FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: one officer on duty for murder
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Murder call comes in, only 1 Flint officer on patrol
» NBC25 on Facebook
» Viewer Video
» Community Calendar

Make NBC25
Your Homepage

Photo: 1 of 3 See larger image Flint Police are investigating murder that happened Saturday morning.

By Lakiya Scott
Saturday, April 24, 2010 at 8:32 p.m.

Read more: Local, Crime, Flint Murder

Flint police are investigating a murder on the city's northside in the 13-hundred block of Chevrolet near Stevenson and Wolcott.

The Flint Crime Scene Investigation Unit responded to the call at approximately 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning.

Investigators said upon arrival, the body of an unidentified male was found near the home.

"We do have a potential suspect in custody who we will be talking to, as well as several witnesses," said Sergeant Leigh Golden.

In the meantime, Flint Police Officers Association Union President Keith Speer worried that the recent layoffs will result in an increase in similar crimes. He said there was only one police officer available at the time of the call, while others were present at a Crime Summit at Mott Community College.

"We have a homicide and there weren't any officers to send," said Speer.

He also addressed the city's Mayor with a question about the recent layoffs. "How can he in good conscience let the city be protected by such a small staff in such a violent town?"

Speer is concerned that with manpower this low, the job of officers is even more dangerous than it should be because officers are placed in situations to respond to violent crimes without enough backup.

"Anyone listening with a scanner would have heard on channel one--the supervisor telling the officer lay low--you're the only one out there," said Speer.

NBC25 contacted the mayor, but he had no comment this morning.

Anyone with information on the murder is asked to contact the Flint Police Department or to call Crime Stoppers.
SPONSORED CONTENT
Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:46 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Lots of wild rumors flying about this murder.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

In the meantime, Flint Police Officers Association Union President Keith Speer worried that the recent layoffs will result in an increase in similar crimes. He said there was only one police officer available at the time of the call, while others were present at a Crime Summit at Mott Community College.

"Anyone listening with a scanner would have heard on channel one--the supervisor telling the officer lay low--you're the only one out there," said Speer.

NBC25 contacted the mayor, but he had no comment this morning.

Why would Walling care? he's got 24/7 protection.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Look at today's Journal-Public safety and economic developmentt re his top priorities.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Where do my husband and I sign this recall petition? I will help circulate it and get more people to sign
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

It's amazing to me that there would be ONE officer responding. I am not doubting the capabilities of certain officers, but wouldn't evidence be compromised due to not preserving the crime scene? For instance, what if one the family members or a group wanted to see the deceased..can ONE officer handle both? I think not....
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:18 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I heard they had to call in overtime!
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Lots of wild rumors flying about this murder.

Flinttalk was tagged in a video by King Mondo on facebook. They show the crime scene in the video. Part of the message is 4 individuals tried to do a home invasion on a war veteran. (Vietnam if I remember correctly)
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:51 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They try a home invasion on this Vietnam vet & they'll be met by calibers of 45.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The only good home invader is a dead home invader sounds like this went from a homicide to an example of justfied self defense.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:58 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
The only good home invader is a dead home invader sounds like this went from a homicide to an example of justfied self defense.
Where's the story about what actually occurred?

Flint police identify homicide victim
By Allison Bush | The Flint Journal
April 25, 2010, 11:10AM
FLINT, Michigan — Flint police have identified the victim in a Saturday morning homicide as 30-year-old Daryl Leontis Barfield.

Police received a call at about 10 a.m. Saturday about a body in a driveway in the 1300 block of Chevrolet Avenue, according to a report.

It appears Barfield died from blunt force trauma , police said.

A suspect was arrested at the scene and is in custody, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to call Sgt. J. Leigh Golden at (810) 237-6944 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 422-JAIL.

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/04/flint_police_identify_homicide.html

Speculate all you want...driveway...blunt force. Add in what is available on court records... looks like a possible domestic gone wrong....
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

not far from a bar that has had attackers follow people home.

Only speculation came from a video made by someone who went to the site!
Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:21 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The story on the 10pm news on 66 last night gave the impression the blunt force trauma was administered with an axe.

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

KING MONDO TV:Vol Wake UP.02 [HQ]
I let the music do the talking in this one.Life imitates art and Art imitates life...Also.Artwork by Michael Wead and ARMANDO of FLINT MICH. NEWS FLASH!! word on the street says,"4 teens attempted to pull a home invasion on a Vietnam vet and was met with d...ire consequences .they were all held at gun point by the vet, all were then shot,dismembered and decapitated .it was only when a neighbor spotted the man getting rid of the body parts were the police notified ,some say she held him at gun point till the police arrived..but thats the "word on the street.and we all know how that goes. INCREASE THE PEACE!!
See More
Length: 3:36

Rap artist Raphael Robinson
Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:28 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.wnem.com/video/23263324/index.html
Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: