FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 2007 Mayoral Elections
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

Norman R. Bryant has thrown his hat in the mayorial ring.

Anyone know of him?

The streets that have been paved have had numerous complaints for shoddy work.
Graffiti that was addressed during a campaign was not followed up on with a city backed program for continued eradication. good but not lasting... bandaids will not buy my vote for the city or the schools.
Long term strategic plan!
It took years to build community involvement in clean-ups with CNTF. That program has been discontinued due to politics.

RAP
Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:19 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

On the news it said Bryant is 70 years old. I guess he did some work with Atwood stadium and he's a community activist. In my area it seems we're losing the battle on Graffiti. Even on Dort Highway there is now major graffiti. I'm not an expert on paving streets but I think what we mainly have done is resurfacing which is cheaper and not as good but is probably what we have to do. Clack told me he wasn't going to run and I've heard that Inez Brown might run. I'm hoping the council will decide to uphold the charter like it has the ability to do. That would force a master plan, police chief, chief planner, full planning commision etc. or result in the removal from office.
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:22 am 
brian

I say yes to dale weighill for mayor.. and what a great website... www.anewflint.org
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:31 pm 
Josh

I SAY VOTE FOR DALE.. GREAT WEBSITE.. GOOD GUY!
HE IS ALWAYS OUT VOLUNTEERING. HE HAS NO FLINTCLUB PAC.
PAC ='s Political Action Committee
Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:29 pm 
james

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-39/116170320234250.xml?fljournal?NEF&coll=5

check this out

Dale K. Weighill, president and CEO of the Resource Center, plans to formally announce he will run for mayor of Flint next week. His campaign kickoff is planned for 11 a.m. Nov. 4 at Mott Community College's Regional technology Center.

Other already announced candidates include Norm Bryant, a barbershop owner, and Dayne Walling, president of the Flint Club and research fellow at the Genesee County Land Bank
Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:57 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow those are some real winners!!

The Barber gets my vote, at least he has businesses experience.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
jason

Um last time i checked a CEO was the head of a business.... as in CEO and president of the resource center.
Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 pm 
Larry

well you guys know i drive a dump truck for a asphalt company
so heres something i know because i have seen it i do it i know
now i only have done residential and parking lot work because i
work for a residential company but i do have a clue from what i saw
driving around town the crews did good work the bottom layer of pavement as i understand it on street work is used as a base like when they did lewis st they took it to the bricks also thats what i saw on Averill i think it was and court and 5th were total redos thanks keep talking
Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:45 pm 
Chad

Dale Weighill for mayor..
Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 am 
jason

this saturday at 11 am at the Mott Regional Tech Center, dale weighill has his announcement for mayor... come hear him.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:57 pm 
Shawn

Dayne is a someone who couldn't do a good job as mayor. He has already proven to be self interest only. A.K.A The flint club.

Ingrid is right about him, I think he should go back to his ivy league school.
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:16 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Dales announcement speech as a success. The auditorium was packed as well as channel 12 and 25 attending and running nice spots at noon 6 and 7pm saturday... i say bravo
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: