FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dayne Walling failed us on snow plowing
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

The calls into (810) 766-7346 ( the mayors office ) are coming in at a record pace today. People are pissed off that the roads aren't being plowed quick enough. Sadly the mayor has cut the staff and overtime that Flint roads are the worst in terms of getting cleared off. Keep the calls coming into the mayors office, complain about it. You don't have to give your name.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

when is the last time the roads have been plowed quickly in this town? It was this way long before Walling came into office.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:24 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thank God my son is out of the Neuro ICU at Hurley, so I don't need to travel up there, but may have to travel for deliveries...thanks for the warning....sigh...
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Holy crap andi hope your son is OK. Shocked

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Main rods, even in the north end are clear, Side roads aren't too bad.

Mole how come you know how many calls are coming into Mayors office?
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm 
Furnitureguy
F L I N T O I D

Its so bad, I just got stuck with a front wheel drive on the bottom of the hill on Hawthorne Drive in Woodcroft. This mayor sucks.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:35 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Wow really? Where I live roads don't get plowed for at least 3 days after a storm, GET OVER IT! The city has a deficit, this is going to happen. I cant believe your complaining about this only 12 hours after the snowing stopped. You people complaining are either spoiled beyond belief or just lazy, I cant figure out which one.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

andi, you are one strong lady..... Cool Cool in my neighborhood, and i'm talking the 60s to current there were always 4 or 5 guys who had full size 4x4 pickups who got together and simply whacked out a street or 2 for the hell of it. find a couple of those guys, pool some cash and do what ya gotta do! i sure made good cash!!! it was a block club type of thing. our town is experiencing financial problems just like most other post-industrial towns but one thing is for sure. bcause i was born and live here i will contribute as much as i can, we are all in this together... Confused

Last edited by back again on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Exactly back again! People can take care of it on your own! My neighbor plows our road.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Heck, I was all over Flint during the last snowstorm, drove like a granny and still had problems with the brakes, even in downtown Flint with the bricks. Not exactly conducive to winter driving AT ALL!!!

MunnBreslin, the streets that you live on people give a crap. It's those of us traveling on the side streets delivering to people that reside on the streets where the majority of the vacant houses are that are not plowed.

Thanks BackAgain. Planning a trip out to Cali soon, probably within the next 4 mos. Are you still gonna be out there? Bro in Hollywood and friends in SanDiego and cousins and Aunt and Uncle way in the north....WOOT.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
munnbreslin schreef:
Wow really? Where I live roads don't get plowed for at least 3 days after a storm, GET OVER IT! The city has a deficit, this is going to happen. I cant believe your complaining about this only 12 hours after the snowing stopped. You people complaining are either spoiled beyond belief or just lazy, I cant figure out which one.

Do they have indoor plumbing and electricity where you live? Wink I was happy the city has already plowed the key area of the city. Smile
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

actually andi, if all goes as planned i may go to soutern illinois. theres no work here and i'm done with my welding certs. time to make some money!! i will let you know if my plans change. i'll buy the beer and wings!!! Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

silly...you wouldn't need to buy me wings, I'd fly out there myself.....<insert ditzy laugh here> Smile
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing o.k. you win! Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wait till everyone is forced into a gore or obama mobile you think you got problems now. Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: