FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Master Plan

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

"Sec. 4-504 COMPREHENSIVE PLAN.
The Mayor shall propose and the City Council, after review by the Planning Commission, shall approve, with the modifications the Council deems necessary, a comprehensive plan of policies for the social, economic and physical development and conservation of the City."

This has not been done!

To see a pretty good master plan check out http://www.cityofportsmouth.com/masterplan/MasterPlanFinalComplete-Aug2005.pdf

To illistrate the need for a master plan the city of Camden New jersey went 25 years without a master plan revision. http://www.ci.camden.nj.us/economic/masterplan_main.html Perhaps that is how Camden became arguably the worst citiy to live in in the U.S. to live in?

One of the key components of a master plan is economic development. We have no master plan, no economic development plan that I am aware of and little economic development. What direction are we heading? We have no master plan to guide us. Is Flint Michigan going to be the next Camden NJ? We're already almost there.
Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:24 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: