FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Today is the 65th anniversary of VE Day

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

65 years ago today, WWII in Europe ended. I salute all veterans, especially my dad, 2 uncles and 6 cousins that fought in WWII. They're all gone now, but will never be forgotten.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat May 08, 2010 8:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Same here Dave.

Post Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

If it were not for Veterans and the U.S. military, there would be no United States of America. Always have, and always will be a strong supporter of the U.S Military and those who have served. Only 2 defining forces have ever given their life for you. Jesus Christ, and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom !!!!

Post Mon May 10, 2010 10:30 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Kind of hard to believe that Sept 1 will be the 50th anniversary of my enlisting.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon May 10, 2010 11:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Oct 3rd will be my 30th year of enlisting. Man in went by fast.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 11:38 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It sure does. July 1 will be the 46th anniversary of my return from Vietnam. The "welcome" I received at the San Francisco airport as I waited for my flight home is one I won't forget.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 12:13 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

It was horrible how you guys were treated when you came home by the so called peace activist's. I for one appreciate your service to our country Dave. All Vietnam vets deserve to be treated with the utmost respect.

Post Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thats a fact and whats really discusting is the off spring of those asshole hippy jerks are now running the show in Washington and state governments all across the nation.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 7:23 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if the young hippie chick that followed me through the terminal calling me names is now a member of code pink. Or, is she a suburban matron & a pillar of her community?

Unrelated, but....... We once went to Ann Arbor to check out the used book stores. By coincidence, it was the day of the Hash Bash. As we were going back to the car, a couple of ladies dressed like 60's hippies were walking ahead of us to the same ramp. We watched them walk to their Beemer & drive off, probably back to their commune. Laughing

Post Thu May 13, 2010 8:34 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Beemers and old wornout hippies ya gotta love it. ill bet that smelly hippie chick who followed you probably had a half dozen crumb crunching little trolls who are now employed by acorn or some leftist blame America for all thats f---ed up in their lives outfit.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: