FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: HE SAID WHAT?!HARRY AND THE 'NEGRO'
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid and are quoted in a yet-to-be-released book about the campaign.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described in private then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Good thing old harry is a democrap, a simple "im sorry" will suffice . Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And who can skip over this??

One of the enduring mysteries of the 2008 campaign was what got Ted Kennedy so mad at Bill Clinton. The former president's entreaties, at some point, backfired, and the explanation has never quite emerged.

[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:48 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

this is newsworthy??

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:53 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Only if a Republican says it. It's OK for Democrats.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Amen Dave.

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:14 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

to some perhaps. personally i consider the time wasted on this thread a silly attempt at race-baiting. useless and exactly the way i felt about strom thurmond. everyone is capable of doing or saying silly things. hell thats what humans do. am i gonna waste one iota of brain matter getting upset? sorry bro, i have better things to do.that "us versus them" mentality will never do anything positive for you kats. ain't even worth it.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:07 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Excellent response and just what the lib mainstream media would concede. Now if this were a rush, or beck or imus comment well what racists, front page headline off with their heads. Laughing

HEY BA did you feel the earth shake??

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:30 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

nah that was way up north. i haven't felt one yet. this whole coast is part of the "ring of fire" and has an earthquake, sometimes two every day.it's no big deal here. my t-shirt feels mighty fine today. got the front door open too! Cool Cool Cool Cool my 2 hummingbird pals just stopped by to dine...all is well. i did find it interesting about the seals not stopping at their usual spot a week ago to feed and sunbathe. animals are a great source of predictions of earthquakes and volcanoes.

P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hummingbirds??? so thats where they went?? How you like my beautiful golden retriever girl Katy's avatar. Aint nobody messes around here. Shocked Laughing

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:39 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

dude!! you come up with some evil avatars!!!!

how about a nice avatar of a peaceful scene?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well OK here she is when she was a baby.

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:12 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

awwwwwww.thats what i'm talking about... Confused Confused

P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:09 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Harry's true colors come out.
Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Obama did get a lot of African American support to help make it through the primaries and win the general. He is articulate as well although the teleprompter does help him considerably. I don't think a non articulate black or white person would have a good shot at becoming president.
Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Obama did get a lot of African American support

A LOT Laughing Thats gotta be the understatement of the day.

Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:53 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

adam, i propose you doing half of what obama's done, then win the presidency. i'll bet $100.00 you'll use the hell out of a teleprompter. Laughing hell, i'll bet you use a cue card if you win city council.

what's the big deal about obama garnering african american support in great numbers. bill clinton did too. john f.kennedy did too.

whats the point here??? blacks will vote if given a reason?? is that surprising to you??? Shocked

why do you guys waste so much time on alledged race differences?
come on dudes it's the 20th. century, come out of the woods.

P.Y.
Post Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: