FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Join the Democrats

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Terry Bankert

GRAND OPENING!

Genesee County

Michigan Coordinated Campaign Office

Special Guests:

Congressman Dale Kildee

Governor Jennifer Granholm

Senator Debbie Stabenow

Food and Entertainment!

Friday September 8, 5:00-7:00pm

877 E 5th Ave. just east of Saginaw St., in Flint

(The building formerly know as Windmill Place)
Post Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:16 pm 
Jim4GCC1

Did this ever happen? I can't find a word about it in the Flint Journal...
Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 pm 
plato/bankert

quote:
Jim4GCC1 schreef:

It did happen. The Governor was there a United States Senator was there, the Congressman was there, the Secretary of State Candidate was there, the Attorney general candidates were there, 5-8 Genesee County Commissioners were there, the Genesee county legislative delegation was there, a good representation of city and township officals were there BUT
there wered no Amway salesmen so TV 12, 5 66, 25 and the radio chose not to cover it. If the republicans aren't paying the press is not playing.

Terry Bankert
Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:38 am 
plato/bankert

quote:
Jim4GCC1 schreef:

It did happen. The Governor was there a United States Senator was there, the Congressman was there, the Secretary of State Candidate was there, the Attorney general candidate was there, 5-8 Genesee County Commissioners were there, the Genesee county legislative delegation was there, a good representation of city and township officals were there BUT
there were no Amway salesmen so TV 12, 5 66, 25 and the radio chose not to cover it. If the republicans aren't paying the press is not playing.

Terry Bankert
Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:39 am 
plato/bankert

quote:
Jim4GCC1 schreef:

It did happen. The Governor was there a United States Senator was there, the Congressman was there, the Secretary of State Candidate was there, the Attorney general candidate was there, 5-8 Genesee County Commissioners were there, the Genesee county legislative delegation was there, a good representation of city and township officals were there BUT
there were no Amway salesmen so TV 12, 5 66, 25 , the and the radio chose not to cover it. If the republicans aren't paying the press is not playing.

Terry Bankert
Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:41 am 
Jim4GCC1

So now the press is in the pocket of the Republicans? Pleeeeeze.... Maybe the local press is just incompetent?

http://www.revivegeneseecounty.com
Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jim4GCC1 schreef:
So now the press is in the pocket of the Republicans? Pleeeeeze.... Maybe the local press is just incompetent?

http://www.revivegeneseecounty.com

nahhhh, they are just too busy covering the news to play into giving free airtime to one party or the other. let them buy their own presence on TV, print, radio etc.

BTW, both parties are starting to crank up their presence with ads lately.

Both of them should be ashamed of the misleading tripe they run against each other. But there is no shame in politics where then ends still justify the means. 'Tis the season of the out of context, mischaracterizing, distorting ads!

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: