FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Blackstone's - mediocre food, high prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I would ask LakeWoman to tell us what happened for her to say that Blackstone's don't like black people? It would be totally stupid for anyone opening a place in downtown Flint to have this attitude but it is possible. Come, the city is over half black. Anyone with two working brain cells would know this. So LakeWoman, please tell us why you can to this conclusion . Was there a particular incident that happened that caused you think to think this ?

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:09 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just a quick observation about current events but from what I am seeing the most racist folks out there are black. Any failings in their lives its racist, Obama cant get health care its racist, To state that Flint has a high murder and crime problem its racist, people are moving out of Flint its racist, to mention anything about Obamas past associates and mentors like Jeremiah wright its racist, Hundreds of thousands of folks go the DC to protest the actions of the Whitehouse its racist, an ex president claims Obamas detractors are simply racist. That word sure gets tossed around a lot and is getting more tiresome day by day but I guess it is handy for those to use instead of facing facts.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:57 am 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

Well said Twotap. With the"browning of America" I wonder when whites will make charges of the same thing happening to them in the future will their concerns be as quickly reacted to as the the current minorities are. As for the weighing in of Jimmy Carter on this outburst of Joe Wilson I say consider the source. Carter's presidency was a failure, he is listened to far too much. I would give his opinion the same weight as I would Ol Dubya's in the future. Carter was a joke as a president, he was weak willed and out of his element . I don't give two hoots in hell about his Camp David Accords, they were pretty much a failure. I don't give a damm that he got that piece of crap Arafat and Begin to shake hands. The Nobel Prize means nothing to me ever since they gave it to that grinning nut job Arafat. When Carter was the president he did get a lot of the crap left over from both the Johnson era and the aftermath of Nixon's resigning and the intense public distrust stemming from Nixon's misdeeds. But even with those issues being out his control I still fail to see why we have to venerate this man. As for racism, yes,it exists, pass all the friggin laws you want to and scream it from the rooftops but it will just go underground and grow bigger. I remember talking to one man who was from the era pre Civil Rights period and he told me he would rather face down a robe wearing Klansman than some bleeding heart liberal who acts so lovey dovey , at the least he knew that the Klansman was being honest.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:29 am 
enjoylife23
F L I N T O I D

I have to agree with you Elias. You can't really call an establishment racist without any sort of proof as to what made you think that way. Even if it was a particular employee that made you feel unwelcome, if that were the case, why didn't you go talk to the management about it? Oh wait, they must be racist too so why bother?
People often make the mistake of assuming things based on one person's actions- but you don't knot the motivation behind those actions usually, so that assumption is pretty lame. More than that, did it ever occur to you that saying they don't like black people is pointing out YOUR issues with white people?
Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:06 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: