FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sally Haywood is making the city lose millions?????

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

Flint may lose millions in grant money

By Dawn Jones
Flint (WJRT) -- (10/20/05)-- Flint City Council leaders say nearly $5 million in federal grants are in danger of going back to the government because of possible irregularities in the city's Grants Division.

The first of two investigative hearings into the matter was held today at City Hall.

The money involved was to go to local non-profit agencies, but it hasn't been used.

City Council members say former Contract Compliance Officer Sally Haywood may be responsible for the problem.

Councilman Josh Freeman posed this question during today's hearing. "Why are you putting $4.671 million in jeopardy of going back to the federal government?"

Haywood was the city's Contract Compliance Officer in 2004. That's when she investigated and monitored a number of local agencies. The council says, in her reports to the Mayor, she alleged that a number of these agencies were in violation.

According to council members, the mayor used the reports to deny those agencies funding.

They say those funds have still not been used and may be taken away. "I have never ever known a contract compliance officer to ever do any monitoring of Block Grant funds. That's always been the responsibility of the monitors that work in Department of Community and Economic Development," said Councilman Scott Kincaid. "She clearly doesn't understand what a contract compliance officer is."

The Mayor did not attend today's hearing, which is scheduled to continue tomorrow.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Hey Webs, how do you compare the crisis back when we had Sally Haywood doing things with Federal and State money under Mayor Williamson, compared to Tracy Atkinson and Wendy Johnson in the current administration???

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 am 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

They mayor never attends unless beer or liquor are involved. Or its a ribbon cutting or tree lighting ceremony.

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pachuco
where are the documents showing that the money was lost? Council hated Williamson and spent thousands on unproductive hearings. Kate Fields of GECA and Freeman were and are good friends. He was on her board as President for a number of years. He and fields chased Tamar Lewis at Bishop airport creating an incident.

Council went through the budget more than once to lay Haywood and others in Williamsons administration off , delaying investigations. There were some in that council that were actively involved in corrupt activities.Reports went to the FBI then and more will go now.

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Pachuco
hundreds of copies of the letter from HUD where Atkinson and Walling administration lost $1.2 million for Smith Village because they did not dialogue with HUD are being distributed.

Williamson threw Jeanette Haris of the HUD office out of his office and these threats were the result! None of the money was lost because Williamson brought in Nancy Jerkiewicz.The draw downs exceeded what HUD requested.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

By Dawn Jones
Flint (WJRT) -- (10/20/05)--

Pachuco You are laughable! You will never find an article that shows those monies were lost!
What about the 25-35 million in stimulus money Flint stands to lose because of Wallings incompetance and his incompetant leadership in DCED.

Don't worry people are filing FOIAs with HUD to get the real picture. Walling never told council about the lost $1,2 million. The actual document hit the street today! All he had to do was work with them and dialogue.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

That's part of Walling's problem. He doesn't diaglogue with anyone. He just runs around willy nilly. Somebody needs to set him straight. He is clueless.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:21 am 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

nope walling don't care

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: