FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: From Wallings twits
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

"# Finishing signing layoff notices for appointees as we ready for 12 days without pay between feb and end of june"

How about some permanent layoffs for your appointees? Or will you just stick it to the lower level employees?

Don't worry about your reelection; you won't be in office long enough for that.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

M-Live said it was a "precautionary" move. It was done in case the unions cannot figure out an alternative. Got mine today! Woo HOO!!
Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some people are getting laid off who are not paid out of the general fund, such as DCED. Sanitation workers have a millage.

I watched Channel 2 where Ficano was doing the same thing except with furlow days. The employees were planning a lawsuit citing unfair labor practices.

What struck me was the similarity of the complaint about Ficano's appointees and their high salaries who were not being affected. Walling and his appointees took a 5% cut; he wants the police and fire to take a 15% cut; and he wants 12 furlow days for everyone else.

In the meantime he is:

1) expanding the number of mini-stations to have one per ward. Remember each one requires services and much that will not be donated such as phones, alarms, supplies etc. The Police dept. has trouble getting and keeping volunteers now. I know individuals who have waited 6 months to be processed as mini-station volunteers. Who are the officers that will be working out of these mini-stations?

2) expanding the human relations office into the community centers. Will he attempt to do this with volunteers. Who has liability if a volunteer makes a mistake or breaches confidentiality? Who will supervise them. The last I knew there was only two employees in that dept. Water affidavits will still have to go downtown.
Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:07 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Walling youve done a great job so far! Layoffs are needed. How these flinttalk trolls dont get basic economics amazes me, but keep doing what your doing. They have managed to make opening community centers and ministations bad. You flinttalk people are hilarious. God forbid youll have to do things on your own! Sorry the government isnt your babysitter. As much as Dave Starr and untanglingwebs wants flint to take care of every single problem that will ever arise absolutely perfectly, its not gonna happen. The government is here to provide a BASIC structure for INDIVIDUALS to take care fo their own problems. And again, when you have negative dollars, volunteers are important. How do you all not get this?
Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Obviously, you've never heard of equality of sacrifice. Walling's numerous appointees get cut 5%, while he wants 15% cuts from the workers. How is this fair?

" As much as Dave Starr and untanglingwebs wants flint to take care of every single problem that will ever arise absolutely perfectly, its not gonna happen. The government is here to provide a BASIC structure for INDIVIDUALS to take care of their own problems. "

All I want from Flint Government is a reasonable level of services. Pick up the garbage, maintain the infrastructure & have a decent level of public safety. Walling obviously doesn't care about protecting the citizens with a well staffed police department, hence the taglines.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

munn did Walling pay you? Is you boy Walling literate? If so why can't he do his job?
Post Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:34 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Well I'll say it, since no one else wants to. It will be portrayed as being elitist, but who cares... Ok if the city want to attract department heads/professional appointees with moderate- to strong educational backgrounds and with experience, why would they cut their salaries by a whooping 15-25%? The Mayor actually on his own voluntarilly cut 5% of his appointee's pay. Customer service, secretaries, garbagemen etc. many, if not all require no degree. I would rather have a pay cut then no job at all.
Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

but i really, really would rather they don't screw with the police. all my neighbors don't own weapons....yet, and honestly there are quite a few retirees who wouldn't know what to do with one anyway.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:11 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Look I'm not saying anyone deserves a cut or is better than anyone else, not at all. I like Dawn Jones, but hell we could do without her! But I do think we need all the police we need, just as I think we need to have a Green City Cordinatior to help our city move into the 21st century and help us save evergy cost, lead green programs, and help attract jobs... Again a job is better than no job at all...
Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:27 pm 
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Look I'm not saying anyone deserves a cut or is better than anyone else, not at all. I like Dawn Jones, but hell we could do without her! But I do think we need all the police we need, just as I think we need to have a Green City Cordinatior to help our city move into the 21st century and help us save evergy cost, lead green programs, and help attract jobs... Again a job is better than no job at all...

So what has the Green Czar done so far? Cashed his fat paycheck every two weeks? Anyone? (Crickets)
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
all my neighbors don't own weapons....yet, and honestly there are quite a few retirees who wouldn't know what to do with one anyway.

Wait a friggin minute here. I suggest that all honest folks arm themselves and you call me paranoid and racist. You suggest it and its a smart move, the best thing to do, oh ya just who should these folks be shooting at anyway. Confused

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Well I'll say it, since no one else wants to. It will be portrayed as being elitist, but who cares... Ok if the city want to attract department heads/professional appointees with moderate- to strong educational backgrounds and with experience, why would they cut their salaries by a whooping 15-25%? The Mayor actually on his own voluntarilly cut 5% of his appointee's pay. Customer service, secretaries, garbagemen etc. many, if not all require no degree. I would rather have a pay cut then no job at all.

You're using the same argument big corporations use to justify the huge bonuses they pay. Obviously, you've never heard of equality of sacrifice. Since they're only garbage men, they don't deserve a decent pay check? When times are as bad as they are in Flint today, everyone should sacrifice, not just the lower level employees.

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:40 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whoaaaaaa 2tap. i've never stated residents in rough neighborhoods shouldn't arm themselves.. i've told seniors in my own neighborhood to arm themselves. now this "paranoid and racist (sigh, yet again )" you also injected into the conversation comes from your own mind as usual.

1. by the way, is there a list of salaries available?

2. have salaries ever been adjusted or prorated taking into account the severely declined tax base? i can say that in my trade the hourly wage has been frozen for years, sometimes lessened depending on the geographical area considered.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

No Adam i was not paid, im just not so dumb that i dont realize where cits must be made and NOW. It would be nice if we could provde services, but WE CANT. We have to cut. And this bull that Walling hasn't cut the salaries of his appointees is bull and you all know it. He cut all of their pay 5%, which is more than the 4.6% cut for non public safety employees he is providing. Please become educated and if you would like to have an argument where you use what we call facts, im more than inviting. Just the incoherent rambling on here with no statistical or factual backing makes you all seem like lunatics. Please begin to support your wide assertions or quit making them.
Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey backagain try this Laughing

back again Forum: Political Talk Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 pm Subject: NAACP at it again.
paranoid in your bunker again i see...
----------------------------------------------

back again

Replies: 18
Views: 917
Forum: Political Talk Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:02 pm Subject: The cops are on the way.
man oh man. talk about paranoid.

---------------------------------------------------
back again

Replies: 20
Views: 1018
Forum: Political Talk Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:29 pm Subject: And so it begins
paranoid?????? geeeeeez

back again

Replies: 20
Views: 1018
Forum: Political Talk Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:54 pm Subject: And so it begins
thats funny. you know i have a few friends who still have stored food
and ammo from the big y2k paranoid scare? i realy do!
----------------------------------------------------

last time here Replies: 72
Views: 3295
Forum: Political Talk Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:26 pm Subject: Why carry a gun ?
man.. it must be hard to enjoy life being paranoid every time you
leave your house!!! what a way to live..

last time here

Replies: 49
Views: 5635
Forum: The Flint Journal Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 am Subject: Somebody got dissed at chuck e cheese
ha ha ha ha ha....so i'm a coward because i trust my
better judgement and my police department's ability to
do their job?? naw man. that sounds paranoid as all hell..
---------------------------------------------

last time here

Replies: 67
Views: 2070
Forum: Political Talk Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:36 pm Subject: Is Obama's church racist?
so paranoid...

you guys are funny
-----------------------------------------------

last time here

Replies: 49
Views: 5635
Forum: The Flint Journal Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:59 am Subject: Somebody got dissed at chuck e cheese
ha ha ha ha ha....so i'm a coward because i trust my
better judgement and my police department's ability to
do their job?? naw man. that sounds paranoid as all hell..
---------------------------------------------
last time here

Replies: 18
Views: 1180
Forum: Open chat Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:34 pm Subject: Seems like a plan to me.
i'd agree only with armed trained security at public schools.
i talked to a guy who thinks like you yesterday..
too paranoid for me!!

Shall I continue. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: