FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Blackstone's - mediocre food, high prices
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

a friend of ours & his wife went to Blackstone's for lunch yesterday and were not impressed. They ordered a hamburger & fries. The burger was $8.95 & they said the fries were cold. Add in the price of parking & the difficulty of finding a place to park. it's been crossed off their list & ours too.

Oh, they said there was a F;int police officer, in uniform walking around inside the restaurant the entire 90 minutes they were there. I'm starting to see why there are so few officers in the North end.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Eh, Blackstone's. Don't give up on downtown without trying a couple of other places though. I don't care for the place much either, but there are a lot of nice little restaurants down there.

As to the police - ya, right on. Go downtown you'll see a police office pretty frequently. Go to Selby St. and when the cops show up on the street it's a rare event. ::sigh::
Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:38 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Still waiting to see officers walking or bicycling around here. I'd settle for seeing one drive through here once every week or so.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Mott Foundation is paying for two officers downtown. It's on the City Council Agenda for Monday.
Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Those blackstones people don't like black folks, I will tell you that. Also, the food is priced too high for people that are on fixed incomes.
Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Mott Foundation is paying for two officers downtown. It's on the City Council Agenda for Monday.

Think they'd be willing to pay for a couple officers for the high crime areas?
Didn't think so.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:46 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Those blackstones people don't like black folks, I will tell you that.

Blackstones that dont like blacks. Laughing Laughing
I do agree $8.95 for a friggin burger in downtown Flint. Egads

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:58 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:

If the council has not yet approved this, WHY are the officers already there? Were they pulled out of other areas?

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I do agree $8.95 for a friggin burger in downtown Flint. Egads
[/quote]

The last, and only, time I paid 9 bucks for a burger was at Boston Blackies in Chicago. I got a 1/2 pound of ground sirloin on a freshly baked kaiser roll with enough hand cut potato chips to cover a dinner plate.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

The last, and only, time I paid 9 bucks for a burger was at Boston Blackies in Chicago. I got a 1/2 pound of ground sirloin on a freshly baked kaiser roll with enough hand cut potato chips to cover a dinner plate.

Now you made me hungry! lol Fudruckers has good burgers. J.W.'s karaoke on Dort also has some surprisingly good burgers.
Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:45 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:

If the council has not yet approved this, WHY are the officers already there? Were they pulled out of other areas?

Dave.. you're assuming that our City government does things properly... Where have you been for the last 10 years? LOL
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I went to Blackstone's once, the dish I ordered was great tasting but I would say pricey . I won't trash a business like Blackstones for that one bad meal. If they continue with that sort of quality of product then they will suffer the effects soon enough. That is one sort of business where market forces do work well and quickly. All I can say is I respect anyone starting a business in Flint and would be willing to give that business a second chance down the road. I go to Pages Bookstore, I go the Torch, I go to Paul's Pipe Shop , all because they have to guts and committment to stick it out in an area which people ave given up on. I also say that Tracey at the Lunch Studio has to be given a pat on the back because she was there before the other places opened and futhermore, she worked hard to stay open despite what has to be under conditions which are politely referred to as "challenging" . And though I don't often go there, Churchill's owners I also respect. When this city does get going again I think all these people should be remembered for their struggle to stay afloat . In a sense they are pioneers for all the others who come after them,

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:32 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

On friday a male older cop was sitting in the Mad Hatter when i went to legal services and then over an hour later still in the mad hatter.
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Good post by Elias 12. Very Happy

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:09 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Man you guys just complain about everything dont you. Abandoned buildings, complain. Poor government, complain. Then you get an eyesore abandoned building turned into a reastaraunt bringing many back downtown for the first time in a long time and you do what? Complain. Wow. And stop using the race card for everything, its old, abused, and is hurting racial progress in the US. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERTHING.
Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:15 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: