FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Park your Toyota?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Toyota tells dealers to stop selling about 1/2 of their product line until they can fix an accelerator problem.

http://detnews.com/article/20100127/AUTO01/1270382/Toyota-halts-sales-of-recalled-models

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Now hold on there a durn minute, according to all the auto test magazines and TV reviewers toyotas like all jap rides are flawless and this could only happen to a GM product. Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well 2tap we all remember those times when an automaker wouldn't say a thing about their defects because they didn't want to lose money, therefore accepted potential risk. people died, sued, won but the automaker still managed net winfall.

personally, a move like that is impressive!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey backagain remember those times when our fathers (well at least mine) sailed across the pacific to defend us against those impressive little f------ who planned on conquering us??

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

yup. america won, then rebuilt them, taught them democracy and they've succeeded. quite a good job i'd say!! i also remember when at all the local G.M. plants if somene parked a japanese car in an employee lot, a fork lift would appear and actually move it to the back of the lot! times change.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:07 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually foreign cars were not allowed period in the union hall parking lot.

I just read this looks like your japanese buddys actually tried to dodge their responsibilty also.

Lawsuit from Flint woman's estate highlights Toyota acceleration concerns
By Kristin Longley | Flint Journal
January 28, 2010, 12:12PM
FLINT, Michigan — A lawsuit filed by the estate of a Flint woman who died in 2008 when she lost control of her 2005 Toyota Camry provides some insight into the automaker's past investigations of safety issues, The Detroit Free Press reports.

The lawsuit was filed by the estate of Guadalupe Alberto of Flint.

Documents in the suit show that as early as 2004 authorities investigated reports of unintended acceleration in Toyota's best-selling model, the Camry, but the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration limited its investigations to incidents lasting only 1 second or less.

That limit came after a Toyota official, who used to work for the federal safety ageny, was involved in discussions with former colleagues, the Free Press reports.

Joan Claybrook, a former NHTSA official, told the Freep that Toyota's current recalls suggest the automaker should have taken past acceleration complaints more seriously.

"In March 2004, NHTSA began to examine complaints of sudden surges from owners of 2002 and 2003 Camrys, Solaras and Lexus ES300s, according to a deposition of Christopher Santucci, the Toyota employee who had worked for NHTSA...

While the issues in the 2004 investigation have not been tied to current recalls, the case raises questions of whether Toyota, which this week halted sales of eight models over acceleration concerns, can put the issue to rest without repairing older models. Seven Toyota acceleration probes have been closed, but the company now has at least 5.4 million vehicles under recall."

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:29 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

business is business. Cool

P.Y.
Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: