FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Wow. They are doing a First Class job here

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Look at the quality of this website.

www.TellWallingNo.com
Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
Look at the quality of this website.

www.TellWallingNo.com

Okay,, again I ask, why did people want Williamson out of office? Smart guy Walling isn't all he is cracked up to be. But hey, bet you got straight A's throughout school , so give the boy a gold star and a pat on his head and send his ass heading to D.C where he wants to be anyway. And let's see if we can get that cranky old business guy back. Come on Don, your city needs you.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:16 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

wha?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:29 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Walling is worse!
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:52 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
wha?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What part of the post do you not understand here BA? Walling is failing , miserably. Willamson is a business man. He was mayor of Flint, people ,wanted him out. Golden boy Dayne Walling, Rhode's Scholar and slick willy clone got elected. Walling is laying off cops and firefighters. Walling now HIRING more suits to sit asses in seats at City Hall while city goes without cops and firefighthers. Cops and firefighters needed more in a dying city than people wearing suits and sitting on their asses at desks in City Hall. Citizens of city outraged by mayor's actions. I stated ( rhetorically, but you may have to look up that word) that Williamson is needed for the city.
Okay, understand now? I see the difficulty you may be having though, little smiley faces don't quite sum up complex thoughts BA, I am sorry, but I did try to find the right faces in the list but none in any series of arrangement seemed to convey what I wanted to say. Sorry to have put you in such a state of confusion.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:37 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

I'll agree that the city is dieing.If it were a business it would need start up capital,If it were a patient it would be on life support.But it is a city that has dwindling resources and projected revenue that will not support even the minimum services necessary for the quality of government that we are used to or need.
As I think everyone can see,Flint came to this condition over a period of decades.The causes were numerous and cascading..the loss of GM being #1 .We need jobs in Flint ,and anything that does not promote that is BS.
Did we demand enough of our leaders ? I don't think so.The last Mayor I was realy happy with was Jim Rutherford.He made some hard decisions . Leaders don't govern by opinion polls. Leaders walk point .
But they do listen to the voices of those behind them.They don't waste resources .I don't believe the present Mayor understands those fundamental points.
Flint will not survive without adequate Police and Fire protection.It will bring more job loss.Thats the bottom line .
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE schreef:
Flint will not survive without adequate Police and Fire protection.It will bring more job loss.Thats the bottom line .

Who in their right mind would want to move, or bring a business, to a city with NO police of fire protection? The only thing Walling cares about is surrounding himself with cronies that will insulate him from the real world. He'll use the money "saved" by these cuts to hire more cronies.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

This city is a joke.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Again, why did people want to get rid of Williamson? We got ourselves a real winner in Walling. I (we) gave him a chance, he has started to make some stupid decisions. I can see if he made cuts in police and fire if it had to be done, that may be a reality we have to live with. But adding more people to the payroll who typically have no impact upon the lives of the average citizen, will serve no function that will help the people of Flint directly or really indirectly , makes no sense. A Communications person, at the rate of pay this one is now getting, is not justifiable when other more essential services are being axed.Perhaps the unions would have to make concessions, that is up to them, their members and the city officals. But to ask the providers of essential services to take sever cuts THEN hiring other people who get paid too much just is not logical. And I don't care if the funding come from other sources, use whatever comes in to maintain essential services ,not for hiring more suits who go to lunch with Walling . From what I have seen, Walling is always out to lunch.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:04 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

I agree,too many making decisions that have lived only in neat and isolated cubicles.A few days working in an inner city ER would be an education.
Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:14 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

1pissedoffguy,

You and I have had our share of disagreements over the las few months, but you hit the nail on the head with this one. Walling has lost touch with reality.

But I don't just blame him. City Council is given the power to check some of the things he is doing, but so far they just keep asking questions and complaining about what Walling is doing. They need to take it to the next level. TAKE ACTION! When Walling is doing things to violate the charter, force him to comply. In the charter it states that if Council won't do it, the Citizens can take the matter to court to force compliance. If I had the money, they would be sitting in front of a judge, and several illegal appointees would be unemployed. Even Wendy Johnson, who was approved (FOOLISHLY in my opinion), is not legal until 30 days after her approval.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:19 pm 
DonQuixote
F L I N T O I D

Hey P.O. astoundingly, I agree with you, except for The Don. Concerned, you bring up a great point about our wonderful(?) city council. They can cry "woe is the city" all they want, but they HAVE TO SHARE THE BLAME! The are resembling dayne's "suits" more and more. The whole idea behind a strong mayor, and city council, is checks and balances. The voters may start to take their frustration with dayne out on the council, since they are NOT fulfilling their role either.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I wish we had williamson back.. holy shit i can't believe i just said that.

that old crabby man got stuff done.
Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: