FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: House Catches fire in Flint you will DIE!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Can't Flint handle a house fire without mutual aid?

FLINT (WJRT) -- (03/14/10) -- Flint firefighters battled a house fire Sunday morning on Bagley Street, near Woodbridge and Perry.

The fire started around 4:30 in the kitchen and quickly spread throughout the two-story home.

The Mount Morris Fire Department helped to put out the fire.

The Red Cross has been called in to help the homeowner.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

And we need more help because of faulty equipment and hydrants!

FLINT (WJRT) -- (03/13/10) -- A major industrial fire occurred in Flint Saturday night.

Fire crews battled the fire on Western Road near Layton.

The Stephenson and Sons Roofing Company began burning at 8:30 p.m.

Firefighters had to wait to get hydrants in the area to work, then mutual aid was called in. Aerial crews from Clio and Davison went to the scene.

A fire official reported that because so much water was needed, crews were delayed at first, but eventually hydrants were able to pump out water.

When crews arrived on the scene, over half the warehouse was already burning. Since the other half the building was not in flames, workers hurried to get trucks, computers and other office equipment out.

Traffic in the area of Western and Richfield was congested and Western Road briefly closed.

The future of the Stephenson and Sons Roofing Company is uncertain.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:58 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Once the layoffs take place, they'll be calling for mutual aid for every fire.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

It was published in the Flint Journal that out county area fire departments can't pick up the slack for Flint. The taxpayers of other cities/townships won't allow mutual help to be a "common occurrence."

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Once the layoffs take place, they'll be calling for mutual aid for every fire.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

See, all this pessimism here is disturbing. Flint has an assett which most are overlooking. With all these drunks walking around drinking 40 ouncers we have at our disposal virtually legions of "patrolling firefighters" . Think of it! They live in the neighborhoods, they are already largely sudsidized through tax payer funds ( or should I say "sud si dized" ) , they usally are present at fire damn near every fire site I have came across when I lived in Flint. Think of them as "first responders" now. They can spring into action, urinating on the fires , killing two birds with one stone ( and perhaps passing a few kidney stones) and relieving the strain on their over burdened bladders. Now they are no longer just drunks but now "contributing citizens" Little expense to the city, they are already consuming the large qualities of beer already, they are being supported by tax payers already. And they would be acting out what in reality what the mayor is doing in a figuartive sene. That is trying to win a pissing contest.
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:27 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Some of the outbound jurisdictions are feeling the pinch of "their own" also, due to cutbacks and tax decreases due to falling home prices.

If one jurisdiction can't take care of their own how can they help another? This the thing that pisses me off. I don't want to see anyone have a fire in their house, I can't imagine having all of my belongings go up in smoke, nor mine...

What can be done? The outbound jurisdictions have pretty much told the Mayor/City of Flint..."you're gonna be hosed if you don't keep your firefighters"...dunno
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 am 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
See, all this pessimism here is disturbing. Flint has an assett which most are overlooking. With all these drunks walking around drinking 40 ouncers we have at our disposal virtually legions of "patrolling firefighters" . Think of it! They live in the neighborhoods, they are already largely sudsidized through tax payer funds ( or should I say "sud si dized" ) , they usally are present at fire damn near every fire site I have came across when I lived in Flint. Think of them as "first responders" now. They can spring into action, urinating on the fires , killing two birds with one stone ( and perhaps passing a few kidney stones) and relieving the strain on their over burdened bladders. Now they are no longer just drunks but now "contributing citizens" Little expense to the city, they are already consuming the large qualities of beer already, they are being supported by tax payers already. And they would be acting out what in reality what the mayor is doing in a figuartive sene. That is trying to win a pissing contest.

I would piss on walling face

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:55 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

watch for an announcement today about a department caving in to Walling. Rumors have it being the fire department. Eason did not submit a budget amendment citing a major change with one department.

Did Raul get a retirement deal on his military time?
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Raul only care about his self
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:35 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:

Now that's funny!

Thomas Jefferson
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:47 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Thanks CC, glad I amuse someone from time to time. I mean other than the normal stuff I get people stirred up with. But don't worry, this is be no means an indication of a "kinder" and " gentler" 1pissedoffguy. Got to too much here in town to take shots (in a figuartive sense) at. And with Walling and his "posse" in power I got lots of things to take aim at.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:58 pm 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They're closed. There was a house fire on Chevrolet, near Paterson yesterday. With station 3 at King & Welch closed, it took quite a bit longer for trucks to get there which caused more damage. A fire fighter told the next door neighbor: "You'll all be in real trouble starting Wednesday".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: