FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jackie, the Savior of Ward 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

Did anyone catch Jackie Poplar’s comments at the announcement of the opening of a Police Mini Station at Haskel Center? Everything she said was me, me, I, I. From what I hear, the woman has had nothing to do with it. I heard they have a Police Officer assigned over there in charge of PAL (Police Activities League) who has been hustling for donations to put Haskel back together. He also has volunteers that have been helping him with the work. Isn’t it typical of a Politician to show up for a press function and take credit from the people who actually put in the hard work?

Jackie, why not get off your fat ass and take off those silly ass hats and actually do some work in your ward?
Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:44 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

she claims she buys diapers and food for the residents with her salary. Guess that is why she can't pay her taxes or get out of bankruptcy.
Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:05 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

You sure seem to have it in For Ms. Poplar. I guess the christmas party she puts on every year doesn't mean anything. I don't follow her around. But I know she was active in her neighborhood cleans. Sounds like some people have a issue with her.

Where were you guys when Don was taking credit for all the things he had nothing to do with. Roads being repaired, Brides being repaired Houses being torn down. Crime skyrocketing.. Opps he claimed it was going down. Sorry.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

I believe Weed and Seed is working on a Boys and Girls Club Annex and other programs at that site and it may be likely J. Poplar and Walling are on board from the city. It takes many to make such a program happen.
Peace,
RAP

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:07 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Damm Ted, sounds like you are sweet on the this Poplar woman, you always defending her, guess you like all them hats huh?
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:12 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Poplar liked it when she had an office with her name on it in Haskell. Remember when her so-called nephew was murdered. She made sure his wife was employed at Haskell and she complained when she couldn't control the hiring process.
Ted operates on emotion and makes illogical assumptions sometimes on his shows.
Nearly all council people use their ward accounts to have events for children in their ward. Poplar did not complain about the Don when he gave her donaions for her first one at Civic Park School.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:11 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
You sure seem to have it in For Ms. Poplar. I guess the christmas party she puts on every year doesn't mean anything. I don't follow her around. But I know she was active in her neighborhood cleans. Sounds like some people have a issue with her.

Where were you guys when Don was taking credit for all the things he had nothing to do with. Roads being repaired, Brides being repaired Houses being torn down. Crime skyrocketing.. Opps he claimed it was going down. Sorry.

Mr. Jankowski,

I do not know Ms. Poplar personally, so I have not bias either way. My issue is another politician coming in and claiming credit for work that they did not do and not giving credit to those who did the work. It she was doing so much for her ward, she would be able to stand on her own accomplishments.

Secondly, Christmas parties are nice, but how does that help Flint or its residents with thier everyday problems. People would rather have a better quality of life day-to-day than a party once a year.

As far a Mayor Williamson, don't even get me started on him. Did he do some good? Yes, he helped in some areas, but he did so much damage to Flint's economy and finacial wellbeing.

If you want me to go more into issues I have with Ms. Poplar, I will gladly do so. Its not the person I go after, it's the person's inappropriate actions.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Will her paper airplane contest be held this year?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont know about the airplane contest but if shes planning on a "who wears the goffiest hat" contest shes gonna have some competition here. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

ConcernedCitizen I'd really like to know what good He did? He spent all of his time Claiming He did stuff that he didn't have a damn thing to do with.

Unlike this stuff your bashing Ms. Poplar for.

If you paid attention you'd know that the Cristmas party is for the Kids of Flint. Not just her ward. She brings in Hundreeds of Children and makes sure they all get Hat's and Gloves. Now she doesn't buy all the thngs herself she does accept donations. So NO it doesn't all come out of her pocket. But she does all the organization and planning.

But I can tell you she is more involved in the planning of the things she is being ran down for by you under Mayor walling. THan Williamson did with all the stuff he claimed credit for. And the Things Williamson did ran the City into Bankruptcy again. How is that good?

So please let me get you started.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ted- Hasn't she held this event the last couple of years at mcDonalds on Clio road. Somehow I don't see hundreds of kids in there.
She has been mean-spirited and worse in her attacks on others who don't agree with her. I see you in the council tapes so you obviously know how she is.
Why is your ego so tied up with woman? The only party store owner she appears to like gave her a $500 campaign donation. She wanted to crack down on alcohol and cigarette ads on stores, but this store on Clio and Stewart is one of the worst for signage.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:15 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

It's them hats Webs ,the hats,,Teddy loves them hats, prolly reminds him some nice old lady he knew growing up.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:24 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

1pissedoffguy LMAO LOL I like that but no.

She does have an event I forget what that one is at the McDonald's. But, it's not the Christmas one. Last year it was at I believe it's called the Kennedy Center on Pierson rd. Next some church. ALot of People where there including John Gleason, I foget the others names. But Not all the kids stayed some came and got some free food, and their gifts. by the end of the evening there was only about 60 -70 left.

It was announced on Public Access I didn't see anyone from the Media There. I went and video taped some fo the event. She combine Santa with Fingerprinting the children for safety for parents to have a record.

Who has she attacked? I've seen REACT to attacks on her. I've never seen her attack or instigate something? I'm not afraid of her. But, I wouldn't want to be the one that attacks her unjustified. As so many seem to be doing.
Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Who has she attacked? I've seen REACT to attacks on her. I've never seen her attack or instigate something? I'm not afraid of her. But, I wouldn't want to be the one that attacks her unjustified. As so many seem to be doing.

Mr. Jankowski,

I hate to knock your saint off her pedestal, but you seem to have blinders. First off, I said in my last post that I have issues with Williamson. He did much more bad to Flint than good. No politician is all bad or all good.

You asked, “Who has she attacked? How about David Davenport and Sally Haywood? Sprayed them with bug spray while calling them pests. That is inexcusable.

Flying paper airplanes during Council meetings. Not very professional!

Extorting money from store owners in return for a liquor license. Her excuse was that she did not know that it was wrong. Ignorance is not a legal defense. If she did know what she was doing and I believe she did, she should have been removed from office for misuse of office. If she did not know what she was doing was wrong, she should be removed just being plain stupid. But that wouldn’t happen back then because council never policed itself. She is in a political position in the LEGISLATIVE branch of government. If she does not understand the basic principles of extortion, she has no business in City Council.

Has she done some good things? Probably, as I said, no politician is all bad or all good. But she really crossed the line, and could have been removed on ethical grounds.

There is no politician that I would blindly follow. You sound like a child that still thinks their parents are perfect. Open your eyes and look at both sides of an issue.
Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:25 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

ConcernedCitizen
Sprayed them with bug Spray. I did just miss that. But understanding that her chair is approxamately 20 feet away from the podium. And I do know after the fact that Sally is allergic. I didn't know before. I'd hardly call that an attack. While I also Like Sally, but believe she is sometimes misguided in her attacks on certain people on the council. Ms. Poplar didn't just one day decide to do that. While I agree it wasn't professional She was not ATTACKING rather she was responding to an attack.

Mr. Davenport has some issues. Serious issues. While I give him credit for getting on the school board. I'm concerned for the Citizens of Flint that would elect him to any position without knowing his character.

Oh and you didn't quite say you had issues with the williamson administration. I did go back and reread our post. It was stated as a question that I missed. "and did he do some good?" Sorry I miss read that.

There ya go again with the extortion crap. I'm not going into that again. I've explained that in great detail. The only thing I'll say, is if she would have done that behind Closed doors (Like every other elected official) without the City Attorney's permission/OK. Had just taken the money and put it into her Campaign funds instead of giving it to high school students. It would have been legal. Look at all the Representatives and Senators that voted to dismantle Public access because AT&T paid them to. It's real simple you look at who put money in their campaigns, they vote the way the company wants. Those store owners gave no money to her campaign, it didn't go to HER, it didn't benifit her in anyway. And since there was no way she could have sold her vote since there was nothing she could do anyway except VOTE YES. How is she selling something she had to do anyway? She followed improper procedure, under guidence of the City attorney, was found guilty. then made FULL and COMPLETE restitution. She nieviely tried to take what we all know goes on behind closed doors in politics and bring it into the light. The problem being. It's not illegal behind closed doors. It only is if you tell everybody, before during and after you do it.
Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: