FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Illegal dumping has hit epidemic levels.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Calls at city hall have been flooding in the last 3 weeks. Over 200 calls about illegal dumping have been taken.

Flint has always had illegal dumping problems for the last 30 years. However, under the last administration illegal dumping had declined to levels never seen before. Mayor Williamson made it easy to rid neighborhoods of unwanted trash/brush/debris. He even had a free dump site for residents to take their trash to free of charge. Now under the new 2 week trash pickup system residents are getting rid of it anyway they can.
Post Sun May 02, 2010 12:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling doesn't care. He has an agenda and he needs to make cuts in order to finance his plans. I just watched city council and Freeman asked the question that was on everyones lips, Does the Mayor have a plan and who is in charge of this plan? The answer is supposed to come at the council committee meeting on May 5.
Post Sun May 02, 2010 5:24 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Hey, I don't like Walling but here is a sad fact ..THE CITY IS BROKE!! Understand that people? BROKE!!
Post Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

we pay 3 mills for garbage pickup. We don't even vote on it. Something the state did.

Walling alleges that at some point the garbage pickup began to cost $20k more a month than was collected. He thenclaimed cuts would save a million a year. he can't spend the millage on anything other than garbage!
Post Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well, i currently have 5 grass bags in front of the house and within the next couple days will have another 7 or 8 NOT INCLUDING GARBAGE BAGS....will someone do something???? Shocked Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We're in the red area, and I was pleasantly surprised last week when all of our plastic & paper bags were picked up. We had 12 paper bags set out.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: