FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor cancels layoffs - saves police & fire jobs!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

April 1, 2010
Later today, Mayor Walling will announce the recall of all laid off Police and Fire personnel and the reopening of the 2 closed fire stations. He will tell the citizens he feels their pain, and has found a way to fund these essential departments. Effective immediately, he, and all his appointees, will work for $1.00 per year with no benefits. The money saved will be more that sufficient to pay the Police & Fire personnel, and possibly reinstate weekly trash collection.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
April 1, 2010
Later today, Mayor Walling will announce the recall of all laid off Police and Fire personnel and the reopening of the 2 closed fire stations. He will tell the citizens he feels their pain, and has found a way to fund these essential departments. Effective immediately, he, and all his appointees, will work for $1.00 per year with no benefits. The money saved will be more that sufficient to pay the Police & Fire personnel, and possibly reinstate weekly trash collection.

Let me guess Dave! An Aprils fool cruel hoax on your part!

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Cruel? No. Hoax? Walling is one.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

LMAO

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
April 1, 2010

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: