FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint City hall-Hostile Work environment
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

All of city hall is buzzing about Greg Eason and his newest temper tantrum. Not only did he hire two cronies for DCED he took away the supervisory responsibilities of the current Local 1799 employees in depatment of community and Economic Development. He threatened them with firing if they went to Civil service or the union. They need to get a lawyer and file for relief from this tyrant. Sounds like Jobs central all over.

Watch Flint lose even more federal money as Eason is trying his best to micromanage the department. Anticipate more then one complaint to the Office of Inspector General (OIG) over the way Eason and the aministration are mismanaging these funds. Not everyone knows that the OIG has been in the municipal center for nearly a year and they are preparing a second OIG audit report.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:24 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

The man is a time bomb waiting to go off. People at city hall are very concerned with is eradic behavior.
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
The man is a time bomb waiting to go off. People at city hall are very concerned with is eradic behavior.

How Walling an allow this man to harangue and abuse the staff of DCED for about 2 hours is beyond me. And this is after Walling berated Williamson for similar behavior. You could eventually disagree with Williamson but you could never tell Eason he was wrong.

People who have been in meeting with Eason and staff from Parks and Rec have said how Eason verbally abused Marcus Randolph.
Yes Mole you are right and the man is a time bomb.

Tuesday Eason was so angry about Monday nights council that he started vomiting and was sent home.

Seems like Averyhardt was hired and Eason was afraid to bring him on. Averyhardt resigned from Salem Housing and was told after the council meeting Monday that he couldn't get the position he was promised. He has allegedly returned to Salem.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:16 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um...a man that vomits when he gets upset? Not good.

Unfortunately it appears that a hostile workplace is not covered under fed. statute, but it has to be precipitated by "regular" discriminatory practices....

BUT, it's in the best interest of the jurisdiction or corporation to thwart employee turnover due to the "bad boss" as it costs more money....get rid of the bad boss and you'll have happier employees....simple, right? Too much common sense though, eh?

No one can get any work done under inept, ruckus causing management. Simple as that. I have a feeling that the production of work is going to go downhill and fast if something is not corrected.....again, too much common sense...

might as well keep him and keep the turnover rate high...why not? /sarcasm off.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There are elements of age discrimination, race discrimination (Eason and Poplar appear to hire only black employees) as well as labor contract violstions.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

All of the affected employees are female.
Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:04 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Didn't he almost get fired from his last job for the same thing?
Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

yes he settled 2 sexual harassment cases while with jobs Central.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:51 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

exactly!
why aren't people digging this info up and putting out for the public to see.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
yes he settled 2 sexual harassment cases while with jobs Central.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

GENESEE COUNTY JDF SCAO LINE 110

P 001 JACKSON,SANDRA,R VS D 001 JOBS CENTRAL,,
ATY:MUAWAD,BRIAN E. ATY:ROSENTHAL,ERIC
P-41209 586-778-8570 P-24816 313-596-9314
DISPOSITION 04/30/96 DMO
SERVICE/ANS 07/25/95 ANS

D 002 EASON,GREGORY,
ATY:ROSENTHAL,ERIC
P-24816 313-596-9314
DISPOSITION 04/30/96 DMO
SERVICE/ANS 06/26/95 ROS

D 003 FOSTER,JACQUELINE,
P-24816 313-596-9314

GENESEE COUNTY JDF SCAO LINE 110

P 001 JACKSON,SANDRA,R VS D 001 JOBS CENTRAL,,
ATY:MUAWAD,BRIAN E. ATY:ROSENTHAL,ERIC
P-41209 586-778-8570 P-24816 313-596-9314
DISPOSITION 04/30/96 DMO
SERVICE/ANS 07/25/95 ANS

D 002 EASON,GREGORY,
P-24816 313-596-9314
DISPOSITION 04/30/96 DMO
SERVICE/ANS 06/26/95 ROS

D 003 FOSTER,JACQUELINE,
P-24816 313-596-9314

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

One of my old teachers,the always smiling Mr C. had on his wall "When in trouble,when in doubt,run in circles,scream and shout",I've seen lots of folk since my school days who do just that.
It looks to me like Flint City government is unraveling.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There appears to be a movement of Flint residents who want Eason and Poplar gone!

Many years ago Mike Brown was in DCED. He cut the pay levels of 7 employees, however only the males had theirs restored. The women fought and won. The staff here will also win if they can persevere.

Eason is so convinced that leaks are coming from this office that he is willing to destroy everything and every body in this office except his hand picked cronies.

Eason told council more than once that he was in charge of DCED. That puts him directly in line to take the blaame for the loss of the Smith village and University Park Homeownership Zone and the repayment of $1.2 million. He will also be responsible for future losses of federal HUD dollars.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
There appears to be a movement of Flint residents who want Eason and Poplar gone!

Many years ago Mike Brown was in DCED. He cut the pay levels of 7 employees, however only the males had theirs restored. The women fought and won. The staff here will also win if they can persevere.

Eason is so convinced that leaks are coming from this office that he is willing to destroy everything and every body in this office except his hand picked cronies.

Eason told council more than once that he was in charge of DCED. That puts him directly in line to take the blaame for the loss of the Smith village and University Park Homeownership Zone and the repayment of $1.2 million. He will also be responsible for future losses of federal HUD dollars.

Oh boy,, but since Eason is who he is ( and the color he is) they will find someone else to hang out to dry. Walling had to give that job to Eason , otherwise Flint would be burning faster than it is now.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:48 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Hahah webs you would be much more interesting if you had any credibility. Weren't you the one who said walling was "trying to shut down Hoffman's"? Then when I asked the owners of Hoffman's, they said that was a complete lie. Hmm someone loves creating non-existent controversy.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

NOT ME MUNNBRESLIN- GOT YOUR PEOPLE MIXED UP. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT HOFFMAN'S

quote:
munnbreslin schreef:
Hahah webs you would be much more interesting if you had any credibility. Weren't you the one who said walling was "trying to shut down Hoffman's"? Then when I asked the owners of Hoffman's, they said that was a complete lie. Hmm someone loves creating non-existent controversy.
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: