FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Should Central H.S. be sold to Powers,pro or con ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

My thought is that this should be done while the property is still saleable.There is a window of opportunity that may close (if it has not already done so). Let's put the building and the funds to use.The education of our children.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I agree, I think Powers should be allowed to purchase Central.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:13 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Hello Neighbors...

does any feel angry that the flint school board denied powers bid to buy the abandoned central high school?

if powers were able to purchase central high school, it would bring more good families to this area and revitalized our neighborhood and even push the bad element out of this neighborhood...

is there a way for us as a community to protest this decision by the flint school board and possibly lure powers back into rejuvenating central high school?

otherwise the abandoned central high school will fall to ruin and invite more of the bad criminal element into our backyards...

a concerned neighbor...
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Subject: Re: [ccnaflint] central high school
Date: 3/12/2010 5:17:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

I agree with Jim!!! It's in the best location and Flint Schools need to renovate & reopen for an amazing 21st Century school. Located in the heart of the Cultural Center there are so many opportunities for our students...
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 am 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Derrick Please stop posting private info (especially addresses) of College Cultural Residents on this site! This issue has been brought up, please stop!
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cathy Lancaster does not want her yahoo forum re-posted here . Stop!

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

It's not private! I live in the neighborhood and am a member of the group
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:31 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Okay, this is rather pointless to debate this issue when the info I heard is that Powers is going to move the Southern part of the county. I wish Williamson had approached them with the idea of moving into the old Central location but like always, the "leaders' missed the boat. Come to think of it, it wouldnt be the mayor who would do this, it would probably be the School Board. Anyway , from what I heard, case is closed, Central remains empty . Maybe Mott or UofM Flint would want to use it for something. Central had a fair auditorium and theatre area and UofM was looking at the Capital in downtown Flint, why not Central for that auditroium? Just a suggestion. Central has a good sized parking lot, isnt that far from UofM and is also very close to the FIM and the DeWaters center. Central did have a cafeteria area, if that is still there a food service area could be placed there. And the old radio station space could be made into a station for UofM Flint and perhaps Mott, they could create a real good Communications program there between the two schools.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:46 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Subject: Re: [ccnaflint] central high school
Date: 3/12/2010 11:57:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

If Powers moved to the College Cultural Neighborhood it would help improve property values and it would inject some disposable income into the area. Powers would renovate and preserve the architecture of the school, lots of the parents would probably invest in the neighborhood too.

I say you should come together and push that idea. We all know the track record of Flint Community Schools. If you wait too long you may lose that gem forever.

Ryan Eashoo
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:02 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Cathy Lancaster does not want her yahoo forum re-posted here . Stop!

she don't own it
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:02 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You are treading on thin ice Derrick...if someone has asked you NOT to repost their e-mail address than you must oblige. A couple of times more and you may just fall under the classification of cyber stalker.

She, if she runs the yahoo group then she can cancel your account at any time. Although I would highly recommend that she delete her personal e-mails associated with her communications.

Derrick, you may want to review the yahoo.com terms of service.

Here is a good quote: "One of the staunchest rules of forum etiquette is not posting personal information about another poster. Even if that poster has all but drawn a map to his house, posting a real name or address is considered grounds for a permanent ISP ban on most forums. This could compromise someone's safety. This is probably the most serious breach of forum etiquette and most moderators take it very seriously."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-forum-etiquette.htm

I used to moderate at about.com....your butt would have been banned long ago...
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

At first I thought we were being told not talk about this issue,which of course pissed me off, but if what we are being told is not to post others posters contact information then I can see how that would be wrong. Nobody has a right to "out" someone here , either by trying to find out their real names if they use fake ones ( like my "1pissedoffguy" moniker) . I think giving out somebody else's personal information is good reason for that rat who does that to get themselves a good ass beating.
Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:31 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

tear it down

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Flint Board of Education must pay for maintenance on all of these abandoned buildings. Grants should be found to tear some of them down.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:13 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i cannot even fathom a valid reasom the flint school board would deny the sale of flint central to powers. i think it is a great idea to bring more good folks into the area, not to mention the cultural area!!! i still remember my first several times in the planetarium!!!! i also had a fantastic art teacher (1965-1966) at whittier who truly opened my eyes to making sculptures and other pieces out of clay wich we'd take to the art building to be kilned (a sweet kindly motherly elderly white lady whom i still apprciate), surely there is a way to overule that insane decision or at least make the board publish the reason they'd make such an insane decision!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by back again on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: