FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FlintTalkRadio - Interview with Keith Speer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Plus he has Dawn Jones who can help him soft pedal the issues on their televised radio show from WFLT.

Bu he way what ever happened to the settlement from Comcast that was to help build a public tv studio. Jones was said by Eason to be in charge of that. Could the money be going to produce the Mayor's show. Somebody has to pay Paul Herring.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
TheDonSupporter schreef:
Why would Dawn Jones quit ABC12 to work for the city of Flint?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Do you seriously believe she makes more with the city than ABC12? Wowww
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Do you seriously believe she makes more with the city than ABC12? Wowww

She does make more with the City of Flint for sure, $85,000 + full benefits
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Cathy Shafran told me 12 didn't pay wel, but that was before her increased dutiesl. This is a jumping off point for many young tv announcers.

yeah i think she makes a lot more in the city than with 12.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:31 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do a FOIA if you want to know!

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Channel 12 is not a public institution and is not required to respond to a FOIA. They only have to make their election files open to the public.
Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Channel 12 is not a public institution and is not required to respond to a FOIA. They only have to make their election files open to the public.

The City!!

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Do a FOIA if you want to know!

We know she makes 85k, its been done already. However we don't know what she made at ABC 12 news.
Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

You can call it whatever you want but we want to get the information out to the public. We have a very loyal base of listeners and new ones find us and tune in every week. At least the Unions are willing to have open non restricted dialogue at anytime. Unfortunately I can't same the same for this current administration.

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

quote:
City of Flint to pay $300,000 in police officer's discrimination suit
By Kristin Longley
August 31, 2009, 3:53PM
FLINT -- The city of Flint will have to shell out more than $300,000 from a discrimination suit related to former Mayor Don Williamson's controversial Citizens Service Bureau.

The amount owed by the city has more than doubled from the $131,000 in damages awarded earlier this month to police Officer Keith Speer.

In addition to that judgment, the city also will have to pay $167,500 in attorney fees plus interest, Genesee County Circuit Court Judge Judith Fullerton ruled Monday.

Speer is one of 48 white police officers who sued the city after Williamson formed a special unit mostly with black officers, said Speer's attorney Glen Lenhoff.

Lenhoff said the case could have settled for $60,000 -- a fifth of the final tab -- but the city's legal team in the Williamson administration rejected the settlement. Instead the city is paying the damages to Speer plus $300 to $350 an hour to cover attorney fees and other related costs.

Flint's new City Attorney, Peter Bade, was unable to be reached Monday. He has said that the city generally needs to do a better job of evaluating the liability and potential damages of cases.

He said he plans to form a litigation team to evaluate cases from a variety of perspectives.

"Some cases were not well evaluated in terms of the risk to the city," he said, declining to name specific cases. "The city spent an enormous time litigating things that should have been resolved a long time ago."

A jury ruled earlier this month that the city discriminated against Speer in 2006 when it formed the Citizens Service Bureau.

The special unit was disbanded in March 2008, but not before a wave of discrimination lawsuits were filed. Four of the five officers Williamson chose for the group were black. The fifth was a white woman.

Speer's lawsuit was the first to reach a verdict. The other suits are pending in federal court, Lenhoff said.

Among other claims, the officers allege the mayor created the unit to quell criticism about the lack of women and minorities in leadership positions.

Williamson declined to comment when reached Monday, but in testimony denied intentionally hiring black officers to the unit.

I wonder how many officers that could of payed for...
Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:39 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:32 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

your show today sucked, nobody even watches you
Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Ryan Eashoo Show 3-18-10 Flint resident Tim Monahan, talking about the proposed Flint Police and Flint Firefighter's layoff

http://www.flinttalkradio.com/?q=node/606

Post Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: