FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: So who besides myself Saw Capitalism a Love Story.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Remember, Mike attempts to use humor and satire when trying to get people to think. I found the show entertaining and surprisingly factual. I was being to actually feel sorry for the retired railroad guy being evicted until I saw the Wal-Mart bags he was using to put his stuff.

I know this is a tuff thing to ask, But could we possibly get some intelligent conversation about the movie?
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well I see no one saw it. Bummer ya missed out. I had hoped to have an intelligent conversation about it. Instead I read some of the blogs where people who hadn't seen were spouting their opinions without even knowing what they are talking about.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I had much better things to do with my time.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I plan on seeing the movie, and I am not a Moorite or anything . I am pissed off at the bailouts and all that and unlike Uncky Mike, I am a pro capitalitism. Capitalism does not or should not involve the marriage of corporations and the government. I think Adam Smith would against this form of capitalism . Moore did say a few interesting things in that interview with Larry King a few nights ago, I suggest people watch the interview for the suggestions he makes about reforming the election process . While I don't know the possible pitfalls of what he suggests may be , perhaps it may be a good launching place for conversations and debates. Otherwise I still think Moore has done some very questionable things in his past films and while we was the editor of those two rags he produced locally. All I can say is don't accept the way things have happened recently as being an example of how things should be done, bailouts are not good and people who run businesses terribly should not be rewarded.

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

When it becomes avaliable on Netflix ill take a look like I did with the rest of his full of crap movies. Meanwhile here is big mikes idiot quote of the day "Documentary film director Michael Moore, who has become a millionaire thanks to the profits from his movies, told CNSNews.com that “capitalism did nothing” for him."
Ya Mike we know. Laughing

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:23 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link

Link

Link

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:24 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: