FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama no coverage for illegals
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That statement elicited an outburst of "You lie" from Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican. Remember when you Obama apologists had a stroke over Joes statement?? Well guess what libtards. Laughing

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/30/health-bills-fail-to-block-illegals-from-coverage/?page=2

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Ah yes, another example of conservative ideologues trying to paint Obama as a liar and justifying the exceptional ignorance of one of their own.

Obama said, "This, too, is false -- the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

Those bills in the House and Senate were not proposed nor negotiated directly by Obama. The provisions they contain were generated by the players in Congress. The insulting and frankly idiotic statement made by Wilson continues to be incorrect - your battle is with Congress, not the President. He still has not lied about proposing covering illegals and, even upon signing the bill when it passes, he will not have lied since, in the end, he still did not propose it (which as quoted above is exactly what he said.)

Attempting to reframe the conversation to save face, though, now that's hilarious.

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:15 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

typical 2tap stuff. thats why very few even respond to his cut and pastes!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
Ah yes, another example of conservative ideologues trying to paint Obama as a liar and justifying the exceptional ignorance of one of their own.

Link
Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
adam schreef:
video

I'm sorry - where exactly am I wrong? Obama made a statement, that statement is not a lie - far as I can see, I'm still justified in holding that position.

Bottom line is this - regardless of what he has said, what he did say on the floor of Congress is true - he did not and has not arranged for illegals to be covered in that bill. So long as that statement holds true, then you cannot call him a liar without being a liar yourself, no matter how you want to twist history and the present to fit your agenda.

I have no problem calling Obama out on the things I think he's done wrong or when he has actually lied, this is not one of those things.

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:59 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:

Bottom line is this - regardless of what he has said, what he did say on the floor of Congress is true - he did not and has not arranged for illegals to be covered in that bill.

HE did not arrange it, Democrats in congress did.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hmmmm lets see a good way to handle this would be to require all immigrants to show proof of citizenship. Seems the repubs tried to get that little glitch put in Obamas healthcare bill but for some reason your democrat cronies along with your POTUS ( you know the one you claim to not support) Rolling Eyes wouldnt stand for such a thing. He knew it at the get go and lied. Laughing The good thing is more Americans everyday are wiseing up to the ineptness and lieing of your acorn buddy along with the democrat party,. 2010 watch out whiners. Laughing

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:02 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Oh I make no contention on that issue, Dave. In fact I said,

quote:
Domet schreef:
...your battle is with Congress, not the President.

I have zero issue with that - I have an issue with twotap and others linking this to the president when, ultimately, he is not his party, he is not Congress, and he did not write the bill. Take twotaps ill-informed most recent post - linking everything to Obama as though he hand wrote the legislation himself.

I have zero issue with calling Obama out on his faults, as I have zero issue with calling any person on their issues. Making them up to serve a political agenda is akin to lying, and that is simply unacceptable. I know that twotap can find better things to hit the president on, but his political ideology tells him to attack on every front, related or otherwise.

Just sayin'.

quote:
twotap schreef:
you know the one you claim to not support)

This is your disconnect twotap - I don't put people on pedestals and worship them. I do not support Obama - I listen to a range of ideas and support what I like, argue against what I do not like. If overall the range of ideas supported by his person are not things I think are good, I will not support him. On healthcare, I do support UH and have for many years, so I will argue to defend it. The idea of UH is independent of Obama as a person and can be attached to any number of people in Congress, the Executive Branch, or in simple everyday average Joe life.

Your "wising up" of the American people as well as your continued charges of "lies" are just you attempting to prop yourself up on some moral high ground. I don't know what your mother taught you about lying when you were growing up, but mine always told me that lying for any reason was never acceptable. By continuing to put out false information and connecting people with such idiotic statements "He knew it at the get go and lied." You can't back that up with fact, therefor it is unsupported opinion, thus it is more or less false - guilty until proven innocent.

The burden of proof is always on the accuser, and as usual you are unable to back up your claims against Obama, more or less slandering him in an attempt to link him and vindicate your ideological mate, Mr. Wilson. Fail and fail again.

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe you can get your Messiah The One to hire you as one of his blah blah spin and grin writers since it looks like your acorn job is going bellyup. Hell you and him could sit around and talk about your days when you were community agitators signing up all those mickey mouse fictious voters in your attempts to get more leftists like yourself elected. You could even whine to him about all those unpaid trips you made carting a bunch of slackers to Lansing maybe he could reimburse you since he has all that money to throw around. Oh well enough of this conversing with a leftist moron im heading to the river. Laughing

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:14 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i think beck is looking for an apprentice. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I think Backagain is looking for a hero. Laughing

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:59 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
words and no arguments

Aw, look - twotap against a wall with no argument to validate his position? Resort to insulting me - it certainly makes you points valid... or wait, it doesn't.. rather it just validates my position that your ignorance has consumed you completely as a person. Ah, vindication.

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:01 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

naw tap, don't need a hero. every person who thinks and ponders before talking is a hero.

P.Y.
Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:53 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Poor Domet, is Twotap picking on you? Aww,,but I know you aren't above name calling and making comments that try to mock people's intelligence. Anyone who disagrees with you is "stupid' or "illogical", like you are Spock or some incarnation of Aristotle. I would suggest you take yourself down a notch Little ACORN, you aren't totally invulnerable yourself to resort to name calling and you would be the first to call out someone on it yourself. But I suppose it is different when you libs do it, correct? Everyone who objects to accepting the labels that you place on them is "irrational" or "illogical" . Poor Domet, why don't you have Scotty beam you up already?
Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:48 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Oh pissed, and I thought you had become a reasonable person. Sad.

I don't label people who disagree with me as illogical. You can take BAH836 as a prime example - he did not agree with all of my points on Sheriff Arpaio. Twotap was illogical, BAH was not. I did not lash out at BAH, treated him with respect. Twotap I mocked and disrespected. I demand they be reasoned. You are correct in pointing out that I am not above name calling - but as you may notice (if you are keen on reading) I have kept my name calling to a minimum, and then only to the things I can point out.. such as ignorance and bigotry. Slandering somebody is one thing - calling them out on their actual failings is quite another.

I am sorry that education and logic are so offensive to you, and while I am sure that twotap appreciates the back up that you are offering him, you haven't made his point either. Instead, you are doing exactly what he is doing - reinforcing ignorance with insults. No point to make? Well, you may as well insult me, it makes your big, bad position so much better.

You have nothing worthwhile to say, honestly. Why is it when twotap is up against a wall with no valid arguments you show up to try and defend him? Poor pissed - it's sad that you consider twotap so worthy of defense. Your arguments stack up about as effectively as his do, and birds of a feather and so on. You have displayed an amazing capacity for ignorance on this board as well - it can't come as a surprise to me that you continue to espouse it. If twotap is wrong, you are too - your reaction is easy to compute. Defend or risk being castigated as ignorant as well.

You claim to be an individualist who forms his own opinions but contradicts that claim left and right. The least you could do is try to live by the philosophy you yell out as a defense. I tried to deal civilly with twotap, and I have tried on more than one occasion to be civil with you. In every instance, the name calling has begun with you and with twotap. Here's the thing - people who cannot act like adults get treated like children. Once I realized that you were more interested in being petulant and bitter rather than having an honest conversation, I began to treat you as you treat other people. You know that old saying? Treat others as you would like to be treated? I always try that route first. When that fails, I treat them as they apparently would like to be treated.

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:59 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: