hit at least one time." Johnson said.

On the 500 block of East Jamieson, a family prays for their loved one. Casaundra Atkinson said her 18-year-old son Dwan Brown,Jr. was another victim. "I'm not going to sit here and say he was an earth angel, I know he did his dirt out here like any other teenager, but it's not worth his life, nothing he ever did is worth his life."

"Bro I love you and I'm going to miss you. I shed no tears, you're in a better place," said Victim's brother.

Dwan's family is calling on the community to come together and unite in peace.

"We're losing our young boys out here for nothing, it's silliness, it needs to stop, three in one day is just too much," added Atkinson.

Call Flint Police or Crime stoppers if you know anything about these shootings. Police need your help to solve these crimes.

Showing 3 comments

Dennis Robbins
2 hours ago

Blame the parents of these kids getting shot,dont blame the lack of police for not knowing what your kids are doing...Typical north end thinking..

sodamnsmooth
8 hours ago

@Shianne... I don't think police can stop violence. I think the city has been crapped on by lawmakers in Lansing and desperate people do desperate things. The young people have a destructive mentality here. The governor should have to stay in a house on the north side the next time he wants to make cuts to schools and community that make life worse in poor communities.

Shianne
9 hours ago

I live on the North end of Flint and all this violent stuff that keeps persisting is just unreal. No wonder they call this the most dangerous city in the U.S....No one wants to see this kind of stuff happening to our youth or anyone else for that matter. I dont understand what provokes this heinous violence. One day hopefully we will have enough police in this county to stop all the violence.[/quote]

Although my heart goes out to the mother, her comment, "I know he did his dirt out here like any other teenager" makes me angry. I have 2 teenage sons and they aren't out there doing dirt. Don't lump them all together like that. My boys stay busy after school and on the weekends. They both go to school and hold down part time jobs. Because I MAKE them. They don't have time to be out there "hanging around". And I agree that it's not up to the police in Flint, it's up to the parent(s). As parents, we HAVE to lay down the law and demand they obey. I would much rather have my boys "mad" at me than to let them learn on their own out in the real world. Quit babying your kids and take some responsibility!!
Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Stabbing victim in critical condition at Flint hospital; suspect arrested following chase by police

Published: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 10:20 AM Updated: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 10:30 AM

By Roberto Acosta | Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A 30-year-old Flint man is in critical condition after being stabbed multiple times Saturday morning near the intersection of Carr and Neebish streets, according to a police report.

The victim, identified as 30-year-old Zakery Boyce, was taken to Hurley Medical Center for his injuries around 6:16 a.m. while police from several agencies took a 20-year-old male suspect into custody following a foot pursuit.

Police did not provide information on what led to the stabbing. The suspect is currently being lodged at the Genesee County Jail, pending the prosecutor's review of the incident.

Anyone with more information is being asked to call Flint Police Sgt. Jeff Collins at 810-237-6911 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-422-5245.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:26 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Thief snatches woman's purse at Flint bus stop

Published: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 10:00 AM

By Beata Mostafavi | Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A woman reported that she was waiting for a bus at King Avenue and Pierson Road at around 2 p.m. Friday when a man in a dark jacket came up behind her and grabbed her purse, according to a police report.

The woman held on to her purse and was dragged a short distance by the robber before he fled, the report said.

The woman reported she had $485, a social security card, Bridge card and Visa money card worth $160 in the purse.

The woman suffered a minor knee injury.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint resident wakes up to find bullet hole in home window

Published: Saturday, December 03, 2011, 7:00 PM

By Beata Mostafavi | Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A Flint woman reported finding a single bullet hole in the window of her home on Hogarth Avenue, according to police reports.

The woman told police she heard glass breaking at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday. The shot was believed to be random.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:35 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman in Flint shoots self in foot after tripping over toy
Published: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 4:00 PM Updated: Sunday, December 04, 2011, 4:58 PM

By Roberto Acosta | Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A 36-year-old woman was reported in good condition at Hurley Medical Center after shooting herself in the foot Nov. 2 after tripping on a toy inside her Stocker Avenue residence, according to a police report.

Police were called to the home around 3:15 a.m. and found the woman shot in her right foot with a bullet from her Taurus .38 revolver.

The woman told police she was putting away the weapon when she tripped on a toy and the gun fired, with the bullet striking her in the foot.

Police removed the weapon from the home for safekeeping.
Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:50 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: