FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Parts of the 5th ward were ablaze with gunshots last night. Started after midnight and lasted for hours.

Many older residents are talking about leaving and don't know what to do, Families who have already left Flint want their parents safe and are begging them to leave and come live with them.

The violence doesn't end at the street level. Recently there was a disturbance at Moon Funeral Home. The family and friends of the young man killed on Dupont by his pregnant girlfriends brother savagely attacked the girl at Moons and she lost her baby.

Graffiti is everywhere again, and it is predominantly gang related. Dayton Ave is painted everywhere along with the names of area gangs. Their graffiti is increasingly threatening. The Dayton Family rap albums are rife with names of street gangs in Flint.

The young people are predicting an increase in violence this summer,

And all the while walling plays the social butterfly and flits from social event to event.
Post Sat May 15, 2010 8:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Graffiti is everywhere again, and it is predominantly gang related. Dayton Ave is painted everywhere along with the names of area gangs. Their graffiti is increasingly threatening. The Dayton Family rap albums are rife with names of street gangs in Flint.

The young people are predicting an increase in violence this summer,

And all the while walling plays the social butterfly and flits from social event to event.

I see Gangster Disciples graffiti across Mason from the Dayton Ave stuff at Mason & Baker.

I've also heard about the upcoming territory wars this summer.

As the Twit Flits??

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat May 15, 2010 8:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

yes Mason and Baker has some of the worst stuff and some of the worst problems with drugs and shootings.

Since Dominique got killed at 127 W. Dayton, the house was burnt and his nickname "nique" is on RIP tributes from Iroquois on into the north end.
Post Sat May 15, 2010 9:16 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

east Side Crip stuff was showing up last summer near where Metawaunenee Hills wants their development. Newer stuff is ganster disciple. Hustle City gd's are near Mackin and Chevrolet across from the murder site of the 4 people last year.

Bloods are kind of betwwen these groups. Lots of potential for conflict.
Post Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Joel Feick
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team
FLINT (WJRT) -- (05/15/10) -- A Flint mother of two, who recently graduated from Mott Community College, died in a bizarre accident.

The incident all started in the 200 block of West Alma, near Martin Luther King, around 12:15 Saturday morning.

Police report the victim, 27-year-old Shareka Marshall of Flint, was standing in her driveway talking to a woman in her car when gunfire erupted nearby.

Both tried to escape the scene. Marshall tried to escape on foot and the driver in her car. Police report amidst the chaos, the driver accidentally ran over Marshall and dragged her a short distance. She died later Saturday afternoon at Hurley Medical Center.

Angela Marshall, the Victim's Mother, describes her take on incident. "Someone came out and opened fire and she must of tried to run, but got caught underneath the car. The car dragged her."

Marshall's Grandfather George Wallace is saddened by this tragedy that occurred so soon after a time of great celebration. "Very proud. She graduated two weeks ago and now she was studying for her masters. I'm hurt."

A candlelight vigil to remember Marshall will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday on West Alma in Flint, near where the accident occurred.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Post Sat May 15, 2010 8:43 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Joel Feick
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team
FLINT (WJRT) -- (05/15/10) -- A Flint mother of two, who recently graduated from Mott Community College, died in a bizarre accident.

The incident all started in the 200 block of West Alma, near Martin Luther King, around 12:15 Saturday morning.

Police report the victim, 27-year-old Shareka Marshall of Flint, was standing in her driveway talking to a woman in her car when gunfire erupted nearby.

Both tried to escape the scene. Marshall tried to escape on foot and the driver in her car. Police report amidst the chaos, the driver accidentally ran over Marshall and dragged her a short distance. She died later Saturday afternoon at Hurley Medical Center.

Angela Marshall, the Victim's Mother, describes her take on incident. "Someone came out and opened fire and she must of tried to run, but got caught underneath the car. The car dragged her."

Marshall's Grandfather George Wallace is saddened by this tragedy that occurred so soon after a time of great celebration. "Very proud. She graduated two weeks ago and now she was studying for her masters. I'm hurt."

A candlelight vigil to remember Marshall will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday on West Alma in Flint, near where the accident occurred.

A very,very sad story.. this young life, showing such promise,cut short..other lives so close to her forever deprived of her love and nurture.
My condolences to all those who knew her and grieve at her loss.
Post Sun May 16, 2010 7:13 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Michigan High Intensity Drug Trafἀcking Area Drug Market Analysis 2009
High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area et. 09. NATIONAL DRUG INTELLIGENCE CENTER ..... Flint distributors have their own sources out- side Michigan that supply them with wholesale ..... the area. Some street gangs operating in the region ...
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs32/32774/32774p.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

FANG - Flint Area Narcotics Group (Michigan) ... GIITEM - Gang and Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission (Arizona) GIT - Gang Impact Team ...
http://www.accuracyproject.org/PoliceAcronyms-US.html - 117k - Cached - Similar pages
Post Sun May 16, 2010 8:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

More shots fired last night. Residents on dayton say it is a daily occurence.
Post Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Starting up again.
Seneca & Dartmouth.
Adams - Oren - Bonbright area - found a pile of shell casings in a driveway.
Page & King - 2 suspects seen by caller.

All 3 in roughly 20 minutes.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon May 17, 2010 9:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Starting up again.
Seneca & Dartmouth.
Adams - Oren - Bonbright area - found a pile of shell casings in a driveway.
Page & King - 2 suspects seen by caller.

All 3 in roughly 20 minutes.

Gunshots ring out in Flint Monday nightMonday, May 17, 2010
Tags:flint, violence, local
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo
ABC12 News
FLINT (WJRT) -- (05/17/10)--Gunshots rang out in a neighborhood Monday night, sending two unsuspecting people to the hospital.

It happened shortly after 8 p.m. in the 1700 Block of Adams near the intersection of Martin Luther King Avenue and Welch Boulevard.

Police on the scene said the suspect opened fire, hitting two unintended targets -- a man who was out working in the yard who was hit in the leg and a woman who was on her porch nearby.

She was hit in the arm.

Both are expected to be OK. There is no word on any arrests.

Notice Adams had more than gun casings - 2 innicent victims
Post Tue May 18, 2010 1:20 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Starting early - shots fired, Adams & Paterson.

Post Tue May 18, 2010 6:10 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Ahh,, I should miss Flint! I love the smell of gun powder in the late evening/ ealry morning! Finding spent casings all over the street, seeing muzzle flashes in the early twilight! I am sniffing back the tears of memory. How come white folks could own guns for years and saw no need to fire them off but get some homies in the hoods and they gots to shoot off their Ak's and 9's at the drop of a Doo Rag?
Post Tue May 18, 2010 8:41 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Welch and MLK jeez I remember when it was Welch and Detroit St great area and no crime.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

The dam is cracking sooner than I had expected.How many shootings in Flint ( Deadwood North ) in the last 3 days? Is it 4 ? How many home invasions ? Check out mlive.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They don't report all the calls for shots fired, large fights, etc.

Post Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: